PDA

View Full Version : Konica Bizhub C558 Skewing & Jamming

Custom Search

yasminhuss
09-21-2020, 06:22 AM
Hi Guys

i Have a bizhub c558- It is skewing everything from all paper trays and bypass (changed bypass rollers because it was originally skewing through the bypass, but the problem is now everywhere). It is also experiencing jamming on double sided prints. The skewing isn't major, but it's still visible. Any ideas?

Thanks!

fatduke
09-21-2020, 10:56 AM
Hi dear,

1 million copies?

It seems too old for a new refurbishing way, so my opinion, if you don't want to spend a lot of money for a MK and other components:
use it for spare parts.

If you would to give a new life to the machine, first make a total amount of:

- Drum kits
- Developers (new ones or powder with reset chip but aren't KM OEM parts)
- Transfer belt + Transfer Roller
- Toner Filter
- Pickup Rollers - Bypass Feed Roller
- ADF MK
- Paper Tray Cassette 1+2 (3)
- Finisher (if installed)
- FUSER

Then, last but non least, removing paper debris, toner debris, dust...etc..

So, then try to understand if is it a good way to refurbishing the machine.

It's my opinion and then the last one you can try to replace all expired consumables but I dunno now which parts
need to be removed.

Cheers!

tsbservice
09-21-2020, 11:08 AM
Hi Guys,

I've got a Bizhub C558 thats done over 1 mill prints. It is skewing everything from all paper trays and bypass (changed bypass rollers but the problem is everywhere). It is also experiencing jamming particularly on double sided prints. The skewing isn't major, but it's still visible. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Assuming from your description that you are not tech it would be very difficult to guide you remotely to problems solving. And relatively high counter doesn't help either many consumables may be overdue plus some other parts. On other hands could be as simple as teared piece of paper. My advice is to look for KM tech.

yasminhuss
09-21-2020, 11:44 AM
Assuming from your description that you are not tech it would be very difficult to guide you remotely to problems solving. And relatively high counter doesn't help either many consumables may be overdue plus some other parts. On other hands could be as simple as teared piece of paper. My advice is to look for KM tech.

Thanks, but I am a tech. No parts are due on the machine.

tsbservice
09-21-2020, 12:28 PM
Thanks, but I am a tech. No parts are due on the machine.

Then start by proper describing what have you tried or done. Changed bypass rollers won't improve skewing from all trays at all. Every tech here knows that information you provided is close to nonexistent.

xman
11-14-2020, 02:09 AM
I too am having the same issue with skewing.
I initially thought it was only from the bypass tray as the client was only using card stock from the bypass and it was very noticable. Not as noticable with standard A4 80gsm paper.
Thinking it was only the bypass, I replaced the feed rollers. That didnt make a difference.
I then used card stock and printed from all trays with the same skewing result.
I suspect the issue is occuring in the registration section. I have noticed that the registration roller bushings rotate significantly when compared to an identical model machine. The bushings seemed to have worn a notch in the frame. I suspect this is causing the issue but I can't prove it without replacing the frame (Big job)
Has anyone had this issue and is there a solution?

Synthohol
11-14-2020, 05:11 AM
use J-B Weld to fill the gap behind the bushing. let harden overnight.
this of course implies taking the tension off the shaft first ;)

REGSIS
11-14-2020, 06:59 AM
High couner like 900k - replace registration roller and bushings x4.
Low counter - check the position of right side door and correct if necessary. Mark initial position as a reference point. There are marks on middle and top.

byronf
11-14-2020, 08:41 AM
Hi Guys

i Have a bizhub c558- It is skewing everything from all paper trays and bypass (changed bypass rollers because it was originally skewing through the bypass, but the problem is now everywhere). It is also experiencing jamming on double sided prints. The skewing isn't major, but it's still visible. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hi All,

I see a critical piece of this puzzle missing.

When is comes to Jams I speak 1 language with my techs. No jam code I hung up as we are now shooting in the Dark.

"WHAT IS THE JAM CODE"

Based on my experience I would say your paper feed drive assy needs to be replaced, alternatively you and strip replace the 1 way bearings (A02E561100) side.

Max
11-14-2020, 09:24 AM
There is a tech bulletin about it. Replace/clean reg bushing and replace the assembly the reg rollers are located in (don't forget the 2x mylars)

Max
11-14-2020, 09:26 AM
Hi All,

I see a critical piece of this puzzle missing.

When is comes to Jams I speak 1 language with my techs. No jam code I hung up as we are now shooting in the Dark.

"WHAT IS THE JAM CODE"

Based on my experience I would say your paper feed drive assy needs to be replaced, alternatively you and strip replace the 1 way bearings (A02E561100) side.

He never mentioned jamming. Just skewing.

byronf
11-14-2020, 10:49 AM
He never mentioned jamming. Just skewing.

tsbservice
11-14-2020, 11:04 AM
That's happening when one guy jumps on another thread and techs reply to who knows.
Anyway with loose and wobbly registration section it will skew and jam as well.

copier tech
11-14-2020, 11:56 AM
Hi Guys

Thanks!

If you are getting a skew from all trays then you have an issue with the registration unit, this unit is responsible for removing a skew.

Remove this unit & check the bushings this is most likely why you have a duplex jamming issue as on the 2nd side the skew will get worse.

Custom Search