PDA

View Full Version : DI650 doc feed jams

Custom Search

fixthecopier
11-07-2008, 02:18 AM
I must be slipping. I should know this but cannot remember. The EDH will pull the sheet up to the separation point, on top of the sensor and stop. once in a while it will pull one through but right now it is stopping 99 times out of 100. The corner of the lid was cracked, so I replaced it with one that still had the rollers in it. I also changed the sensor and the motor that drives the system. I am sure I am overlooking something simple. Any ideas?

turkeyfoot
11-07-2008, 02:38 AM
No particular knowledge on this machine. The sensor has to work to activate the next roller pair in the path. Or a clutch may not be turning. Or there might be a burr in the paper path. Take a heavier stock and determine if it can pass "any" paper at all consistently. If so then it not electronics.

fixthecopier
11-07-2008, 02:46 AM
It cannot pass any. Everything that moves the paper to that point has been changed.

turkeyfoot
11-07-2008, 02:58 AM
I've seen funny things happen with copiers near heavy sunlight sources but mostly on the glass. Skitsoid sensors.

But it sounds like the prob is AFTER the sensor. The timing is set up so the sensor advances the moving parts after it. In my world anyway.

Good luck!

WaveyDavey
11-07-2008, 09:22 AM
we have had similar issue caused by the wiring loom from the main engine to the DF. is the plastic tube that houses the cable cracked and broken?

fixthecopier
11-07-2008, 10:53 AM
I have not checked that yet. I guess I can make another trip to look at it, I got nothing to loose.

minimerlin
11-07-2008, 09:23 PM
I recently had this very problem..it is the little micro switch at the front of the take up area..the one that tells copier the adf cover is closed, it goes bad! Fit new one or ink out to test...good luck!

fixthecopier
11-07-2008, 10:50 PM
OK now that sounds like what I was looking for. That corner of the cover was broke off and another tech had rigged it, and possibly broke it.. I would have assumed that it would show the cover open if that switch was bad, is that not the case?

rocky246
11-08-2008, 12:34 AM
I had the same problem. The EDH would jam and come up with a code of 62-02 (I think that was it), the service manual leads you to the cover being open during the job. I didn't have to replace the switch. I just had to adjust the actuator. Clear the jam counter in service mode and recheck jam counter after you run test to see what code is recorded. Good luck!

fixthecopier
11-13-2008, 05:27 PM
I changed the switch and check the actuator, I am still stuck

turkeyfoot
11-13-2008, 06:22 PM
Doesnt the m/c have any diagnostics for sensors switches clutchs so you can verify if they work rather than swap and press start? R u sure the parts going in are good?

minimerlin
11-13-2008, 10:17 PM
The only other possibility I can think of is the one way bearings are slipping...there are two at the rear of the adf take up. Hope you get this bug fixed!

rocky246
11-13-2008, 11:25 PM
Is there a jam code? The only other problems I've had involve gears. To the right of the DF roller is a metal plate that has three gears under it. These get dirty and cause jams, but there is usually alot of noise with this. Also one of those gears gets its drive from the back. It is a funny gear. It's like a drive dog. I've had this cause problems also. It didn't look bad, but I replaced it and no more jams. I've also had the gear that lifts the metal plate go bad. It is located in the back of the EDH. It has a bracket with two screws and an E-clip on it. The gear is held to the shaft with a little hook that is part of the gear. This hook wears down and the gear slides away from a drive dog and the drive is lost. The drive dog is black and has a drive pin, so be careful if you remove it. Dirty sensors and feed rollers are the only other problems i"ve had.

copy shop
11-14-2008, 09:27 PM
Open the Lid of the ADF; you will see the black section there with the green color square on it and the rollers beside each other and 1 by itself,Take out the ONLY 2 screw you can see. Lift that section up and back out of the way. When I do them, I actually take the whole thing apart and out of the the copier.

Your gears like in the photo that I have added, (dirty-gears) more than likely has a staple stuck in there and also grease with dirt accumulation.

If you do not know how to remove this whole device from the copier , just use a SMALL standard screw driver tip to sort of slice through each gear section to just push the dirt etc out of the grooves, and then just blow it all out with air compressor or suck out with vacum. Then put it back together. It should be fine....Hopefully.

fixthecopier
11-14-2008, 10:58 PM
Thanks for the replies, and the pic. That picture reminded me that about 6 years ago I had a staple in that place. I have had that part opened, but I wasn't looking for the staple. Good Tip. I will go back Monday to check for a staple and those gears on back. Thanks, I'll let you know how it goes.

copy shop
11-14-2008, 11:17 PM
OK, if that area is NOT the problem area, there are a few other areas in the adf section that could be look at; but we will wait and see what happens.

Thanks for the reply back

Tammy

Custom Search