PDA

View Full Version : Looking at selling Konica Minolta.

Custom Search

Pages : [1] 2

kyotechnz
09-20-2020, 10:17 PM
What are the good and bad things to look forward to if we sell Konica Minolta?

Have been supplied a Bizhub C300i to look at, looks like a Samsung copier but with different panels and UI.
Does not look too bad to work on.
Would be good if we had another brand to push.

Phil B.
09-20-2020, 10:24 PM
1) How many KM dealerships are close to you?

2) What models are you looking at carrying?

3) Do you have the money to train a tech(s)?

4) What is your market base mainly made of?

5) What brand do you carry now?

6) Have you looked at the repair forum for this brand?

blackcat4866
09-20-2020, 11:57 PM
Image quality is very stable. The latest models with charge rollers, drums yield exactly what they say or slightly less.

Boards and firmware can be quirky, like all KM. =^..^=

qbert69
09-21-2020, 12:15 AM

Have been supplied a Bizhub C300i to look at, looks like a Samsung copier but with different panels and UI.
Would be good if we had another brand to push.I consider Konica-Minolta boxes to be a top tier product in terms of quality and serviceability. I take it you are coming from kyocera background?[emoji848] I'm trained on kyocera boxes but the thing that annoys me about kyocera is that when you need to buy a color maintenance kit, you get ripped a new asshole as the kits cost $$$!!! The drums (amorphous silicon) are "supposed" to last 600k but the main charge rollers don't!!!...they have to be replaced every 100-120k...YMMV!!! With the Konica-Minolta boxes, drum and dev units can be replaced individually as needed so you're not dumping a wad of cash...service mode can be set so there is no hard cutoff at end of yield...some components will last over the stated yield!!! On the Konica-Minolta boxes, there is no rebuilding of components until you get up into the production boxes. Just my two cents worth!!![emoji41][emoji1303]

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

copyman
09-21-2020, 01:41 AM

Good choice. Right at the top with Canon in most segments.

You will make a lot of money on contracts because there are very little service calls, plus drums, dev units, etc go way beyond their life.

Best of luck if you decide to add K/M to your line.

rrrohan
09-21-2020, 04:54 AM
Sort of similar to samsuck

Same finishers
Similar engine

KM panels can't be customised nearly as much but so much more responsive.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

blazebusiness
09-21-2020, 04:05 PM

Konica by far is my favorite brand to sell and service. Have had much more luck keeping customers happy when they have this brand.

Usual complaints I have with the C300i series - newly Konica released machines are a little buggy from the beginning until Konica issues firmware changes to address whatever instability happens to be the issue with a new series. After a model has been on the market for about a year the firmware issues are usually mostly solved and machines are then very reliable.

And- C300i series ---it seems each generation comes with a much higher cost for toner (with few exceptions). But almost all the manufacturers are shamelessly doing that with toner prices ----

Because of that high toner cost , many opt to use compatibles. (Bad idea on Konica color copiers)

Do not use generic toner in a Color Konica copier and change the consumables on time and they do really really fine. And they have great stable image quality. The C300i series feeders are nice and quiet and security is improved and anti virus is standard.

My tastes are evolving. Canon used to be my favorite for years and then Ricoh for a while but Konica's have really surpassed them in overall quality and performance and price.

(Way off topic but - God, almost sounds like my dietary evolution)
Standard American Diet--- Ok tried Mediteranean diet , Pritikin diet, Ovo Lacto Vegitarian , Vegan diet , Adkins , then Paleo ,Keto , Gluten free ,Walter Kempners Rice diet , Intermittant fasting (OMAD) , 80/10/10.............

Currently a huge Ray Peat diet fan (Orange Juice,Milk,Oysters,Beef,Aspirin,Thyroid).

Anyway...Konica? Not just yes but Hell yes.

BillyCarpenter
09-21-2020, 05:12 PM
Y'all are making me jealous of the Konicas. I many have to look into this.

BillyCarpenter
09-21-2020, 05:17 PM
(Way off topic but - God, almost sounds like my dietary evolution)
Standard American Diet--- Ok tried Mediteranean diet , Pritikin diet, Ovo Lacto Vegitarian , Vegan diet , Adkins , then Paleo ,Keto , Gluten free ,Walter Kempners Rice diet , Intermittant fasting (OMAD) , 80/10/10.............

Currently a huge Ray Peat diet fan (Orange Juice,Milk,Oysters,Beef,Aspirin,Thyroid).

Anyway...Konica? Not just yes but Hell yes.

I've been doing intermittent fasting for 2-years. I only eat one meal per day. I also jog 3-5 per day with 1 day off. I lift weights also. I'm all about it.

blazebusiness
09-21-2020, 05:25 PM
I've been doing intermittent fasting for 2-years. I only eat one meal per day. I also jog 3-5 per day with 1 day off. I lift weights also. I'm all about it.

Yes, OMAD certainly has some real benefits for many. I would only run if someone were chasing me.................

You really should check out Ray Peat also. He's a super old genius biologist dude. It's fascinating listening to him talk (though his voice can be weak and hard to hear) He has been alive and saw most diet strategies as they first occurred years ago. You won't get a better historical view of diet or medicine than from him.

BillyCarpenter
09-21-2020, 05:29 PM
Yes, OMAD certainly has some real benefits for many. I would only run if someone were chasing me.................

You really should check out Ray Peat also.

I'll look into it. I've been into living a healthy lifestyle for 20+ years. I've tried a lot of diet plans. Most low carb. It's by far the toughet thing I've ever done. It requires a lot of discipline. While exercise is not easy, I find it not as hard as diet.

I mean, I can run 3 miles but if I eat a Big Mac, I may as well have not run at all.

blazebusiness
09-21-2020, 05:34 PM
I'll look into it. I've been into living a healthy lifestyle for 20+ years. I've tried a lot of diet plans. Most low carb. It's by far the toughet thing I've ever done. It requires a lot of discipline. While exercise is not easy, I find it not as hard as diet.

I mean, I can run 3 miles but if I eat a Big Mac, I may as well have not run at all.

LOL.......any effort you can make that lets you physically and mentally have the power to live your life to the fullest and be happy is a great investment. I hate to see anyone suffer. If I had the power to give one thing to others , it would be great mental physical and spiritual health

But we are kind of hijacking the thread.......hope nobody minds.

MarioTech
09-21-2020, 08:31 PM

I'm glad you are looking into KM's, I suggest you work on a business plan based on Phil's questions posted on the forum as I know their quota can be challenging depending on the structure of your business. I personally had a few bad experiences with KM's, and basically related with power problems at clients locations that messed up HDD and main board. Not to get into more details or scare you which is not my intention here, I experienced on those cases that for some reason a HDD failure took down the main boards which costed me a loaner at each location as I had to send the EEPROMs to be reprogrammed at KM office. On the other hand, most of the units I have in the field haven't called for service in months probably 7 months on the ones I don't have a contract on, those I call to check in and see if they need me out there for a cleaning. Like the guys added down on here, consumables last longer than what factory states on SM, these are work horses! Last unit I sold in January was a C759 and so far I only shipped a set of toners and with covid they don't need me there. The production units are just incredible, they have unique products like the Jet Varnish that actually stamps metallic paper on card stock, really great and unique products. Good luck with your plans!

qbert69
09-22-2020, 07:14 AM
I'm glad you are looking into KM's, I suggest you work on a business plan based on Phil's questions posted on the forum as I know their quota can be challenging depending on the structure of your business. I personally had a few bad experiences with KM's, and basically related with power problems at clients locations that messed up HDD and main board. Not to get into more details or scare you which is not my intention here, I experienced on those cases that for some reason a HDD failure took down the main boards which costed me a loaner at each location as I had to send the EEPROMs to be reprogrammed at KM office. On the other hand, most of the units I have in the field haven't called for service in months probably 7 months on the ones I don't have a contract on, those I call to check in and see if they need me out there for a cleaning. Like the guys added down on here, consumables last longer than what factory states on SM, these are work horses! Last unit I sold in January was a C759 and so far I only shipped a set of toners and with covid they don't need me there. The production units are just incredible, they have unique products like the Jet Varnish that actually stamps metallic paper on card stock, really great and unique products. Good luck with your plans!Regarding your "power issues" with the KM's, did you have them attached to line power conditioners/surge protectors? Sometimes if the power goes out and immediately comes back on, there will be a voltage spike!!! Additionally the HDD may not have the read heads parked so that could cause them to crash the drive.[emoji848]

Gab
09-22-2020, 08:27 AM
lot of benefits. From kyocera , drums etc last as they say. From Ricoh much much better .
And if you want you can use compatible drums and toner with no problems

Gift
09-22-2020, 09:09 AM

Speaking of reliability I think the current Konica A4/A3 midrange Series is somewhat disappointing built- and software-wise compared to
the previous Cxx4 and Cxx8 generations. We also sell Ricoh and their machines does generate way less calls and frustration since years so they are a better choice in the midrange segement service-wise.

The only thing I'm not a fan of are Ricoh's b/w a3 midrange systems - I prefer the KM print engine concept (basicly a color mfp print engine with just a BK drum).

Of yourse every brand has it's up and downs like Ricoh had with the Aficio 1224 Series ages ago but I guess this topic isn't about the past or future.

3ktlc
09-22-2020, 02:14 PM
We switched to Ricoh 2 years ago. I worked on Konica's since 1985.Back when the were Royal. Since Konica and Minolta merged, they seemed to get less reliable with each generation. The new Ricohs have been great out of the box. Can't comment on the production units. Haven't sold any of those yet. The a4 machines have been much more reliable than the KM's. The midrange color units have had no problems.

SalesServiceGuy
09-22-2020, 04:34 PM
I would recommend you look at the Toshiba line but since there is already a Toshiba dealer in Christchurch, NZ plus Toshiba Tec Australia Direct your chances of getting the product line are probably not good.

BillyCarpenter
09-22-2020, 04:40 PM
I would recommend you look at the Toshiba line but since there is already a Toshiba dealer in Christchurch, NZ plus Toshiba Tec Australia Direct your chances of getting the product line are probably not good.

That all depends on if the existing dealer in that area is making their quota. If not, they'll yank that dealership license in a heartbeat.

SalesServiceGuy
09-22-2020, 06:02 PM
That all depends on if the existing dealer in that area is making their quota. If not, they'll yank that dealership license in a heartbeat.

If Toshiba needed another dealer, they likely would have already reached out. Sales objectives are reviewed every quarter.

In my 20+ years with Toshiba, dealerships are never terminated over sales quota.

BillyCarpenter
09-22-2020, 06:09 PM
If Toshiba needed another dealer, they likely would have already reached out. Sales objectives are reviewed every quarter.

Know how I got a Kyocera dealership back in the day? I called Kyocera and told them I wanted to be a dealer. After much conversation I was told they had a dealer in the area but they weren't growing as fast as hoped. After a few more months, a Kyocera rep came to my office and we talked at great length. A few months after that, I was the new Kyocera dealer.

Moral of the story: Be proactive, not reactive.

SalesServiceGuy
09-22-2020, 06:17 PM
Know how I got a Kyocera dealership back in the day? I called Kyocera and told them I wanted to be a dealer. After much conversation I was told they had a dealer in the area but they weren't growing as fast as hoped. After a few more months, a Kyocera rep came to my office and we talked at great length. A few months after that, I was the new Kyocera dealer.

Moral of the story: Be proactive, not reactive.

I am sure it works sometimes. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Good luck to this dealer in their pursuit of another product line. Their current supplier does not seem to be meeting all of their business objectives. Sales are definitely hard down for all print vendors for the foreseeable future due to COVID-19.

BillyCarpenter
09-22-2020, 06:20 PM
I am sure it works sometimes. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Good luck to this dealer in their pursuit of another product line. Their current supplier does not seem to be meeting all of their business objectives. Sales are definitely hard down for all print vendors for the foreseeable future due to COVID-19.

Sales have been tough the last 6 months or so due to Covid, but things are getting close to normal in my area....except for churches. A lot of church members are elderly and attendance is WAY down.

mga
09-22-2020, 07:14 PM
For me ricoh all day long great support backup in the uk long life parts if oem used 2nd place is Canon 3rd Kyocera 4th Konica & sharp

blazebusiness
09-22-2020, 07:27 PM
For me ricoh all day long great support backup in the uk long life parts if oem used 2nd place is Canon 3rd Kyocera 4th Konica & sharp

Konica put almost the same as Sharp? ............Wow. Just wow. (mouth hanging open) I guess we do all see the world differently. My order of rating the brand names:

1. Konica
2. Ricoh (you are right , great solid copiers and manufacturer support and website. My issue is with the sorters -disgusting thin flimsy sheet metal /cheaply made finishers/accessories)
3. Canon
4. Sharp (just the B&W equipment which are very solid)
5. Kyocera---used to be great. Now, not so much , some models are ok , color drums and color dv's way overpriced.
6. Samsung - a complete fail

3ktlc
09-22-2020, 09:11 PM
The KM C3851fs is a flimsy finisher. Plus a pain to work on. Just had to diagnose a broken wire harness. Had to disassemble the whole thing. What a POS.

allan
09-22-2020, 11:38 PM
Working on most brands in the past i like Koinica Minolta the best.
No good A4/Letter options in the range and Kyocera fills those gaps nicely.

So if i had a choice in selling machines it would be KM for A3 and Kyo for desktop.

MarioTech
09-22-2020, 11:48 PM
Regarding your "power issues" with the KM's, did you have them attached to line power conditioners/surge protectors? Sometimes if the power goes out and immediately comes back on, there will be a voltage spike!!! Additionally the HDD may not have the read heads parked so that could cause them to crash the drive.[emoji848]

Correct always had the 15 or 20 amps ESP surge protectors, never installed a single unit without one of those. I agree with you in regards the HDD, but the Main board was a bit of a problem as just by replacing the drive the unit was not coming back,

BillyCarpenter
09-23-2020, 01:10 AM
Konica put almost the same as Sharp? ............Wow. Just wow. (mouth hanging open) I guess we do all see the world differently. My order of rating the brand names:

1. Konica
2. Ricoh (you are right , great solid copiers and manufacturer support and website. My issue is with the sorters -disgusting thin flimsy sheet metal /cheaply made finishers/accessories)
3. Canon
4. Sharp (just the B&W equipment which are very solid)
5. Kyocera---used to be great. Now, not so much , some models are ok , color drums and color dv's way overpriced.
6. Samsung - a complete fail

I'd be interested to know how many copies between service calls you're getting for each of those brands/models.

In my experience (and I include myself) copier techs tend to lean towards the machines that they're most familiar with. In other words, if a tech spends 75% of their time working on Kyocera, they'll be way more familiar with those and can make quick work of any repair job. On the other hand, if they're not that familiar with another brand, everything seems just a little bit harder to repair.

BillyCarpenter
09-23-2020, 01:26 AM
For what it's worth, Canon won BLI's copier line of the year:

Canon Claims BLI 2020 Copier MFP Line of the Year Award from Keypoint Intelligence

01/08/2020

Fairfield, NJ – Keypoint Intelligence - Buyers Laboratory (BLI), the world’s leading independent evaluator of document imaging hardware, software, and services, today announced that Canon has won BLI’s coveted 2020 Copier MFP Line of the Year award (http://www.buyerslab.com/bliQ/Search/SearchMedia?MediaID=155527). Given once a year, this award recognizes the vendor whose product line is deemed best overall based on its rigorous laboratory evaluations—and this marks the second time in the last three years that Canon has received this accolade.

“When it comes to reliability and usability, Canon’s copier MFP line is the standard bearer in the industry,” said George Mikolay, Keypoint Intelligence’s Associate Director of Copier MFP/Production Analysis. “We tacked on more than two million impressions on Canon’s copier engines this year and experienced just three misfeeds, which is simply outstanding and unmatched by any other vendor. Easy maintenance procedures and proactive device management help to further ensure that the products remain up and running. Plus, the models are so easy to use, with universal capabilities and features across the entire line. The well-designed touchscreen can be customized in many ways, all to suit individual users’ preferences. It’s also simple for users to pair their mobile devices with the MFP for printing and scanning. The devices are further complemented by an outstanding software line (Canon’s MEAP platform, uniFLOW and uniFLOW Online Express, and Universal Login Manager, to name several things) to boost security and, most importantly, control costs.”

“Canon is honored to be recognized by Keypoint Intelligence - Buyers Lab with the 2020 Copier MFP Line of the Year as it reflects our company’s holistic approach to meeting business needs and preparing our customers for the office of the future,” said Shinichi Yoshida, Executive Vice President and General Manager of Canon U.S.A., Inc. “We plan to continue delivering on our commitment to developing high-quality solutions designed to meet both market and customer needs in 2020 and beyond.”

About Keypoint Intelligence - Buyers Lab
Keypoint Intelligence (http://keypointintelligence.com/) is a one-stop shop for the digital imaging industry. With our unparalleled tools and unmatched depth of knowledge, we cut through the noise of data to offer clients the unbiased insights and responsive tools they need in those mission-critical moments that define their products and empower their sales.

For over 50 years, Buyers Lab has been the global document imaging industry’s resource for unbiased and reliable information, test data, and competitive selling tools. What started out as a consumer-based publication about office equipment has become an all-encompassing industry resource. In a landscape that’s ever evolving, we change with it.

About Buyers Lab Line of the Year Awards
Line of the Year awards salute the companies that both provide a broad range of hardware or software and whose products consistently performed above average throughout testing. Much consideration is also made by Buyers Lab analysts and technicians in areas such as ease of use, features, and value, across an entire portfolio for that product area, with the end result being the most prestigious Buyers Lab awards offered.

Social Media
Follow Keypoint Intelligence - Buyers Lab on Twitter (https://twitter.com/BuyersLab)
Connect with Keypoint Intelligence - Buyers Lab on LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/buyers-laboratory-llc/)

Contact
Deanna Flanick
+1 973-797-2145
deanna.flanick@keypointintelligence.com (deanna.flanick@keypointintelligence.com)

BillyCarpenter
09-23-2020, 01:35 AM
More MFP awards from BLI for 2020

Two Vendors Take Home BLI Winter 2020 Pick Awards from Keypoint Intelligence in the Copier MFP Category

Winter 2020

01/07/2020

Fairfield, NJ – Keypoint Intelligence - Buyers Lab (BLI), the world’s leading independent provider of testing services and analytical information to the document imaging industry, today announced its Pick award recipients in the Copier MFP category, with the accolades going to devices from Kyocera and Sharp. Awarded twice annually for office equipment, Picks acknowledge the products that gave the best performances in Buyers Lab’s extensive suite of lab tests in the previous six months.

The BLI Winter 2020 Copier MFP Pick awards go to the following exceptional devices*:

KYOCERA TASKalfa 7003i (http://www.buyerslab.com/bliQ/Product/ShowSpecItem?type=3&fadidx=10995&MediaID=155362)
Outstanding 70-ppm Copier MFP
(also sold under the Copystar brand)

KYOCERA TASKalfa 8003i (http://www.buyerslab.com/bliQ/Product/ShowSpecItem?type=3&fadidx=10954&MediaID=155363)
Outstanding 80-ppm Copier MFP

KYOCERA TASKalfa 9003i (http://www.buyerslab.com/bliQ/Product/ShowSpecItem?type=3&fadidx=10992&MediaID=155365)
Outstanding 90-ppm Copier MFP

Sharp MX-2651 (http://www.buyerslab.com/bliQ/Product/ShowSpecItem?type=3&fadidx=10077&MediaID=155367)
Outstanding 26-ppm Color Copier MFP

Sharp MX-3071 (http://www.buyerslab.com/bliQ/Product/ShowSpecItem?type=3&fadidx=10084&MediaID=155370)
Outstanding 30-ppm Color Copier MFP

Sharp MX-3571 (http://www.buyerslab.com/bliQ/Product/ShowSpecItem?type=3&fadidx=10085&MediaID=155373)
Outstanding 35-ppm Color Copier MFP

Sharp MX-4071 (http://www.buyerslab.com/bliQ/Product/ShowSpecItem?type=3&fadidx=10086&MediaID=155376)
Outstanding 40-ppm Color Copier MFP

Sharp MX-5071 (http://www.buyerslab.com/bliQ/Product/ShowSpecItem?type=3&fadidx=10316&MediaID=155392)
Outstanding 50-ppm Color Copier MFP

Sharp MX-6071 (http://www.buyerslab.com/bliQ/Product/ShowSpecItem?type=3&fadidx=10325&MediaID=155382)
Outstanding 60-ppm Color Copier MFP

Sharp MX-M2651 (http://www.buyerslab.com/bliQ/Product/ShowSpecItem?type=3&fadidx=10823&MediaID=155385)
Outstanding 26-ppm Copier MFP

Sharp MX-M3071 (http://www.buyerslab.com/bliQ/Product/ShowSpecItem?type=3&fadidx=10836&MediaID=155386)
Outstanding 30-ppm Copier MFP

Sharp MX-M3571 (http://www.buyerslab.com/bliQ/Product/ShowSpecItem?type=3&fadidx=10837&MediaID=155387)
Outstanding 35-ppm Copier MFP

Sharp MX-M4071 (http://www.buyerslab.com/bliQ/Product/ShowSpecItem?type=3&fadidx=10838&MediaID=155388)
Outstanding 40-ppm Copier MFP

Sharp MX-M5071 (http://www.buyerslab.com/bliQ/Product/ShowSpecItem?type=3&fadidx=10839&MediaID=155395)
Outstanding 50-ppm Copier MFP

Sharp MX-M6071 (http://www.buyerslab.com/bliQ/Product/ShowSpecItem?type=3&fadidx=10840&MediaID=155396)
Outstanding 60-ppm Copier MFP

* Not all products are sold in all regions.

Kyocera Crushes It in the High-Range Monochrome Copier MFP Spaces
“The KYOCERA TASKalfa 7003i, 8003i, and 9003i proved to be highly reliable in the nearly 500,000 impressions we ran on them total,” said George Mikolay, Keypoint Intelligence’s Associate Director of Copier MFP/Production Analysis. “When also taking into consideration the ease in which paper can be loaded, high paper capacities, and simple procedures for clearing misfeeds in the unlikely event that one should occur, these devices will keep your large workgroups productive, day in and day out. Outstanding guidance and creation of profiles from the driver and control panel make the engine equally easy to use whether printing or walking up to scan or copy, and image quality will far surpass the needs of general office environments. Low price points and above average feature sets make the value proposition for each device extremely enticing.”

Sharp Shines Across Copier MFP Segments
“We ran over one million impressions on Sharp copier MFPs this season, to exceptional overall results,” said Mikolay. “As a whole, productivity results were better than other competitors. Short- and long-run jobs for printing, scanning, and copying were completed in a timely manner to allow users to remain effective and efficient. Above average memory for faster processing of jobs is another nicety, as is above average paper weight support for media flexibility. Strong reliability and above average maximum paper capacities mean less downtime for users to clear misfeeds or refill paper drawers. IT administrators will love the web user interface’s intuitiveness and search and shortcut functionality. And Sharp’s ‘know one, know all’ approach means users of the drivers and control panel will enjoy the same very good overall usability regardless of which machine is close to their particular workspace.”

blackcat4866
09-23-2020, 08:08 PM
Did you ever notice that there are just as many awards as there are models of MFP's? It makes one think that it's just another sales device with little actual significance.

BillyCarpenter
09-23-2020, 09:05 PM
Did you ever notice that there are just as many awards as there are models of MFP's? It makes one think that it's just another sales device with little actual significance.

Not what I've found with my experience with BLI. All I sell/service is Kyocera. And they've been pretty spot on with their analysis. Yeah, a couple of Kyocera B&W models won an award, but that's about it. Other vendors crushed Kyocera. I couldn't tell you about the awards won by Canon and Sharp. I know from talking to businesses that have them, they seem very happy.

allan
09-23-2020, 10:03 PM
Konica Minolta took the awards for there color equipment a good couple of times.

Looking at the BH423 i had to go sort out today. Over 2mil on the clock, that is 3 times the engine life.
Still running between PM times. Today the fuser drive motor gear striped out.
The new BH958 is nothing less than amazing.

The Sharp machines are superb, but around here there is no serious dealerships and have gained a horrible reputation.
Could get the used production like machine for almost free but poor parts inventory and high cost of consumables
makes it a no-go.

Boy do i like my KM 951/1052/1250 pro and press machines.

BillyCarpenter
09-23-2020, 10:15 PM
Konica Minolta took the awards for there color equipment a good couple of times.

Looking at the BH423 i had to go sort out today. Over 2mil on the clock, that is 3 times the engine life.
Still running between PM times. Today the fuser drive motor gear striped out.
The new BH958 is nothing less than amazing.

The Sharp machines are superb, but around here there is no serious dealerships and have gained a horrible reputation.
Could get the used production like machine for almost free but poor parts inventory and high cost of consumables
makes it a no-go.

Boy do i like my KM 951/1052/1250 pro and press machines.

Yep. Thought you might like to read this. Not only did KM win best line of the year in 2011, they also won an additional 4 awards later that year. That's just the first thing I pulled up. Not sure for years later than 2011.

Outstanding Performance of bizhub Color and Monochrome MFPs Earns Four Additional “Pick” Awards from Leading Industry Analystleading provider of advanced imaging and networking technologies for the desktop to the print shop, today announced that Buyers Laboratory Inc. (BLI) has named Konica Minolta 2011 “Line of the Year” award winner in the A3/Ledger MFP segment for the company’s award-winning line of bizhub® Color and Monochrome Multifunctional Products (MFPs – print, copy, fax, and scan all in one system). Additionally, Konica Minolta has been recognized with four A3 “Pick” Awards.
BLI recognized Konica Minolta with the following awards:

Konica Minolta has been recognized with four A3 “Pick” Awards.
BLI recognized Konica Minolta with the following awards:
“Line of the Year” – A3/Ledger Color and Monochrome MFPs
bizhub 423 – “Pick” Award winner for Outstanding 41- to 50-ppm A3/Ledger Monochrome MFP
bizhub 363 – “Pick” Award winner for Outstanding 31- to 40-ppm A3/Ledger Monochrome MFP
bizhub 283 – “Pick” Award winner for Outstanding 21- to 30-ppm A3/Ledger Monochrome MFP
bizhub 223 – “Pick” Award winner for Outstanding 21- to 30-ppm A3/Ledger Monochrome MFP

BillyCarpenter
09-23-2020, 10:24 PM
Konica Minolta won BLI Line of the Year for an unprecidented 4-years in a row. That has never happened in the history of BLI. But the last one was in 2014, I believe:

Konica Minolta Named BLI’s A3 MFP Line of the Year for Unprecedented Fourth Straight Year

Konica Minolta Named BLI’s A3 MFP Line of the Year for Unprecedented Fourth Straight YearFor the first time in the decades-long history of BLI's awards, a manufacturer has won the A3 MFP Line of the Year Award for a fourth consecutive year.
Buyers Lab is the world’s leading authority on document imaging devices and solutions. Its Line of the Year is awarded once a year to the vendors whose products are determined to be the best in their respective categories of models, having been tested in a rigorous two-month laboratory evaluation.
“With this amazing fourth win, we are record breakers in the market,” said Stevan Caldwell, national marketing manager at Konica Minolta Business Solutions Australia. “We have won this prestigious title every year since 2011 thanks to our hardware’s reliable excellence and the dedication of the whole team.”
https://www.konicaminolta.com.au/KonicaMinolta/media/KonicaMinolta/News/BLI-Logo-LOY-2014_.jpg
“What Konica Minolta has achieved with a fourth consecutive Line of the Year win is unprecedented,” said BLI Managing Editor Daria Hoffman. “The fact that year after year Konica Minolta continues to surpass the competition is a testament to the sustained quality of its A3 line.”
“What it boils down to with Konica Minolta is consistency,” said George Mikolay, BLI’s senior product editor for A3/Copier MFPs. “Whereas competing lines may stand out in certain speed bands, or in either colour or black, Konica Minolta’s engines stand out across the board—in reliability, ease of use and image quality—in virtually all speed bands in both colour and black. No other vendor brings the same quality of performance across its product line to the same degree.”
In addition, Konica Minolta has won 5 additional Pick awards for the following models:

bizhub C284e – Outstanding Achievement in Energy Efficiency
bizhub C364e – Outstanding 31– to 40-ppm A3 Colour MFP
bizhub C454e – Outstanding 41-to 50-ppm A3 Colour MFP
bizhub 554e – Outstanding 51-to 60-ppm A3 Monochrome MFP
bizhub 4700P – Outstanding A4 Monochrome Printer for Mid-Size Workgroups

“We are extremely proud to have garnered such strong industry recognition. Receiving ‘Pick’ awards from BLI, as well as the 2014 A3 Line of the Year Award, is testament to the sustained quality and performance of our bizhub MFP solutions,” said Caldwell.
“By assessing reliability, image quality, ease of use, productivity and a range of other criteria, BLI’s tests reveal to customers the products that deliver the best value and performance,” said BLI’s Hoffman. BLI congratulates Konica Minolta for producing quality performers across the board and once again winning A3 MFP Line of the Year for 2014.

- Ends -

About Buyers Laboratory LLC
Buyers Laboratory LLC (BLI) is the world’s leading independent provider of analytical information and service to the digital imaging and document management industry. For over 50 years, buyers have relied on BLI to help them differentiate products’ strengths and weaknesses and make the best purchasing decisions, while industry sales, marketing and product professionals have turned to BLI for insightful competitive intelligence and valued guidance on product development, competitive positioning and sales channel and marketing support. Using BLI’s web-based bliQ and Solutions Center services, 40,000 professionals worldwide create extensive side-by-side comparisons of hardware and software solutions for over 15,000 products globally, including comprehensive specifications and the performance results and ratings from BLI’s unparalleled Lab, Solutions and Environmental Test Reports, the result of months of hands-on evaluation in its US and UK labs. The services, also available via mobile devices, include a comprehensive library of BLI’s test reports, an image gallery, hard to find manufacturers’ literature and valuable tools for configuring products, calculating total cost of ownership (TCO) and annual power usage. BLI also offers consulting and private, for-hire testing services that help manufacturers develop and market better products and consumables.
For more information on Buyers Laboratory LLC, please call +852 8200 4503, visit Document Moved (http://www.buyerslab.com), or e-mail loretta.pang@buyerslab.com.
Tagged in: MEDIA RELEASES (https://www.konicaminolta.com.au/News-Insight/Media-releases)