PDA

View Full Version : Word of warning i series

Custom Search

robinsonad86
09-22-2020, 04:51 PM
When performing firmware updates on these machines make sure the finisher is the correct model that should be on the machine.

Apparently while not recommended the FS534 will fit the i series machines and work perfectly until you do a firmware update.

The firmware will write to the board and display as completed however it will corrupt the rom on the finisher control board and machine will display c551 codes.

Found this out the hardway yesterday, assumed the machine had the correct finisher on it updated firmware and error appeared.

The cure if this happens is to find a 284/e series machine with a finisher attached, fit the non working board and update firmware. You can then fit this onto the finisher attached to the i series and it will work again.

If you find have to update firmware on these machines make sure to select no on the finisher option if it is anything other than a fs539/540

blazebusiness
09-22-2020, 08:14 PM
When performing firmware updates on these machines make sure the finisher is the correct model that should be on the machine.

Apparently while not recommended the FS534 will fit the i series machines and work perfectly until you do a firmware update.

The firmware will write to the board and display as completed however it will corrupt the rom on the finisher control board and machine will display c551 codes.

Found this out the hardway yesterday, assumed the machine had the correct finisher on it updated firmware and error appeared.

The cure if this happens is to find a 284/e series machine with a finisher attached, fit the non working board and update firmware. You can then fit this onto the finisher attached to the i series and it will work again.

If you find have to update firmware on these machines make sure to select no on the finisher option if it is anything other than a fs539/540

Good tip thanks. We also found that the FS-536 finishers for the 8 series work just fine on the 4 series copiers. Haven't seen any issues with firmware updates causing errors on those though.

Synaux
09-24-2020, 03:38 AM
That is crazy...

Just pondering:
Is there an option on the 8 series to select individual FW installs? I wonder if not select finsher and still use the old FS534 anyways? :cool:

Bix
09-24-2020, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the warning!
I currently have FS533 internal finishers installed and they seem to have no problems with the firmware update

robinsonad86
09-24-2020, 04:48 PM
That is crazy...

Just pondering:
Is there an option on the 8 series to select individual FW installs? I wonder if not select finsher and still use the old FS534 anyways? :cool:

Yes you should be able to choose what options you want the firmware to write to from the update screen

Custom Search