PDA

View Full Version : Ecosys M5526cdn

Custom Search

Max
09-20-2020, 10:07 PM
We have quite a few of those desktop devices (Olivetti branded MF 2624) and I would say more than 50% of them have belt cleaning belt augers clogged up and seize up, rounding off the flat spot on drive gear and auger shaft. Replacing belts is getting quite expensive and no information regarding any modifications on technical portal. Are new belts modified in any way? Toner is insanely expensive too. Firmware is up to date.

bsm2
09-20-2020, 10:35 PM
We have quite a few of those desktop devices (Olivetti branded MF 2624) and I would say more than 50% of them have belt cleaning belt augers clogged up and seize up, rounding off the flat spot on drive gear and auger shaft. Replacing belts is getting quite expensive and no information regarding any modifications on technical portal. Are new belts modified in any way? Toner is insanely expensive too. Firmware is up to date.

If the part number ends in a zero no changes.

If it ends in 1 or 2 etc... part has been changed.

check and see if new firmware is available

If they really screwed it up will be a completely different part number

Ropariva
09-21-2020, 04:29 AM
Most I’ve seen have been using generic toner and the clumping of the toner has been blamed as the cause of this breakage. The part has been changed to reflect a change in the “lump breaking” spring in the primary transfer unit.
I’ve not had a machine repeat this problem since the part change.

KYO_OEM
09-21-2020, 10:05 AM
@Max
have heard from Olivetti Brand technician that he is missing bulletins from Olivetti. (published a few month later or completely no publishing)
This was the reason why he always asked me....
Since d-COLOR MF2624/ SN:VWS9802161, modified belts would mounted from factory!
From my technical point of view we have less 1,0% problems since modification for adding toner, all new problems mostly related to operation enviroment and non genuine toner usage.
All our sales men and dealers are happy with this range.

Max
09-21-2020, 01:47 PM
Great news. Thank you all.

Custom Search