PDA

View Full Version : PQ issue c654

Custom Search

Synaux
10-02-2020, 04:16 AM
First off, I am confident in stating that the issue is with the M IU (very close to EOL), but perhaps someone can explain what is actually happening so I can wrap my brain around this:

This was noticed when running #10 envelopes. Allegedly, it did not do this for the first 500 out a of 1000 run. Prints were in color.

A thin Magenta line would be produced through about 1/4 of the envelope toward the rearend of the envelope (lengthwise) However, this will only occur on the firstprint (when the bypass is reloaded every 20 or so envelopes).

As stated the IU is slated for replacement soon. This is not a huge concern, but is curious... I have some thoughts, but would like to hear from yall first.

I forgot to bring a picture but made rough example: 46933

splblazer91
10-02-2020, 04:27 AM
IU is trying to overcompensate for charge and pulls toner into the weak spots of the drum that then leave lines intermittently.

Synaux
10-02-2020, 04:40 AM
IU is trying to overcompensate for charge and pulls toner into the weak spots of the drum that then leave lines intermittently.

Thanks, makes sense and I agree for the most part.

Why would it not be on all prints? Furthermore, I would have thought it would be more prevalent in the lead edge (I will spare everyone my reasoning for this...correct me if I am totally backwards here).

Custom Search