PDA

View Full Version : Pro 951 detoning with no error.

Custom Search

allan
09-06-2020, 03:26 PM
Hi guys.

Got a 951 that goes went light on me with no errors from the TCR or from IDC.
Toner supply system will fill up the sub-hopper with no problem.
Not adding toner to the developer.

Toned it up using I/O 54-00 and just went light after a couple of hundred prints.
Then toned up again and reinitialized the developer with same result.
Print quality if toned up is perfect.

Dev still good...

Is it not suppose to give C22XX error if TCR value gets out of range or 380X if IDCS does not read a good patch?
Peculiarity adjustment for max density completes with no error.

A bit confused here? Any advise welcome.

tsbservice
09-06-2020, 03:55 PM
Maybe some DIP switch set to machine NOT giving errors? Also I think it could eat developer if toner isn't supplied to developer unit.

Synthohol
09-06-2020, 04:10 PM
had one like that, the plastic drum carriage had a small crack at the top in the back and when it was good and warm it printed light solids.
hope yours is as simple to find.

allan
09-06-2020, 04:21 PM
Maybe some DIP switch set to machine NOT giving errors? Also I think it could eat developer if toner isn't supplied to developer unit.

Yea will have to go thru it switches. Checked the switches for TCR concentration is was on default. Will have to go thru the rest. Can remember it emptied the toner hopper without asking for a new bottle the previous time.
Installed a new toner and it toned right up again.
Striped and cleaned the hopper sensors and confirmed them with sensor check. The vocal response "low or high" helps a lot if you are on the side of the machine.
Now if i empty the sub-hopper it fills up straight away.

Luck it did not chow any developer yet.

had one like that, the plastic drum carriage had a small crack at the top in the back and when it was good and warm it printed light solids.
hope yours is as simple to find.

Machine got only 6mil on the clock the cradle looks good on inspection. When toned up the solids are perfect.

blackcat4866
09-06-2020, 06:20 PM
Take a look at the patch sensor under the developing unit. Is the lens dirty (or in my case buried in 25mm of toner)? Also that sensor lens may become opaque if it has been cleaned often. Perhaps you need a new sensor?

Another tech I know created this effect by installing a new drum, but not resetting any counters or doing the drum sensitivity adjustment. I know you're smarter than that. =^..^=

allan
09-06-2020, 08:17 PM
Take a look at the patch sensor under the developing unit. Is the lens dirty (or in my case buried in 25mm of toner)? Also that sensor lens may become opaque if it has been cleaned often. Perhaps you need a new sensor?

Another tech I know created this effect by installing a new drum, but not resetting any counters or doing the drum sensitivity adjustment. I know you're smarter than that. =^..^=

Thanks giving me some ideas. The sensor is good and clean.
Getting a new sensor in a couple of days. Still no TCR error???
Its been running with that drum and developer for a couple of months doing about 500K.
Must admit i installed a used drum and a dev-tank from another machine back then.
Wonder if that is what is biting me now.

Yesterday all good prints as per customer said today only gone light. Some of prints from the day before was on the machine and looked all ok.

We suffer from a bad power grid and go thru a thing called load shedding where they pull the switch on us for 2 hours a day. Wonder how the machine's NVRAM feels about that where it stores the reverence values?
Will run drum sensitivity adjustment and dev again...
Fuser error heaven over the pond on the tip of Africa.

allan
09-11-2020, 08:19 PM
Was not in too much of a mood to fuss around.
Changed IDCS, TCRS and developer.
Did all appropriate adjustments and there she goes.

Was too shy in toning it back up if the density looks ok you need to add more to saturate it a bit or after dev init it will just go light again.
Slip a bit and background...
Think the reference values got out of wack some how.

All ok now.

tsbservice
09-11-2020, 08:28 PM
Thumbs up allan... kinda expected that outcome from sly 'old' devil :D

Custom Search