PDA

View Full Version : Konica c220 - Best way to change black dev clutch?

Custom Search

HarryBurgess
09-11-2020, 03:31 PM
I made a previous post about no black showing in prints and was informed that there's a good chance its the black dev clutch. I had a mess around trying to change it - Going through the back of the machine.

I'm a fairly new apprentice so this aspect of the Konica's is a bit unfamiliar. What would be the easiest way to change the clutch?

tsbservice
09-11-2020, 03:54 PM
Ideally you will read manual ;)
Briefly:
- remove some back covers
- open PWB box
- remove High voltage unit (HV)
- remove the developing clutch/K cover
- remove the developing clutch/K

blazebusiness
09-11-2020, 05:24 PM
Ideally you will read manual ;)
Briefly:
- remove some back covers
- open PWB box
- remove High voltage unit (HV)
- remove the developing clutch/K cover
- remove the developing clutch/K

What he sald. (in nice detail)

The procedure he outlined for removing the C220 K dev clutch CL6 can be found in the Field Service Manual. So get a copy of that manual before you even attempt it.

copyman
09-11-2020, 05:44 PM
I made a previous post about no black showing in prints and was informed that there's a good chance its the black dev clutch. I had a mess around trying to change it - Going through the back of the machine.

I'm a fairly new apprentice so this aspect of the Konica's is a bit unfamiliar. What would be the easiest way to change the clutch?

Proceed with caution. A lot of things have to be removed to get to clutch. Even with a manual there is a good chance you will end up calling a technician anyway. And I know a lot of techs like myself who won't work on a machine taken apart by someone else.

Do yourself a favor, and I mean no disrespect, but call a qualified technician and save yourself a lot of time and $$$$.

Best of luck

Synaux
09-11-2020, 07:09 PM
Do yourself a favor, and I mean no disrespect, but call a qualified technician and save yourself a lot of time and $$$$.

Best of luck
Hrm... watch another more experienced tech do the job and take notes or to do it alone to earn your qualifications for yourself (or just fail). The question that is rarely questioned. :rolleyes:

Anyways, if you tackle this alone follow everyone's advice, bring your phone/camera and take lots of pictures prior to disassembly. Chances are if you were good with Legos as a kid, you can probably get all the pieces back together. Also, it is rare to burn a board out, but if you do not know how to prevent electrostatic discharge, now would be a good time to learn.

allan
09-11-2020, 08:43 PM
Be glad its not a C650 K drum encoder disk to be changed out.

Synthohol
09-11-2020, 10:31 PM
its a c220, it belongs at the bottom of the ocean where dinosaurs go to die.
besides that, good luck. the whole machine is only worth 500.00 so dont put too many hours or money into it.
i admire your bravery.

femaster
09-12-2020, 12:08 AM
Personally, I'd want to make ABSOLUTELY SURE that the development unit ISN'T turning before I'd go through that much trouble.

Not sure what has been done to this point, but I'd pull the dev unit first, make sure there is something on the mag roller for starters. If there is, I'd take a clean dry rag (or finger with a glove on) and push the developer and toner to the sides to make about a 1-inch wide blank area in the middle of the mag roller (spread what you moved out across the roller so that you don't have a big pile on the roller that might touch the drum). I'd then re-install the dev unit and the drum, power up the copier, let up come up to ready, print a meter page or something, then break it down again and check to see if that blank area was still on the mag roller. If it is, you know it's not turning and you can then look into the clutch. It the blank area is gone, then it's probably something else that is going on.

That's just me though. I don't like to jump into lengthy and/or difficult situations unless I know for sure that's what I need to do.

femaster
09-12-2020, 12:16 AM
besides that, good luck. the whole machine is only worth 500.00 so dont put too many hours or money into it.
i admire your bravery.

Not the OP here, but I'd love to do just that at the place I work. Unfortunately, old units are their "cash cows". They love these machines where customers that have had the units long enough to where the maintenance contract costs have gone up. Those are their money winners.

We have have tons of C220's and C360's out in the field. Hell we still have a few 7022's out there, at least one 501 that I can think of, still have one C420 (I think we finally got the last C351 swapped out, but I could be wrong), TONS of 250's and 350's a good number of 222's lots of 552's and C552's, still about five 600's and one 751. Probably over 50 from the 253/363 line...

I could go on for days listing the antique crap I have to deal with on a daily basis!

copyman
09-12-2020, 05:16 AM
Not the OP here, but I'd love to do just that at the place I work. Unfortunately, old units are their "cash cows". They love these machines where customers that have had the units long enough to where the maintenance contract costs have gone up. Those are their money winners.

We have have tons of C220's and C360's out in the field. Hell we still have a few 7022's out there, at least one 501 that I can think of, still have one C420 (I think we finally got the last C351 swapped out, but I could be wrong), TONS of 250's and 350's a good number of 222's lots of 552's and C552's, still about five 600's and one 751. Probably over 50 from the 253/363 line...

I could go on for days listing the antique crap I have to deal with on a daily basis!

I would rather be working on some of those old models instead of a "few" new models I've seen.

I see machines getting built with cheaper materials & parts which make less reliable.

Synaux
09-12-2020, 06:59 AM
I would rather be working on some of those old models instead of a "few" new models I've seen.

I see machines getting built with cheaper materials & parts which make less reliable.

It is only going to get worse.... the apparatus that is money will never falter.

Zesti
09-12-2020, 10:49 AM
Personally, I'd want to make ABSOLUTELY SURE that the development unit ISN'T turning before I'd go through that much trouble.

Not sure what has been done to this point, but I'd pull the dev unit first, make sure there is something on the mag roller for starters. If there is, I'd take a clean dry rag (or finger with a glove on) and push the developer and toner to the sides to make about a 1-inch wide blank area in the middle of the mag roller (spread what you moved out across the roller so that you don't have a big pile on the roller that might touch the drum). I'd then re-install the dev unit and the drum, power up the copier, let up come up to ready, print a meter page or something, then break it down again and check to see if that blank area was still on the mag roller. If it is, you know it's not turning and you can then look into the clutch. It the blank area is gone, then it's probably something else that is going on.

That's just me though. I don't like to jump into lengthy and/or difficult situations unless I know for sure that's what I need to do.

Absolutely agree with Femaster (IS it Female Master:rolleyes:?). You should be sure of the working K unit first. Try it on another machine if possible.

HarryBurgess
09-14-2020, 10:16 AM
Proceed with caution. A lot of things have to be removed to get to clutch. Even with a manual there is a good chance you will end up calling a technician anyway. And I know a lot of techs like myself who won't work on a machine taken apart by someone else.

Best of luck

It doesn't really have much importance to us as a business.. more for training purposes for myself.

HarryBurgess
09-14-2020, 10:36 AM
besides that, good luck. the whole machine is only worth 500.00 so don't put too many hours or money into it.
i admire your bravery.

Merely just for training purposes only, I'm just familiarising myself with as many models as possible.

Custom Search