PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C448 Printing coloured lines and marks

Custom Search

Lync
09-30-2020, 12:55 AM
Update: Sorry, it's a C458 not a C448.

I have a Konica Minolta Bizhub C458 printing strange lines and marks when printing from PC, printing from USB and also printing the demo page and config page (any reports in user mode print with marks printing in mono you get mono marks) but it prints the machine management list and all halftone test pages or anything from Service mode ok. It also photocopies with no issues. It does not have any error codes in the machine management list that started when the error started. A self-diagnosis result report also comes back with all checks as OK. Thank you for any input, I am assuming a new MFP board would fix this issue. Please see image below for example.

Lync
09-30-2020, 06:22 AM
This has been resolved. Of all things it was a faulty Dual Scan board.

tsbservice
09-30-2020, 08:42 AM

Interesting. Thank You for sharing such an unusual problem and solution. And before all you did quite a good job in initial troubleshooting 👍

femaster
10-01-2020, 12:33 AM

That has to be one of the strangest things I've ever heard. Faulty dual scan board, yet scans were perfectly fine, with the only things affected by the issue being print jobs and internal prints (outside of service mode). Can't even fathom that one, or what made you even think to look at the dual scan for such an issue.

antone
10-01-2020, 01:18 AM
chk set up time scale -500

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

albemero
10-01-2020, 01:42 PM

Thanks for sharing, but it would be also interesting to know how you found this solution, just to learn. Thanks

progoffice
10-01-2020, 02:02 PM
I had the EXACT thing happen to me, only it was on a Muratec MFX-C5590 (C558). I replaced the main board and the problem still came back. I ended up moving the machine to a different location in the same room, so different plug and ethernet port. They haven't called back for quite a while since doing this. If it does happen again, I will certainly try the Dual Scan Board. There's no logic that points to it being this board, but if it works it works.

Here was my post on it when it happened to me: https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/146055-has-anybody-ever-seen-before.html?146055=#post1277261

Synaux
10-02-2020, 04:30 AM
Here was my post on it when it happened to me: https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/146055-has-anybody-ever-seen-before.html?146055=#post1277261

I guess my pondering on that post caused me to skip this as it seemed absurd "Remove the dual scan image processing board at test, had similar and was ok when DSIP board was removed."

That is some insane engineering/programming flaw...how? why? who? where? when? they? THEM? THAT? WHAT?

Lync
10-04-2020, 10:45 PM
That has to be one of the strangest things I've ever heard. Faulty dual scan board, yet scans were perfectly fine, with the only things affected by the issue being print jobs and internal prints (outside of service mode). Can't even fathom that one, or what made you even think to look at the dual scan for such an issue.

Thanks for sharing, but it would be also interesting to know how you found this solution, just to learn. Thanks

It was a suggestion from Konica Minolta so I can not take credit for it. But with issues like these, you should remove each peripheral one at a time to see if anything makes a difference. (I would not have even considered the dual scan board to cause this. Especially because scanning/copying was not affected.)

Gellehaiak
07-08-2021, 11:18 AM
Problems often arise with printing equipment. I think the instructions may describe the issue. When I got into trouble, I called the wizard. I don't understand very well what to do in such situations. As luck would have it, my printer broke down right before my sister's birthday. I was planning to print some pictures of her with my husband. And in the end, I had to look for an alternative. A friend of mine advised me to print my photo on canvas. She sent me Canvas prints | Your photos on canvas | Canvaspop (https://canvaspop.com/products/canvas-prints) for me to study more information. I decided that this could be a great gift and made an order. And my sister was delighted with the present. Thank God that I was able to solve this problem in time. I hope my printer will not suddenly break down again.

Custom Search