PDA

View Full Version : Unwanted A3 print instead of a print on A4 size

Custom Search

occus
09-11-2020, 11:12 AM
Sorry i repost this again, because the other trade is blocked... never use the word "print" as the last word in the title ;) (printable view)

I would like to ask if someone had the problem that the wrong paper size was printed. Bizhub c258/ Windows Server 2016/ Client Windwos 10 / Application Adobe Reader

A customer claims that the printer sporadically prints on A3 although the document is an A4 size and the driver is set to automatic.
The setting of the tray is set to stop and not to change the tray.

The customer also said that this problem has already occurred with the bizhub c224e.
I have never had this problem and then I always think that the customer made the setting for a other PDF(size A3) and then did not close the program and it is open in the background so that the old settings are still set.

But the customer insists that he knows the procedure and pays attention to it.
Unfortunately, he or I can not reproduce the problem on the same PDF which is sometimes printed correctly and only sporadically on the wrong paper format.
And it happens on various PDF's 20-50 pages which the customer receives.

Thank you for feedback.

rrrohan
09-11-2020, 11:16 AM
Choose paper source by PDF page size ticked?

Synaux
09-11-2020, 06:53 PM

I highly doubt this is not a user error issue.

Try switching up the drivers (e.g., if he is using PS switch to PCL, et cetera). Tell him that should fix the issue. It is a lie of course, but the drivers are different enough that he will be forced to pay more attention (maybe). You can do the same with the PDF reader. :cool:

Of course this method will probably only work for a few months until the customer becomes complacent and forgets to setup print jobs correctly :rolleyes:

occus
09-17-2020, 03:17 PM

Today i was back at the customer.

No, "choose paper source" was not ticked and have not made any change.

The size adjustments are set to: adjust/adapt/customize (i don't know the exact english therm)
We changed to "reduce oversize" and now let's see what happens.

Synaux
09-18-2020, 05:12 AM
Today i was back at the customer.

No, "choose paper source" was not ticked and have not made any change.

The size adjustments are set to: adjust/adapt/customize (i don't know the exact english therm)
We changed to "reduce oversize" and now let's see what happens.

Probably auto tray is selected then? As a default setting in the driver itself.

Did you try different drivers?

occus
09-18-2020, 08:50 AM
Yes auto tray is selected and should stay that way.

Today i get a mail from this costumer with a additional input from a employee:
If the problem occurs, the print is printed on an A3 paper but the print image size is A4 and centered on the A3 and therefore has a white border all around.

This information is not related to the change I have already made.

Do you think it is a driver problem? i guess not but... i'll try if i get no solutions with the adobe reader print settings.

Zesti
09-18-2020, 09:03 AM
I have had this problem from one customer and the settings on that user PC were not appropriate. In the driver properties set paper size to same as original, and be sure to set tray priority on machine, when required paper size not available, set to stop printing. I hope you get my point.

Synaux
09-20-2020, 04:09 AM
Yes auto tray is selected and should stay that way.

Today i get a mail from this costumer with a additional input from a employee:
If the problem occurs, the print is printed on an A3 paper but the print image size is A4 and centered on the A3 and therefore has a white border all around.

This information is not related to the change I have already made.

Do you think it is a driver problem? i guess not but... i'll try if i get no solutions with the adobe reader print settings.

Auto Tray is not the way.

He needs to manually set the size paper he wants or set profiles for A3/A4 in the print driver.

Next time this happens ask him what the actual dimensions of the document. If my hunch is correct, I will explain further when you report back :)

Custom Search