PDA

View Full Version : BH-C-25, "Toner not installed, Y-K"

Custom Search

Hansoon
09-11-2020, 03:58 PM
Rental machine, BH-C-25, showing "Toner not installed, Y-K"
Machine is in a remote location. Customer got this indication and replaced toner Y and K. Machine was up again and tested. The config sheet showed 100% for CYMK toner. Machine worked fine the whole day for copying and printing but the next morning the same stupid message came up: "Toner not installed, Y-K" and doesn't go away inspite of slamming the IU's and toners in and out as the customers says.

I will go there Monday to clean contacts of the IU's and tonercartridges but I fear that is will not be that easy.

Any experience with these kind of errors? Any ideas?

Hans

blazebusiness
09-11-2020, 05:07 PM
Rental machine, BH-C-25, showing "Toner not installed, Y-K"
Machine is in a remote location. Customer got this indication and replaced toner Y and K. Machine was up again and tested. The config sheet showed 100% for CYMK toner. Machine worked fine the whole day for copying and printing but the next morning the same stupid message came up: "Toner not installed, Y-K" and doesn't go away inspite of slamming the IU's and toners in and out as the customers says.

I will go there Monday to clean contacts of the IU's and tonercartridges but I fear that is will not be that easy.

Any experience with these kind of errors? Any ideas?

Hans

I would suspect a toner supply issue so:

Check toner shutter
Generic supplies? (since it's you replacing it, I imagine not)
Whats the current Image units life?

And, of course with any weird problem/glitch I always start with rewrite firmware.

Not the same machine but I remember the C20's were a pain with this type of issue.

Hansoon
09-13-2020, 10:04 AM
Heard the rumour that DIPSW 28 can forcibly release the toner cartridges, but how to set it for that purpose? What HEX setting?

Hans

allan
09-14-2020, 07:35 AM
Seen bad drum chips cause this before.

Custom Search