PDA

View Full Version : Konica-Minolta Bizhub 600 Firmware Upgrades

Custom Search

jobel
11-06-2008, 03:19 PM
How do I know when Konica-Minolta issues a firmware upgrade for the Bizhub 600? Our tech says he has no idea, and doesn't offer notification service. Our IT is oblivious.

I just need a scanner that works when I want it to, and for that I need to know when to tell a tech to install an upgrade.

JustManuals
11-06-2008, 03:32 PM
You need to contract with a company that is K-M authorized.
Look in the phone book, or call K-M direct, they will give you a list of authorized companies in your area.

HtH
Paul@justmanuals.com

buster68
11-06-2008, 09:10 PM
Unfortunately there is no automatic notification system for firmware upgrades, not even for KM certified techs. If the tech is having a specific problem they can browse the thru the firmware updates on dealer tech log in at KM. There isn't a schedule as to when the updates occur. As of today there are over 50 firmware updates for the BH600 and the last one was released in September.

jobel
11-06-2008, 09:21 PM
Where can I go to log in to check for firmware updates? Do I have to be a dealer just to find out if they have any new ones?

Unfortunately there is no automatic notification system for firmware upgrades, not even for KM certified techs. If the tech is having a specific problem they can browse the thru the firmware updates on dealer tech log in at KM. There isn't a schedule as to when the updates occur. As of today there are over 50 firmware updates for the BH600 and the last one was released in September.

JustManuals
11-06-2008, 09:34 PM
Yes

pepper38_cnd
11-06-2008, 11:15 PM
Is your problem "Lock Ups" there is firmware to address that it came out October 10/08 I believe. We had 2 units that locked continuously and they have been running great since (touch wood).

jobel
11-07-2008, 02:29 PM
We had lock up problems, too, but then we developed the bigger problem - scanned docs didn't go to anyone's computer.

Obviously, we'll have to wait until we lose our scanner again, then tell the techs to check for firmware upgrades. Not being a dealer, we can't check for upgrades ourselves, so we have no way to act proactively... what a huge pain!

Is your problem "Lock Ups" there is firmware to address that it came out October 10/08 I believe. We had 2 units that locked continuously and they have been running great since (touch wood).

Custom Search