PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta C224e - Transfer Roller Unit

Custom Search

jbphillips2001
09-23-2020, 06:28 PM
We have a Konica Minolta C224e copier at work that has come to end of life on the Transfer Roller Unit. Can someone tell me exactly where this Transfer Roller unit is? The number of rotations it's displaying is the same number that's on transfer roller belt unit. Is it the same unit that is being sold online as "2nd Image Transfer Roller Assembly" by several vendors? Thank you.

blazebusiness
09-23-2020, 06:29 PM
We have a Konica Minolta C224e copier at work that has come to end of life on the Transfer Roller Unit. Can someone tell me exactly where this Transfer Roller unit is? The number of rotations it's displaying is the same number that's on transfer roller belt unit. Is it the same unit that is being sold online as "2nd Image Transfer Roller Assembly" by several vendors? Thank you.

Yes it is the 2nd Image Transfer Roller Assembly. Open the door on the right and look for a long sponge like roller. If you see a green latch with M6 on the label , the roller is part of that same rectangular unit.

tsbservice
09-23-2020, 07:05 PM
If you're unable to even visually locate second transfer roller I'm afraid things can easily go out of control.
And if counters of ITB unit are also due it's important to replace this unit also and carry out needed adjustments.

jbphillips2001
09-23-2020, 07:31 PM
Yes it is the 2nd Image Transfer Roller Assembly. Open the door on the right and look for a long sponge like roller. If you see a green latch with M6 on the label , the roller is part of that same rectangular unit.

Thank you so much. I'll get it replaced and reset the counter.

copier tech
09-23-2020, 08:04 PM

You don't need to replace this part, simply reset the counter in CE mode.

However if you do want to place it this is the part number, it simply unclips no tools are required.

2nd Transfer Roller - A161R71433

Synaux
09-24-2020, 02:50 AM
You don't need to replace this part, simply reset the counter in CE mode.

However if you do want to place it this is the part number, it simply unclips no tools are required.

2nd Transfer Roller - A161R71433
+1 As long as print quality is acceptable.

You are obviously an end-user. But if you are feeling adventurous, get yourself a Service Manual and get into "Service Mode" (hopefully it has a default password--do not ask for the password--you will get scolded for asking such things around here) and reset the counter.
But leave everything else alone!
FYI, if you are willing to put some work into it, you can remove these rollers and wash the foam roller with soap and water (gently), but be sure to let the roller COMPLETELY dry (rendering the machine worthless for a few days). I would recommend doing this regardless if you order a new roller so you have a spare. :cool:

copyman
09-24-2020, 02:57 AM
Just reset the counter in service mode if print quality looks good. No need to replace. Might as well clear the toner filter count while in service mode life counters.

Synaux
09-24-2020, 03:08 AM
Just reset the counter in service mode if print quality looks good. No need to replace. Might as well clear the toner filter count while in service mode life counters.

I just realized that this end-user will have to reset the counter regardless of replacing the part. dOH!

jbphillips2001, you will have to figure out how to reset the counter or pay a tech to location to do it for you.

If you contribute to the site, I will send you the documentation necessary. (but do not go exploring--change the setting and forget you were ever there).

All that said, a 2nd tranf roller at end of life will not stop the machine from running.

Custom Search