PDA

View Full Version : Light Problems C284e

Custom Search

Bix
09-04-2020, 05:08 PM
Hello,

today I have a particular problem. The customer has a bizhub C284e and reports that the printer does not define the color well.
Initially I thought of the black drum because it is the only one at the end of its life but in the office I have done several tests on different printers with new consumables but I get the same result.

The printer is a bizhub C284e with 600k prints. All consumables are almost new except the black drum which I will soon be replacing. But I don't think I'll solve my problem because I tried to print the PDF on my C364e and C3351 in the office with the same results.

Maybe there is some setting in the driver. I have tried both PCL and PS. I thought that with PS the problem got better but in reality it got worse!
What do you think?

original pdf cad

print result:
https://i29.servimg.com/u/f29/16/84/89/65/img20210.jpg

The colors all look the same and little different

tsbservice
09-04-2020, 05:26 PM
Bix I'm sure you run Stabilization and gradations as well with cleaning IDC sensors and laser slits.
Does the machine print other files OK? Can you open this file with another program and print? Also make sure the program they print from isn't taking settings over print driver.

Good luck

Bix
09-04-2020, 05:50 PM
Hi, I proceeded with the calibration. I use Adobe Acrobat and it is a PDF.
I have tried to indicate that it is a CAD, 1200DPI, print as image, removed quality compression and set maximum quality.
Besides, I have no idea.

femaster
09-05-2020, 12:17 AM
That's quite the difference. I don't have an actual solution for you, but as a temporary fix you could go into service mode, then Image Process Adjustment/Max Image Density/Print and increase the maximum image density for each of the colors (not black) up a notch or 2 or 3 or 4. You will need to run image stabilization after changing the setting, but this should darken up the color shades, to make them easier to distinguish from each other, until you can come up with a better solution.

Of course, this will have an affect on everything printed, so might be best to test with some other things as well to make sure it isn't over saturating something else they might print.

blackcat4866
09-05-2020, 12:43 AM
The light green shading reads as C:5, M:0, Y:8, K:7
The light blue shading reads as C:11, M:5, Y:0, K:0

Unless you've got a Fiery, fills below 7% do not tend to reproduce well, especially on older technology.
If you've got your consumables current, and stabilization & gradation done, that's about as good as it will get.

Just this week I had this conversation with a customer trying to reproduce neon green business cards on a bizhub C754e with Fiery. I presented the following color gamut graph:

I explained that:
The full circle is all the visible colors
The yellow outline is the colors that your monitor can produce
The red outline is Pantone defined ink colors
The blue outline is what your MFP can produce.
There are a lot more colors that you can see, and that your monitor can produce, and that can be printed in ink ... than you can do on a copier.

Her first comment was: "Most of those greens aren't in the blue outline. Maybe we should select a color that we can print."

If only I could have a few more customers like this one. =^..^=

Phil B.
09-05-2020, 01:28 AM
Hi, I proceeded with the calibration. I use Adobe Acrobat and it is a PDF.
I have tried to indicate that it is a CAD, 1200DPI, print as image, removed quality compression and set maximum quality.
Besides, I have no idea.

what printer *if any* printed a hard copy they could be comparing your print to?

can the acrobat vers you are running reproduce @1200dpi? what can it reproduce to .dpi level?

if the .pdf is of lessor quality can they expect the same of the original file.

Are they comparing a monitor **Display settings vs print ability**

are the graphic designers par chance?

copyman
09-05-2020, 01:51 AM
If you tried all new supplies and still can't get colors right keep in mind that machine will only do "business class" color prints. If all else fails you could add an EFI Fiery print controller. These are being sold for around $200 on Ebay (this was a $4k option). You will get true colors and defined lines for sure.

Bix
09-05-2020, 08:11 AM
the bizarre thing is that the situation has gradually worsened by changing the drivers. Initially I have the universal ones. The lines were visible enough but could be improved. I switched to original C364 PCL6 and then PostScript. With Postascript the light colors are completely gone. Being Adobe Acrobat, I was thinking in an improvement!

I considering testing more of my office printers, I believe more on the Blackcat idea. Some colors we see on monitors cannot be reproduced with these printers. I believe that for that kind of quality you need an inkjet printer (?)

tsbservice
09-05-2020, 08:29 AM
Try it with another PDF viewer like Foxit reader.

copier tech
09-05-2020, 01:20 PM
Hello,

today I have a particular problem. The customer has a bizhub C284e and reports that the printer does not define the color well.
Initially I thought of the black drum because it is the only one at the end of its life but in the office I have done several tests on different printers with new consumables but I get the same result.

The printer is a bizhub C284e with 600k prints. All consumables are almost new except the black drum which I will soon be replacing. But I don't think I'll solve my problem because I tried to print the PDF on my C364e and C3351 in the office with the same results.

Maybe there is some setting in the driver. I have tried both PCL and PS. I thought that with PS the problem got better but in reality it got worse!
What do you think?

original pdf cad

print result:
https://i29.servimg.com/u/f29/16/84/89/65/img20210.jpg

The colors all look the same and little different

You say printing this same pdf on 2 other printers give the same result?

This suggests to me the issue is with the document not the printers.

Custom Search