PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Copy color options missing C554e

Custom Search

allan
09-29-2020, 04:40 PM
Hi guys

Only a void where the color or B/W copy selection should be.
Looking into it i cant find a custom pattern installed...

Any body here that can please send me the Panel Customization Tool and the MIFFiles :rolleyes:?
Just want to install a the default pattern to see if the option will pop back up.

Or am i missing something stupid here?

tsbservice
09-29-2020, 05:25 PM
Howzit allan.
PM sent, you have new toy :cool:

Tech09
09-29-2020, 06:41 PM
Is your customer using authentication or any other accounting app such as Papercut? You may be restricted to only B&W copies if so.

byronf
09-29-2020, 07:03 PM
Hi guys

Only a void where the color or B/W copy selection should be.
Looking into it i cant find a custom pattern installed...

Any body here that can please send me the Panel Customization Tool and the MIFFiles :rolleyes:?
Just want to install a the default pattern to see if the option will pop back up.

Or am i missing something stupid here?

Hi Allan,

Dipsw 71 - 00

allan
09-29-2020, 07:11 PM
Ok cool thanks will try that.

So i guess its an ex-lease government department machine.

emujo2
09-29-2020, 07:14 PM
Is your customer using authentication or any other accounting app such as Papercut? You may be restricted to only B&W copies if so.

FYI any form of authentication just restricts what you can do..The option for full color. 2 color ect will still be there.

allan
09-30-2020, 01:43 PM
Hi Allan,

Dipsw 71 - 00

So selling color machines on tender as b/w just because that model made it on the list of machines available!
Remember working government department of education around Nelspruit the old East Transvaal that we had to set a bunch of settings to try and stop the machine form using any color toner. But it will still print patches and eventually finish the color toner and the continue as b/w only. There was a special mono driver we had to install.

Some of the users are more clever than you think and found the back doors to the color options.
So i guess the dipsw settings came after that to prevent that.

Thanks a mil for the dipsw 71-00.
First i did not set it and disappointed myself. Is you fail well try again and this time remembered to set it.

3 Months later i got that machine to make a color copy!
Yesterday the day before i went to Ballito a GURU tech tried and failed...

Had fun sorting print shop issues today! Experience helps.

Shot. Rep earned!

Custom Search