PDA

View Full Version : konica minolta / Devlop C554e

Custom Search

selmila
09-14-2020, 02:13 PM
hi all.

can any one advice me if i can upload KM C 554e Animatiom DATA in Devlop C554e ?

elmaligno
09-14-2020, 02:16 PM
hi all.

can any one advice me if i can upload KM C 554e Animatiom DATA in Devlop C554e ?

Yes, they are the same device, the only difference in switch 25, wich specifies the manufacturer for commercial purposes. All firmware are the same too.

selmila
09-14-2020, 02:25 PM
Yes, they are the same device, the only difference in switch 25, wich specifies the manufacturer for commercial purposes. All firmware are the same too.

Thanks for replying.
Can you please help me out in changing the DIP?

elmaligno
09-15-2020, 02:06 PM
Thanks for replying.
Can you please help me out in changing the DIP?

Hi, if you want to turn any develop into konicaminolta, you should put switch 10 into 02, not into 00, so that determines the manufacturer.

selmila
09-15-2020, 06:09 PM
[QUOTE=elmaligno;1565818]Hi, if you want to turn any develop into konicaminolta, you should put switch 10 into 02, not into 00, so that determines the manufacturer.[/QUOTE

Hi.
Thank you for replying me. I will check when I visit the client .

mga
09-15-2020, 06:14 PM

+1

tsbservice
09-15-2020, 07:20 PM
I have been told that one may have some strange problems playing with this code. I certainly won't.

drowranger
09-15-2020, 11:14 PM
Please do a backup before changing the code. You might have to do some parts of runup as well.
If client uses User Authentication/secure printing you have to update the driver to a KM one to get it working as well.

Like tsbservice said i would not change this switch unless necessary . You can use KM fw on Develop ineo +554e without any issues.

Good luck!!

femaster
09-16-2020, 04:37 AM
I'll 3rd that recommendation not to change it. Changing this wipes out some of the settings. I don't know all of what is lost, but I know that some of the setup settings get set back to default in service mode, network settings get wiped out... I know there is much more that, but I can't remember them all, nor do I claim that I know everything that gets reset.

In case an end user sees this thread down the road, don't do it! All I can say for sure is that it's a pain for a tech to go back through and check everything and set it properly, so for any end user with little to no knowledge of what needs to be set to what, or how to even get into the needed areas to change those settings, it could the beginning of a very bad nightmare!

Custom Search