PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Konica Minolta c220 - Black Not Showing

Custom Search

HarryBurgess
09-09-2020, 05:24 PM
When printing both normally in test mode, C M Y are all showing as normal and printing in colour. However when attempting to print black it is barely visible, as if its just a plain piece of paper with mild shading around the page. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

tech51
09-09-2020, 06:39 PM
When printing both normally in test mode, C M Y are all showing as normal and printing in colour. However when attempting to print black it is barely visible, as if its just a plain piece of paper with mild shading around the page. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

There are a few things that can cause this such as hv failure, but a common one on this model is a slipping or failed black dev clutch.

I would check the dev unit is rotating before I went any deeper on this fault.

HarryBurgess
09-10-2020, 11:37 AM
There are a few things that can cause this such as hv failure, but a common one on this model is a slipping or failed black dev clutch.

I would check the dev unit is rotating before I went any deeper on this fault.

Thanks for this information, I've checked and the dev unit is rotating. What would be the simplest way to change the developer clutch if you don't mind me asking?

Also, is the clutch on the developer itself or inside the copier?

Thanks

and
09-10-2020, 12:48 PM
Inside

copyman
09-10-2020, 01:17 PM
See if black dev is on mag roller. If drum is overlife it can short out and devolper is pulled and dumped into waste toner box. More common on the "4" series but can also happen to the C220 series.

Custom Search