PDA

View Full Version : 4700p jamming

Custom Search

tech51
09-28-2020, 06:33 PM
Hi all. I have a strange fault on a 4700p.
If the machine has been idle for a while, the first print will enter the fuser by about 75mm and then jam. After the jam is removed it will print quite happily without jamming again.
Leave it for a while and it will do the same thing.
Doesn't matter if it’s single sided or duplex, it’s always the first sheet that jams.
The fuser has been replaced but it was doing this on the original one.
The jam code is 202.17.
I have replaced the feed tyres and cleaned all the sensors and rollers.

Any ideas would be welcome....

qbert69
09-28-2020, 06:47 PM
If the machine has been idle for a while, the first print will enter the fuser by about 75mm and then jam. After the jam is removed it will print quite happily without jamming again.
Doesn't matter if it’s single sided or duplex, it’s always the first sheet that jams.
The jam code is 202.17.

Any ideas would be welcome....Perhaps a frimwar update/refresh might resolve this issue?![emoji848]

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Synthohol
09-28-2020, 08:41 PM
Page at fuser nip before fuser reached
acceptable operating temperature. Page
arrived at fuser earlier than expected, so it
was probably staged.

could be firmware or maybe try bumping up the temp by +5c
does that fuser have "envelope mode"? maybe its set there in error?

blackcat4866
09-28-2020, 11:10 PM
Short term, you might disable sleep mode. Until you find a better solution. =^..^=

M94
09-29-2020, 01:40 AM
Page at fuser nip before fuser reached
acceptable operating temperature. Page
arrived at fuser earlier than expected, so it
was probably staged.

could be firmware or maybe try bumping up the temp by +5c
does that fuser have "envelope mode"? maybe its set there in error?

Put better than I would have said it, but yeah if it's always the first print after idle that makes me think the fuser is not performing properly from a cold start. Blackcat had it right though, disabling sleep would probably 'solve' it for now.

Edit> If the fuser has already been replaced for the same reason maybe it's not getting enough juice to heat quickly?

antone
10-01-2020, 01:22 AM
wash rollers good.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

blackcat4866
10-01-2020, 01:33 AM
We've got a Kyocera printer of approximately the same vintage doing the same thing.

Except on the Kyocera there are multiple bulletins and multiple updates. They changed the drive gears on the fuser drive pack, changes to engine firmware, and multiple changes to the fuser (mainly the teflon pressure pad bunches up at the the exit side). There are currently 6 revisions on the fuser, maybe more in the works.

I think I'd check the Konica Bulletins for something like this.

=^..^=

albemero
10-01-2020, 01:50 PM
I would say inspect the fuser .. perhaps you ll find a broken guide or something like this

a broken guide or somethinga broken guide or somethinga broken guide or something

tsbservice
10-01-2020, 05:56 PM
I would say inspect the fuser .. perhaps you ll find a broken guide or something like this

a broken guide or somethinga broken guide or somethinga broken guide or something

Fuser was replaced.

KMFLT3CH
11-12-2020, 05:41 PM
The jam code is 202.17.

Any ideas would be welcome....

Did you ever find a fix for your issue? I am having the exact same problem, same model.

tech51
11-12-2020, 07:10 PM
Did you ever find a fix for your issue? I am having the exact same problem, same model.
I ended up turning off sleep mode and haven’t been back to it since.

So I’ve either fixed or they got fed up calling it in!

Custom Search