PDA

View Full Version : DF-701 and DF-621 maint kits

Custom Search

blazebusiness
09-16-2020, 01:30 AM
The adf maint kits are the same for the newer DF-701 (4 series) and the older DF-621 (223 series) feeders with the exception of the separation roller assembly.

DF-701 Doc Feeder (ADF) Separation Roller Assembly - 200K Konica Minolta Part# A3CFPP4H00
DF-621 Doc Feeder Separation Roller Assembly - 200K Konica Minolta Part# A143PP0100

Just pulled both sep roller assemblies off our stock shelf and they appear identical down to the very smallest detail. The only difference is the older 223 series assembly costs us 1/2 the price of the 4 series assembly.

Guess we will be using the apparently identical cheaper DF-621 part in the future if nobody here advises us against using it.

copyman
09-16-2020, 02:01 AM
The adf maint kits are the same for the newer DF-701 (4 series) and the older DF-621 (223 series) feeders with the exception of the separation roller assembly.

DF-701 Doc Feeder (ADF) Separation Roller Assembly - 200K Konica Minolta Part# A3CFPP4H00
DF-621 Doc Feeder Separation Roller Assembly - 200K Konica Minolta Part# A143PP0100

Just pulled both sep roller assemblies off our stock shelf and they appear identical down to the very smallest detail. The only difference is the older 223 series assembly costs us 1/2 the price of the 4 series assembly.

Guess we will be using the apparently identical cheaper DF-621 part in the future if nobody here advises us against using it.

They are interchangable. I've used the 223 ADF roller assembly in the DF-624 & DF-701. You are correct, only the sep assembly is different.

blazebusiness
09-16-2020, 02:23 AM
They are interchangable. I've used the 223 ADF roller assembly in the DF-624 & DF-701. You are correct, only the sep assembly is different.

I guess what I was trying to say was that the separation assemblies are not different at all. Different part numbers but identical down to the smallest detail. Have you used the sep assembly in the 223 kit in the 4 series adf’s?

I just installed a 223 adf sep assembly one a moment ago in a 224e adf and fits perfect. Looks like the exact same oem unit. And costs half as much.

copyman
09-16-2020, 02:51 AM
I guess what I was trying to say was that the separation assemblies are not different at all. Different part numbers but identical down to the smallest detail. Have you used the sep assembly in the 223 kit in the 4 series adf’s?

I just installed a 223 adf sep assembly one a moment ago in a 224e adf and fits perfect. Looks like the exact same oem unit. And costs half as much.

If not mistaken the Biz 223 (Df-621) sep roller shaft is plastic and why I don't use it in DF-624 & DF-701.

blazebusiness
09-16-2020, 03:05 AM
If not mistaken the Biz 223 (Df-621) sep roller shaft is plastic and why I don't use it in DF-624 & DF-701.

That would explain the difference then.....thanks.

femaster
09-16-2020, 04:56 AM
We just use the standard feed tires for everything, including the ADF DFP tires. Granted the standard tires wear a bit faster than the harder ADF DFP tires found on some of the newer models, they aren't nearly as expensive either. This cuts down on the number of different parts we have to carry in our vans.

Simple as sliding a very small flat blade screwdriver between the worn out DFP tire and the plastic shaft, then using a small pair of side cutters to cut the old tire off the DFP tire core. Grab a new standard feed tire, stick that small flat blade screwdriver between the new tire and plastic core, dump in a little alcohol on the hole wear the screwdriver is, then slide the screwdriver around the plastic core to coat the whole thing in alcohol. Pull out the screwdriver and slide the new tire off the regular, then immediately slide it onto the old DFP tire shaft. Install the "new" DFP tire and be on your way. After you've done it a few times, doesn't take any time at all.

Hansoon
09-16-2020, 05:40 AM
Simple as sliding a very small flat blade screwdriver between the worn out DFP tire and the plastic shaft, then using a small pair of side cutters to cut the old tire off the DFP tire core. Grab a new standard feed tire, stick that small flat blade screwdriver between the new tire and plastic core, dump in a little alcohol on the hole wear the screwdriver is, then slide the screwdriver around the plastic core to coat the whole thing in alcohol. Pull out the screwdriver and slide the new tire off the regular, then immediately slide it onto the old DFP tire shaft. Install the "new" DFP tire and be on your way. After you've done it a few times, doesn't take any time at all.

That's exactly I am doing since years. Only do I not use alcohol but Windex. Not in the field but in the workshop we use instead of the screwdriver compressed air to loosen the new tire from the shaft.

Hans

Synaux
09-16-2020, 07:44 AM
That's exactly I am doing since years. Only do I not use alcohol but Windex. Not in the field but in the workshop we use instead of the screwdriver compressed air to loosen the new tire from the shaft.

Hans

I just use my fingers and insert dry... :rolleyes:

Just ordered 50x of the ribbed rollers. We/I will see.

tsbservice
12-10-2020, 02:24 PM

To lift up a bit this thread. Anybody tried to use Biz 223 (Df-621) sep roller(plastic shaft) with metal shaft from exchanged sep assembly?

allan
12-10-2020, 03:07 PM
Been using saliva to lube it... Not worth the risk getting busted for that.
Diluted dish washing liquid should work a charm.

Tearing the old roller off is the way i have been getting them off.
I just make sure to reinstall them in the same orientation as the old one. Don't know if they are directional, don't think so.

Katun had these green fongkong replacement rollers. They were super crappy and did not work.
Now its a red color roller at less than half the price of the original and these do work.
They surprised me when they delivered a real good yield. 120K to 200k doable and they wear smoothly without jitter marks on the separation roller.

CP-1015
12-10-2020, 04:26 PM
By the green Katun roller somethimes the green rubber and the black part are somethimes not perfekt glued.

tsbservice
12-10-2020, 06:07 PM
This DF-621 OEM Doc Feeder Separation Roller Assembly is dirt cheap here so I'm not interested in aftermarket products. Plus torque limiter is often failing causing flat spots so sometimes to change only tyre isn't worth.

srvctec
12-11-2020, 03:55 PM
To lift up a bit this thread. Anybody tried to use Biz 223 (Df-621) sep roller(plastic shaft) with metal shaft from exchanged sep assembly?

I've actually swapped the whole sep assy from a 223 series and put it on a 4e series and it worked fine. I swapped it back out once the rollers were worn out- worked fine the whole time, even though they are made a little differently. At the time, we were rebuilding the sep assys and keeping them in our van stock so I just put it in not realizing they were different.

tsbservice
12-11-2020, 04:46 PM
I've actually swapped the whole sep assy from a 223 series and put it on a 4e series and it worked fine. I swapped it back out once the rollers were worn out- worked fine the whole time, even though they are made a little differently. At the time, we were rebuilding the sep assys and keeping them in our van stock so I just put it in not realizing they were different.

Thanks for replying srvctec. I ordered one and will make our office C250i test 🐖
I wish we had dual scan DF that will really put some more pressure on that roller but few thousand scans are good to start with.

Custom Search