PDA

View Full Version : Konica 654e prints about 15 pages then says error detected, deletes job

Custom Search

blazebusiness
09-15-2020, 09:00 PM
About to go out to a customer that says he gets about 15 pages or less printed on his BH 654e , then error detected , job auto deletes. Sometimes accompanied supposedly by a grinding noise. No error code on display.

tsbservice
09-15-2020, 09:12 PM
Wish I could but...hard to say anything without more information. Will need your assistance on site.
Just check usual stuff, error history, etc.

Good luck

srvctec
09-15-2020, 09:58 PM
I'd be willing to bet that it's the waste box and Service mode>System 2>Page 2>Internal Error Auto Cancel has both set to yes. Turn off B and you'll see the waste box code. Alternatively, look in the counters to see the codes but I'd still turn off B so the codes will show instead of the machine trying to fix itself without displaying codes.

blackcat4866
09-15-2020, 10:00 PM
Turn OFF the level 2 and level 3 function that automatically clears errors when "An internal error has occurred ...". Then you can see the error. =^..^=

drowranger
09-15-2020, 11:43 PM
Seen something similar on a c759 . please check if the rip print jobs on HDD is turned on at Utility >user settings > Printer settings .

blazebusiness
09-16-2020, 12:18 AM
I'd be willing to bet that it's the waste box and Service mode>System 2>Page 2>Internal Error Auto Cancel has both set to yes. Turn off B and you'll see the waste box code. Alternatively, look in the counters to see the codes but I'd still turn off B so the codes will show instead of the machine trying to fix itself without displaying codes.

Great guess predicting it was the waste box srvtec............... impressive. So what I found when we got there was a 2204 code(waste toner motor failure to turn) in error history. The waste box filled to the extreme but a clog curiously blocked the toner from filling that clear plastic window at the rear of the box--- so no replace waste box message was ever displayed.

And of course you and blackcat were correct about the service mode settings auto cancelling the error. Thanks to all for the responses.

blackcat4866
09-16-2020, 07:00 PM
Congratulations on your success. For the record, my guess would have been C2557. =^..^=

Custom Search