PDA

View Full Version : Consumable counter is incorrect

Custom Search

byronf
09-28-2020, 12:44 PM
Hi Gents,

I have a few C759's that are reflecting incorrect life counters.

We replaced imaging units and the counter did not reset to 100%.

Is there a dipsw or something that I am missing here, has anybody had this issue before.

tsbservice
09-28-2020, 01:25 PM
Hi Gents,

Is there a dipsw or something that I am missing here, has anybody had this issue before.

Sounds like a firmware anomaly. Try latest and greatest.

byronf
09-28-2020, 06:58 PM
Hi I have updated FW G00-W5 still have no luck with the state of consumable counter.

Eariler this year I had another machine do this but I over looked it as we were heading for lock down. Now this machine at another client has the same issue. There is no copy quality issue machine is running 100%. My thing is I just need to correct this as our clients think the unit was not replaced.

Synthohol
09-28-2020, 07:05 PM
if indeed new units were installed and the counter did not reset you can warranty the IUs 100%

copier tech
09-28-2020, 08:38 PM
Hi Gents,

Were these genuine Konica Minolta image units or compatible/rebranded types?

You can hide that consumables counter tab using SW227 that way you client can't see the unit life maybe a work around for you.

tsbservice
09-28-2020, 08:44 PM
if indeed new units were installed and the counter did not reset you can warranty the IUs 100%

We're struggling with KM support also... and not due to lack of knowledge and using compatible parts. KMBS have dealer support programs not known in elsewhere.

byronf
09-29-2020, 08:14 PM

These units are genuine and brand new. At first I assumed ENGINE DIPSW 3 (Disable New Release) was activated, I have confirmed that this is disabled.

We now have another machine that did the same.

Where can I get special dipsw list from for this model.

Synthohol
09-29-2020, 10:48 PM
its in the service manual no?

Phil B.
09-29-2020, 11:48 PM
per forum rules ALL manual requests are to be made in this forum: https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/service-manual-requests/

allan
09-30-2020, 06:40 AM
To get closer to some kind of answer check the chip fuses.
Blown or not?

If they are blown they could have been faulty or blown before.
If not the machine is not doing its job of detecting the new articles.

Custom Search