PDA

View Full Version : Fuser noises C284e

Custom Search

Genotrom
10-01-2020, 09:06 AM
I have a bizhub C284e in the lab that has had some noises in the fuser area in the past. This problem magically resolved itself after a few days. Now the noise is back and seems to correlate with the temperatures outside. It is now quite cold here in France and these noises are evident. The printer has 300k. Usually in these models I have seen the fuser go well over 600k. Is there any bulletin about it?

femaster
10-02-2020, 05:40 AM
It is most likely not the fuser itself. From my experience with these models, any noise from the fuser area is most likely the small clutch in the fuser drive assembly. It drives the reversal unit rollers if I remember correctly. If you see rust powder on the duplex assembly hinge area, that's a dead giveaway, but I have also seem some noisy ones that appeared fine.

The following post by blackcat4866 will show you what to look for...
konica c284 Fuser/exit section squeaking noise when idle (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/137251-konica-c284-fuser-exit-section-squeaking-noise-when-idle-post739699.html#post739699)

tsbservice
10-02-2020, 06:58 AM
Does it make noise when idle? If it does then your fuser bearings are gone and you better have new fuser.

blazebusiness
10-05-2020, 06:34 PM
Does it make noise when idle? If it does then your fuser bearings are gone and you better have new fuser.

+1

The bearings in these fusers are prone to squeaking (usually mild). They will still run absolutely fine for quite a while even while squeaking. Replacing it is the fix if the customer can't put up with the squeak.

If the customer has no contract and has to pay for the fuser they will normally be glad to put up with the squeak. If they have a contract they usually insist on a new fuser as it doesn't come out of their pocket.

tulintron
10-05-2020, 07:46 PM
I have a bizhub C284e in the lab that has had some noises in the fuser area in the past. This problem magically resolved itself after a few days. Now the noise is back and seems to correlate with the temperatures outside. It is now quite cold here in France and these noises are evident. The printer has 300k. Usually in these models I have seen the fuser go well over 600k. Is there any bulletin about it?Defects are never solved magically, especially noise. They just hibernate.

Being in the fusion, I would start with the bearings

Custom Search