PDA

View Full Version : Konica Software Switch settings (complete)

Custom Search

Pages : [1] 2

blazebusiness
09-14-2020, 04:19 PM
I would love to know what all the software switch settings do. Does anyone have a more or less definitive list of all the standard Konica Software switch meaning for Technician's quick reference? Depending on the model/service manual the switch info available is very meager.

To get this started see the 8 series switch settings below for example:

Konica Software Switch Settings (8 series)

12 Addition of Authentication Device
25 FW Version Function Setting
33 Renders some functions which were available when both administrator authentication and key counter were provided with when using the vendor , available only with admin authentication
49 Upper limit of copies that can be input through the control panel setting
51 Settings for Life warning/replace display of units
69 When printing using manual bypass in custom size allows for printing only with a print driver ------- settings
70 Alarm sound and screen display for communication errors due to CSRC causes
72 Import/Export function of the address book through usb memory
121 Operation when a double feed is detected when adf is used
124 Function to restrict the file type of TX fax
135 Setting for the ID length of the HID Prox card
143 Expansion setting of the touch panel sensitive area when web browser function is used
145 Switching to auto detection for paper size in manual bypass tray
146 Setting for enabling use of non image area erase ,centering, and original size when book original is used in fax/scan mode
151 Setting for displaying or hiding the near empty display time
152 The email body print settings of the email RX print
155 Validation/invalidation of the debug setting of the log
157 Low Power Mode Settings
163 Setting for the auto execution of self diagnosis (full)
192 Sets whether to enable Android or iOS function
203 Setting to automatically change login authorization to a second user when the second user
attempts card authentication after a first user has been authenticated through card authentication
206 Setting whether to enable coverage counter
227 Setting for the display of consumable level and warning (Operatino panel,PSWC,Fiery)
230 Setting for the display of consumable level and warning (PSES,MIB,PrintFleet,SiteAudit)

copier tech
09-14-2020, 09:05 PM
I would love to know what all the software switch settings do. Does anyone have a more or less definitive list of all the standard Konica Software switch meaning for Technician's quick reference? Depending on the model/service manual the switch info available is very meager.

To get this started see the 8 series switch settings below for example:

Konica Software Switch Settings (8 series)

33 Renders some functions which were available when both administrator authentication and key counter were provided with when using the vendor , available only with admin authentication
69 When printing using manual bypass in custom size allows for printing only with a print driver ------- settings
143 Expansion setting of the touch panel sensitive area when web browser function is used
146 Setting for enabling use of non image area erase ,centering, and original size when book original is used in fax/scan mode
203 Setting to automatically change login authorization to a second user when the second user
attempts card authentication after a first user has been authenticated through card authentication
227 Setting for the display of consumable level and warning (Operatino panel,PSWC,Fiery)
230 Setting for the display of consumable level and warning (PSES,MIB,PrintFleet,SiteAudit)

Good idea be nice if we can all chip in & fill in the blanks!

These are a few i've picked up.

71 Hide the colour copy option
159 HEX 08 Keeps SSD from going to sleep causing freezing issues.
172 HEX 05 Hide Marketplace app

progoffice
09-14-2020, 09:26 PM
Switch 10 Hex 2 will make a Generic (Muratec) a Konica. This is important when it comes to drivers picking up all device options, paper tray information and accepting authentication account track information if current "Generic" drivers aren't available. We sell both, but sometimes Muratec doesn't release drivers fast enough for equipment they offer. We just installed a Muratec C5595i and had to do this so we could use the Konica C550i drivers. Muratec hadn't released them yet.

Synaux
09-14-2020, 10:49 PM
A lot of the time I can get much more detailed information by searching through the All Active Solutions document(s). Search for HEX, DIP, software switch, etc.

Sadly, I do not have it for this model or I would have posted my findings (would be nice to have if someone is in a giving mood). :rolleyes:

blazebusiness
09-15-2020, 11:38 AM
A lot of the time I can get much more detailed information by searching through the All Active Solutions document(s). Search for HEX, DIP, software switch, etc.

Sadly, I do not have it for this model or I would have posted my findings (would be nice to have if someone is in a giving mood). :rolleyes:

It is my understanding that there is now no All Active Solutions for the current models. Konica has discontinued that and just relies on Tech bulletins and Knowledgebase.

If you ever need the older All Active Solutions stuff just PM me and I will be glad to send you a download link.

Thanks for the input guys..keep it coming and I will add it to the list..see updated list with your inputs below:

Konica Software Switch Settings

10 Hex 02 makes a generic (Muratec) a Konica important so drivers can pick up all device options
71 Hide color copy option
159 Hex 08 keeps SSD from going to sleep causing freezing issues
172 Hex 05 hide marketplace App

srvctec
09-15-2020, 09:14 PM
I thought it was 172 to 01 to remove Marketplace. At least that's what we've been doing after getting that info somewhere here on CTN.

blazebusiness
09-15-2020, 09:28 PM
I thought it was 172 to 01 to remove Marketplace. At least that's what we've been doing after getting that info somewhere here on CTN.

Just listing what information copier tech was nice enough to post. Perhaps he will clarify the info.

copier tech
09-15-2020, 09:35 PM
Just listing what information copier tech was nice enough to post. Perhaps he will clarify the info.

Yes so SW 172 HEX 05 is the default HEX 01 hides the Marketplace app.

blazebusiness
09-15-2020, 09:46 PM
Yes so SW 172 HEX 05 is the default HEX 01 hides the Marketplace app.

OK then---so the latest software switch updated list:

(and keep that new switch info coming guys!)

Konica Software Switch Settings :

10 Hex 02 makes a generic (Muratec) a Konica important so drivers can pick up all device options If you want to turn any Develop model into a Konica, you should put switch 10 into 02, not into 00.
50 ACS mode can be changed to limit the amount of time that the color IUs run. When the new mode is selected, the printer works as though doing monochrome printing without driving the color IUs.
73 Hex 01 - This setting should allow you to hold scan settings and to be able to use the same address without touching the OK button after every job
172 Hex 01 marketplace App is hidden ------Hex 05 is the default / marketplace App installed

Synaux
09-16-2020, 02:46 AM
It is my understanding that there is now no All Active Solutions for the current models. Konica has discontinued that and just relies on Tech bulletins and Knowledgebase.

Seriously?! Those documents have saved me so much time over the years. Not to mention the numerous times I stumbled across issues/fixes I would never have been aware of otherwise. This saddens me.

blazebusiness
09-16-2020, 03:01 AM
Seriously?! Those documents have saved me so much time over the years. Not to mention the numerous times I stumbled across issues/fixes I would never have been aware of otherwise. This saddens me.

I heard that it was discontinued from some other technicians and would love to be wrong about that. Could someone confirm all active solutions is still a thing on the newer models.

srvctec
09-16-2020, 03:18 AM
I heard that it was discontinued from some other technicians and would love to be wrong about that. Could someone confirm all active solutions is still a thing on the newer models.It was still a thing a couple months ago. They were getting updated nearly daily and I'd download all the new ones for all the current machines about once a month but it's been a couple months since I last did it. I'd much rather have a pdf file on my phone vs. having to try and get a signal in some of the small towns I go to with no cell service. I've been that way since the solutions pdf files started and probably won't change.

blazebusiness
09-16-2020, 03:36 AM
It was still a thing a couple months ago. They were getting updated nearly daily and I'd download all the new ones for all the current machines about once a month but it's been a couple months since I last did it. I'd much rather have a pdf file on my phone vs. having to try and get a signal in some of the small towns I go to with no cell service. I've been that way since the solutions pdf files started and probably won't change. Nice. That’s reassuring then.....can’t believe everything you hear from the rumour mill.

femaster
09-16-2020, 05:28 AM
I can confirm they are still going strong in the US anyway. Just looked up a random model from each of the series over the last few years, and found an All Solutions file for each model I looked up: C552, 232, C224e, C258, C659, and a C300i. All of them looked as if they had been updated within the last couple weeks, most were within the last week.

copier tech
06-24-2021, 08:06 AM
Can we keep this thread going!?

I need to know what HEX setting for SW10 is for Olivetti ?

copier tech
07-22-2021, 03:10 PM
Can we keep this thread going!?

I need to know what HEX setting for SW10 is for Olivetti ?

Anyone? :O)

blazebusiness
07-22-2021, 03:42 PM

Model number? 10 on Konicas depending on which bit switch - Hex 00 is probably to specify time zone settings and Hex 20 for how many fax reception rings before answering.

kingarthur
07-22-2021, 04:33 PM
I can confirm they are still going strong in the US anyway. Just looked up a random model from each of the series over the last few years, and found an All Solutions file for each model I looked up: C552, 232, C224e, C258, C659, and a C300i. All of them looked as if they had been updated within the last couple weeks, most were within the last week.

I haven't seen these in the UK for donkeys years, anyone know if they're still available here.....and whereabouts they are...

tsbservice
07-22-2021, 04:57 PM
I haven't seen these in the UK for donkeys years, anyone know if they're still available here.....and whereabouts they are...
Those are available in NA area, you should have MKM account not Infohub, Knova etc.

zeke
08-12-2021, 05:17 AM

If you ever need the older All Active Solutions stuff just PM me and I will be glad to send you a download link.

Thanks for the input guys..keep it coming and I will add it to the list..see updated list with your inputs below:

Konica Software Switch Settings

10 Hex 02 makes a generic (Muratec) a Konica important so drivers can pick up all device options
172 Hex 05 hide marketplace App

i never gave you this, here is a exert from the service Manuel for software switches and what they do (hopefully file attached)

Gaffers01
08-13-2021, 05:01 PM
Just had a second-hand C308, that every time I did anything in the Utility Mode I had to put the admin password in and after some digging came across this.

Password Protect The Utility Button

It is now possible to password protect the Utility Button on the Main Screen of the MFP.

This is useful in Multi User Environments to prevent unauthorised access to Utility, User Settings, Device Information, One Touch/ User Box Registration, Consumable Life, Banner Printing, Remote Panel Operation and so on.

With this set, the User will be prompted for a password when pressing the Utility Button - (The Password is the same as the Password used to access the Admin Mode).

Setting Procedure:

Access Tech Rep / System 2 / Software SW Setting:

Password protect access to Utility mode.
Software SW No.200 Hex 00 : Disabled (default)
Software SW No.200 Hex 20 : Enabled

This SW is available for the following models:

All A3 "E series" devices (Must be on latest Firmware and Function Version)
All A3 7 and 8 Series Devices

**Note - None e series devices are NOT supported**

Related Topic: Password protect the User Settings Menu
Should you wish to just protect the User Settings Menu, this can be done by setting SW 71 to Hex 08

rrrohan
08-14-2021, 02:23 AM
What's switch 219 hex 08 do?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

tmmdmmm
08-14-2021, 03:57 AM
What's switch 219 hex 08 do?

Is there even a hex 08? All I know of is 00/04

rrrohan
08-14-2021, 04:45 AM
KM support told me to use hex 08 for a fault but didnt say what it did. hex def goes past 04 consider function versions goes as far as B0

Synthohol
08-14-2021, 02:18 PM
Software SW No.219 0x00: SMB1.0/2.0 are available. (default)
Software SW No.219 0x04: Only SMB2.0 is available.
change ntlm to smb 2 as well.

hex 08 is not a valid option.

jotunn
08-14-2021, 11:17 PM
Software SW No.219 0x08: Support for DHCP option 81

DHCP option 81: Client Fully Qualified Domain Name – this option allows to perform automatic update of the DNS records associated to the client, mainly the A and PTR. In the option we can specify whether the client or the server will update the records and the FQDN associated to the client. It is defined in the RFC4702 (https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4702)

rrrohan
08-15-2021, 10:51 AM
Ok thanks, yes it's a DNS issue regarding email only working on IP not hostname so the advise makes sense

Synthohol
08-15-2021, 03:02 PM
Software SW No.219 0x08: Support for DHCP option 81

DHCP option 81: Client Fully Qualified Domain Name – this option allows to perform automatic update of the DNS records associated to the client, mainly the A and PTR. In the option we can specify whether the client or the server will update the records and the FQDN associated to the client. It is defined in the RFC4702 (https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4702)

where did you find that info?
in a bulletin? i hate giving incomplete advice when i dont have/know all the sources of info.

jotunn
08-15-2021, 05:02 PM
in a bulletin? i hate giving incomplete advice when i dont have/know all the sources of info.

PM

blackcat4866
08-15-2021, 05:25 PM
Since I like my data in of Excel spreadsheets, I've gathered this information into a searchable .xlsx file ... if anyone is interested in the file. =^..^=

rrrohan
08-16-2021, 04:57 AM
Since I like my data in of Excel spreadsheets, I've gathered this information into a searchable .xlsx file ... if anyone is interested in the file. =^..^=

i feel like some more advanced software switches arent made easily known because unless you understand what they do you could make things worse.

I had to get my IT guy to explain what switch 219 was going to do and as it turns out wouldnt of helped in my case anyway

tulintron
08-16-2021, 01:58 PM
in a bulletin? i hate giving incomplete advice when i dont have/know all the sources of info.Ha ha ha ha.Jotunn helped me a few times.
He has some cards up his sleeve.

D Colour
08-16-2021, 05:02 PM

Bit late to the party with this:

I know its not the 8 series but:

We have an old Olivetti D Colour MF452 Plus here and its equivalent Bizhub C454e

Olivetti is set to 00, Konica is 02. Guess it is just under generic like Muratec as progoffice said.

tulintron
08-18-2021, 08:15 PM
Have any of you already used the tool
"Software_SW_Setting_Checking_Tool_v1"?

There it seems to have all the functions of the sw software keys.

tsbservice
08-18-2021, 08:27 PM
Have any of you already used the tool
"Software_SW_Setting_Checking_Tool_v1"?

There it seems to have all the functions of the sw software keys.

True this is very helpful to compare if some soft switches are modified from default values.
The question is what non service manual listed switches do. Very complex question though, it heavily depends on machine model, function version and firmware level.

JAGonzalez
05-06-2022, 09:22 AM
Good idea be nice if we can all chip in & fill in the blanks!

These are a few i've picked up.

71 Hide the colour copy option
159 HEX 08 Keeps SSD from going to sleep causing freezing issues.
172 HEX 05 Hide Marketplace app

Hi coleage
which value must be for 71 Hide the colour copy option?

Thanks a lot

kopirky.org
09-13-2022, 01:41 PM
SW 153
- HEX 40 old color reproduction
- HEX 00 new color reproduction (default)

allan
09-13-2022, 05:50 PM
55 is no stop option HEX 0C?
127 show consumable life HEX 00?

Can someone confirm?

kopirky.org
09-13-2022, 05:55 PM
55 is no stop option HEX 0C?
Yes. I use 51:F0 (drum, developing) and 55:0C (fuser, belt).

Yes. It is disabled by default on C227 127:04. You can also enable/disable showing life in the service mode - unit change.

Brett GS
09-13-2022, 07:17 PM
Hi Blackcat

I would like to get it from you if offer still stands
I like keeping any helpful info at hand.

tsbservice
09-13-2022, 08:32 PM

Can someone confirm?

It's maybe typo but soft switch is 227.

allan
09-13-2022, 09:00 PM
It's maybe typo but soft switch is 227.

Thanks yes my bad.

zayonc
09-14-2022, 05:13 PM
"050 - ACS mode can be changed to limit the amount of time that the color IUs run. When the new mode is selected, the printer works as though doing monochrome printing without driving the color IUs."

What should be the value?

allan
09-14-2022, 11:54 PM
"050 - ACS mode can be changed to limit the amount of time that the color IUs run. When the new mode is selected, the printer works as though doing monochrome printing without driving the color IUs."

What should be the value?

How is life in Kharkiv? Hope all is well.

First there is Engine firmware dipSW 25 that is OFF for production priority and ON for parts life priority. In the OFF state the primary transfer rollers never retracts* for ACS copy or Auto Color for print if the job is mixed B\W and color. In the ON state it will retract if a given number of consecutive B/W pages was detected but only after the second set for copy mode. It needs to get the histogram data from the first set but it does not wait and starts printing immediately without knowing if the pages in the first set are B/W or color.

ACS needs 4 or more consecutive B/W pages to switch to K rotation only and always starts in CMYK rotation for the first 3 pages regardless if they where B/W. Base on 45ppm.

SW 50 HEX00 : Production priority (less print interruption)
SW 50 HEX01 : Parts life priority (more print interruption)

So Engine firmware dipSW 25 to ON and SW 50 HEX01. The machine will be slower with interruptions in the print job.

The machine is default set to Engine firmware dipSW 25 to OFF and SW50 does not seem to apply?!

rrrohan
09-15-2022, 07:55 AM
Disable users from changing trays paper type
software switch 245 to 02

copier tech
10-17-2022, 10:03 PM

Thanks, this is another good one to add to the list I needed it just last week.

Reed
10-18-2022, 04:08 AM
Switch 10 Hex 2 will make a Generic (Muratec) a Konica. This is important when it comes to drivers picking up all device options, paper tray information and accepting authentication account track information if current "Generic" drivers aren't available. We sell both, but sometimes Muratec doesn't release drivers fast enough for equipment they offer. We just installed a Muratec C5595i and had to do this so we could use the Konica C550i drivers. Muratec hadn't released them yet.

If you do this be aware that the IP address may change. I have done this several times on a machine that has been installed and each time the IP address changed to DHCP. I had to go into the network and manually enter the correct IP address

tmmdmmm
10-19-2022, 01:30 AM

You waited until after I left the industry to post this one?!?!?!?!

rrrohan
10-19-2022, 08:56 AM
You waited until after I left the industry to post this one?!?!?!?!

when you quit the beacons were lit and i knew it was time to announce it

strider5555
10-19-2022, 07:51 PM
Here is another one to add. Software SW 24 Hex 01, prevents machine from printing a blank page on custom PCL print job because of a form feed command. Works on everything from C220\C452 series up to I series.

Custom Search