PDA

View Full Version : Drive motor location on C353

Custom Search

Xtended
09-03-2020, 09:16 PM
Hello Everyone.

I have a Konica Minolta C353 and i have to replace the Drive Motor (like in the picture from the atachement).
Cand anyone tell me where is the exact location? Is it in the back of the printer (i see there the mainboard and the hdd atached, i guess i have to take off the mainboard) or in the front of the printer where are the tonners and imaging units?

Thanks in advance.
Have a nice day !

Synthohol
09-04-2020, 01:34 AM
there are several of those.
what does it drive?
here...PDF

copyman
09-04-2020, 02:49 AM
Hello Everyone.

I have a Konica Minolta C353 and i have to replace the Drive Motor (like in the picture from the atachement).
Cand anyone tell me where is the exact location? Is it in the back of the printer (i see there the mainboard and the hdd atached, i guess i have to take off the mainboard) or in the front of the printer where are the tonners and imaging units?

Thanks in advance.
Have a nice day !

If you have to ask than are you sure you want to take on a job like this? For all the motors on rear side you have to remove the cage assembly and motors are behind it. Then depending on the motor more units may have to come off. Proceed with caution, taking apart an old machine like that for extensive repair may never work again! Many connectors have to be unplugged, ribbon cables, etc etc. Something as simple as not knowing how to unlock the ribbon connector and break brown plastic lock. You are screwed over a 1 inch piece of plastic! That is just one scenario that comes to mind.

Why not start with posting what type of problem or trouble code you are having. And better yet why not ask someone to send you the service manual? They may make you ask for small donation but well worth having the manual if you want to work on that old machine.

Best of luck

femaster
09-04-2020, 03:16 AM
Hello Everyone.

There are a number of motors like that in that model. It's hard to tell you where exactly it is if we don't know which one you need to replace. Generally speaking, nearly all the motors are hiding behind the circuit board cages in the BACK of the copier. Unfortunately, this model was not designed for easy access. The cage will need to be essentially removed from the back side of the copier, along with MANY other pieces and parts as well, including a LOT of wiring harnesses. The repair you are looking at is not an easy task, and should not be attempted by the untrained.

That being said, from my experience the motor that tends to fail on this model is the M1 motor, it's called the transport motor. Since I don't know for sure if this one is your problem or not, I can only speculate. If that is in fact the one, see the attached picture for location.

All I can say is, good luck if you are attempting this and never done it before. I've done it at least 4 times, and while it's not impossible, it's not fun and is definitely time consuming.

copier tech
09-04-2020, 08:36 AM
Hello Everyone.

Thanks in advance.
Have a nice day !

I would take a guess that you have been asked to do this return to fit but you didnt order the part? If this was a new motor what is the part number on the box?

Start from the beginning turn the machine on what error code do you get?

Xtended
09-04-2020, 01:10 PM
I'ved reached the M1 drive motor and changed it. It was located behind the main board in the left side.
The error was C5102. It took me about 2-3 hours for changing it. Operation succeded despide of the fact that at the end of the operation, 4 screws was left. :)

Everything is ok now.

Synthohol
09-04-2020, 01:15 PM
those are called bushscrews. its normal ;)

femaster
09-04-2020, 11:48 PM
I'ved reached the M1 drive motor and changed it. It was located behind the main board in the left side.
The error was C5102. It took me about 2-3 hours for changing it. Operation succeded despide of the fact that at the end of the operation, 4 screws was left. :)

Everything is ok now.

Glad to see that you did in fact get that old beast up and running. I see that is was the M1 motor. That was my best guess, as that is the only one I've ever had to replace in that series. Thankfully I've never had to do it a second time on the same machine, so if that motor was new, you shouldn't have any more issues with it. Not to say there won't be other problems, considering the age of the copier.

All I can say is if you are not a tech you did an excellent job, and maybe should consider getting some training and joining the rest of us! :cool:

copier tech
09-05-2020, 11:13 AM
I'm amazed that why would anyone spend so much time & money on a such an old model.

Custom Search