PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous bizhub c300i "the original size was detected"

Custom Search

gerf443
09-11-2020, 10:00 PM
I have a c300i telling me it detects the paper size when I close the ADF. Platen glass is clean. Both sides. ADF white surface is spotless(new). Have run "non image area erase check" numerous times under various lighting conditions. Swapped out the CCD unit with another c300i. Have replace BASEB board and scanner board. Has the latest firmware, B5. I tried loading base original firmware up to the latest firmware just in case I missed one. Have not called KM tech support yet. They usually just tell me things I've already read on their site. Any ideas where to go from here? Machine is about one year old but old new stock. Thanks

Phil B.
09-11-2020, 10:08 PM
I have a c300i telling me it detects the paper size when I close the ADF. Platen glass is clean. Both sides. ADF white surface is spotless(new). Have run "non image area erase check" numerous times under various lighting conditions. Swapped out the CCD unit with another c300i. Have replace BASEB board and scanner board. Has the latest firmware, B5. I tried loading base original firmware up to the latest firmware just in case I missed one. Have not called KM tech support yet. They usually just tell me things I've already read on their site. Any ideas where to go from here? Machine is about one year old but old new stock. Thanks

so it tells you that it detected the paper size.. does it copy to a different size?

what size does it detect?

does it copy at all?

tsbservice
09-11-2020, 10:23 PM
I'm really sorry but have to ask.
Have you redo ADF setup from zero? Tried another one? What is exact message?

femaster
09-11-2020, 11:52 PM
Is the ADF height adjusted correctly? I've had copiers in the past (not a C300i) that were completely clean, but no matter what I did, would always detect paper when I put the ADF down. When this happens, you can't use the ADF because the copier always thinks there is paper on the glass. I eventually discovered that the ADF height was not adjusted properly, it was too close to the scanner glass and was detecting the white plate as paper. Adjusting the height up some completely eliminated the problem. Again, not this particular model, but might be worth looking into.

rrrohan
09-12-2020, 12:13 AM
As a test

Power cycle

Does it allow you to use ADF now?

I had one that would work in that condition but the moment you open to access flat bed glass it would (until you power cycle) always think something was on the glass, A3 in size.

Turned out to be the 2 length sensors under glass.

You can prove it by running with them unplugged, it just won't detect larger sizes, but it's only to troubleshoot anyway

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

blazebusiness
09-12-2020, 12:25 AM

Very common issue on the 4 series. Paper size detected. Can't use adf. The fix almost always is to clean the optics,slit glass and copyboard glass (I know....even if they already look clean)

Just fixed one with that exact issue again a few days ago. (but again, was a 4 series)

Since you have a c300i I guess it could indeed be something else but the issue is strikingly similar to the 4 series error.

EarthKmTech
09-12-2020, 01:04 AM

if this is original left on glass error or its detecting an original on the glass, a number of these were adjusted incorrectly at the factory.

manually adjusting the readable area off the glass can fix it because it may be seeing the edge of the glass area causing the false detection. As always ensure the print engine is aligned correctly before starting adjustments and using it as a reference.

copyrooks
09-12-2020, 02:25 AM
Our office had a C250i with same issue out of the box. We cleaned and replaced both slit and platen glass from other machine. Tried another dual scan and RADF from other machines. We Tried the Scanner drive board from another machine. Initialized all settings on copier, even tried the Black photo reflector inside the scanner and still no dice. We then tried the CCDB from a junker C250i with shipping damage the issue was gone. Hope this helps!

Bix
09-13-2020, 05:27 PM
Guys, before disassembling try this. I had this problem on 2 bizhub C250i. At 90% it is because the ADF is pushed too hard against the glass. Adjust the height screw and you will 90% solve this problem. No dirt problems.

gerf443
09-14-2020, 01:10 PM
a few things I forgot to mention. If I activate rear ADF switch then put a magnet on the front reed switch it will still detect paper on the glass with no ADF even installed. Also it is always detect 11" width paper. Put legal on the glass and it sees 11x17.

blazebusiness
09-14-2020, 01:51 PM
a few things I forgot to mention. If I activate rear ADF switch then put a magnet on the front reed switch it will still detect paper on the glass with no ADF even installed. Also it is always detect 11" width paper. Put legal on the glass and it sees 11x17.

Some of this will seem repetitive so disregard the stuff you already did.

Did you completely unplug the adf from the MFP before testing that reed switch to see the size detected on the glass?

If you did not completely unplug the adf from the MFP before testing that reed switch to see the size detected on the glass, do it again with the adf completely disconnected.

The ccd assembly itself reads the width. But you have already replaced that I see.

The paper size is determined by a combination of the width info from the ccd assembly and the 2 document length sensors PS204 & PS205
Even though your problem seems to be with the width measurement - I would still work on the following components (barring an issue with the adjustments-which I assume you did) :

Doc size sensors (clean them) and check mounts (bent?)

Slit glass and copyboard glass and optics (clean the hell out of them-alcohol)

CCD unit (my money would have been on that but you already replaced that and 2 different ccd's are not going to have the same problem)

Adjustments

Firmware

MFPB (hope not)

Other possibilities---there is an angle sensor that I think (not completely sure how it functions) is what might detect the on the glass original and initiates the Original Document width and length measurements after the reed switch and adf cover closed sensors engage. Could that be dirty or out of position?

Perhaps someone else can comment further on the function of that angle sensor----lots of good tech's here............

Sure hoping one of these remarks helps you.

gerf443
09-15-2020, 09:16 PM
IT'S FIXED!!:o Spent 2.5 hours on the phone with KM. We went through a bunch of different settings and adjusts. Didn't fix it. He finally sent me a .tar reset file that I call the "Nuclear Option". It took the machine back to a newborn. Had to go to softswitch 10 and change it to hex02 so it would know it was a KM copier and not a generic. Reload firmware after checking machine type. Good to go! I suspect a previous responce had it pegged. Scan Image Side Edge was -.1mm. After resetting I checked it and it was now -4.7mm. KM said anytime they get a "I" series call they know it's going to be a 2hr call. Thanks for all the help. Hope this helps someone in the future.

tsbservice
09-15-2020, 09:25 PM
IT'S FIXED!!:o Spent 2.5 hours on the phone with KM. We went through a bunch of different settings and adjusts. Didn't fix it. He finally sent me a .tar reset file that I call the "Nuclear Option". It took the machine back to a newborn. Had to go to softswitch 10 and change it to hex02 so it would know it was a KM copier and not a generic. Reload firmware after checking machine type. Good to go! I suspect a previous responce had it pegged. Scan Image Side Edge was -.1mm. After resetting I checked it and it was now -4.7mm. KM said anytime they get a "I" series call they know it's going to be a 2hr call. Thanks for all the help. Hope this helps someone in the future.

Great follow up. Now we know the dreaded reset.tar file is a must.

pickle8486
04-19-2023, 04:29 PM
Thank you Gerf! This has been an issue for a month or so that I could not fix even after a tar file reset.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230419/6e23db12b85a1fc9f8c9ea595185cca5.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

MrPeAsE
06-06-2023, 02:36 PM

Had same issue C360i it was set to zero tried -3 and now works 100% .

Custom Search