PDA

View Full Version : Di2510 document feeder problem...

Custom Search

OutlawTorn
11-07-2008, 04:15 PM
Hello all, I am having problems with the DF-321 doc feeder for the Di2510 copier. After the document feeder scans the original the copy it produced has a squint, squiggly line right down on side. It almost looks like the original is hitting something on its way through but I have checked thoroughly and there appears to be no obvious obstructions. Has anyone seen this before? I am a little stumped.

Thanks

minimerlin
11-07-2008, 09:16 PM
I have seen this a lot! It is caused by bad adjustment of the ADF height!

The white scan pressure plate is not meeting the target glass correctly causing the origional to smack the glass which gives the blurr!

The adjustment was given in the set up manual but all you need to do is loosen the locknuts on the screw adjusters that you find in the top of each hinge. Then try to get the adf to sit flat with the target pressure plate pips equally on the glass. I usually turn the hinge screws to get them about the same length (just below the grey plastic covers) then run a test sheet via adf to see the effect on copy...then it is trial and error. The set up manual showed using strips of a4 pulled under the pimples of the presure plate...when pulling pressure on the strips is equal...job done!! Dont forget to tighten lock nuts. Also ensure adf is square to machine as skew can also not help this problem.

fixthecopier
11-07-2008, 10:56 PM
Minimerlin is so correct. I have made that adjustment 1000 times. Most of the time if you back the screws all the way out it will be perfect, and about 1 out of 20 you will have to work on it. Run the F-12 est sheet and use it. the straight lines make it easy to see if you get it correct. I have had some that I could not adjust. Good Luck!

mrfixit
11-08-2008, 02:06 AM
true, true. if you can't get it solved just by adjusting the screw on top of the hinge the left side plate the feeder mounts on can also be adjusted slightly usaully the hinge gets it close enough for government work though.
Ray

Custom Search