PDA

View Full Version : Dead C558

Custom Search

Methmann
10-02-2020, 10:17 AM
Hey mates :-)

I have a C558, which i have tried to FW upd. It failed at MFP with N.G. I have tried several versions, all with same outcome. Tried to upd. MFP only. Tried with the HDD disconnected.

And after the first failed attempt, it cant start as normal, it just says "This is invalid external memory" But there is no external mem attached, and i am not holding down the stop button.

Could a MFP reset tool be a solution? But i cant find one for C558. At our partner portal. Or KM ftp server.

Which machine type is the C558? 9 - 9 is choosen by default at firmware upd.

Thanks in advance :-)

tulintron
10-02-2020, 01:02 PM
The warning "This is an invalid external memory" without having the memory inserted, may be due to the fact that it started an update process and, for some reason, it was interrupted.

I've been through this a few times even through tests. Know how to proceed in certain situations. We do some crazy things in our laboratory, so I can tell you that with more certainty.

Try to update with each firmware until you find the one that was actually being used in the process and then it will continue.

At least it was like that in our laboratory, on line 8 printers

Firmaware
10-02-2020, 01:15 PM
Format the usb pen drive and load the Fw files. When it doesn t work change usb pen drive.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G980F mit Tapatalk

strider5555
10-02-2020, 09:39 PM
The reset tool you are looking for is a789be.tar . I think you would need to call tech support to get them to send it to you as I cannot find a link to download it, or perhaps another KM technician here may send it to you. I have had success using this tool with this very problem, and the manual states that machine and type for serial numbers starting with A79k which should be C558 is 9 and 9. Also try disconnecting all options, IE adf, hdd, fax, finisher, etc, download and unzip a fresh firmware file and try again.

femaster
10-03-2020, 07:14 AM
Sounds crazy, but I've read a few times that leaving the front access door open has resolved MFP NG firmware issues like this. Never had to do it myself, but, can't hurt to try updating again with the door open.

copier tech
10-03-2020, 02:58 PM

I have a C558, which i have tried to FW upd. It failed at MFP with N.G. I have tried several versions, all with same outcome. Tried to upd. MFP only. Tried with the HDD disconnected.

And after the first failed attempt, it cant start as normal, it just says "This is invalid external memory" But there is no external mem attached, and i am not holding down the stop button.

Could a MFP reset tool be a solution? But i cant find one for C558. At our partner portal. Or KM ftp server.

Was the machine working before you tried to update the firmware?

We can supply you with the MFP reset tool should you wish to give that a try.

Firmware Update - Printer & Copier Firmware (http://www.copierfirmware.co.uk)

suomi
10-03-2020, 08:32 PM
HDD is broken. Change HDD

Jumping Jack Flash
10-04-2020, 12:51 PM

How did you disconnect the HDD,
did you select uninstall in system 2?
A 250GB HDD must be connected when uploading FW

Methmann
10-05-2020, 10:07 AM
Thank you for your reply :-)

I have already tried with that firmware, which was installed before i tried to upd. G00-N2

The warning "This is an invalid external memory" without having the memory inserted, may be due to the fact that it started an update process and, for some reason, it was interrupted.

I've been through this a few times even through tests. Know how to proceed in certain situations. We do some crazy things in our laboratory, so I can tell you that with more certainty.

Try to update with each firmware until you find the one that was actually being used in the process and then it will continue.

At least it was like that in our laboratory, on line 8 printers

Methmann
10-05-2020, 10:09 AM

Already tried another usb pen ;) And im using the same USB pen, as i always use, without problems :)

Format the usb pen drive and load the Fw files. When it doesn t work change usb pen drive.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G980F mit Tapatalk

Methmann
10-05-2020, 10:11 AM

Okay, now i know that it do exist. I have a contact at KM, so i will try calling him, i couldnt call him last week, because he was on vacation :)

The reset tool you are looking for is a789be.tar . I think you would need to call tech support to get them to send it to you as I cannot find a link to download it, or perhaps another KM technician here may send it to you. I have had success using this tool with this very problem, and the manual states that machine and type for serial numbers starting with A79k which should be C558 is 9 and 9. Also try disconnecting all options, IE adf, hdd, fax, finisher, etc, download and unzip a fresh firmware file and try again.

Methmann
10-05-2020, 10:12 AM

Lol, well, i will give it a try :-D

Sounds crazy, but I've read a few times that leaving the front access door open has resolved MFP NG firmware issues like this. Never had to do it myself, but, can't hurt to try updating again with the door open.

Methmann
10-05-2020, 10:14 AM

Well, it could start up, but i dont know the background for this machine, if it worked properly. It has just came in, for resale.
And by some strange reason, we couldnt change the admin password in service mode. So because of that, we would try to update it.

Was the machine working before you tried to update the firmware?

We can supply you with the MFP reset tool should you wish to give that a try.

Firmware Update - Printer & Copier Firmware (http://www.copierfirmware.co.uk)

Methmann
10-05-2020, 10:16 AM

Tried to disconnect it, by taking out the connector.

HDD is broken. Change HDD

Methmann
10-05-2020, 10:17 AM

I have just tried to unplug it. As i cant get into service mode anymore. :-(

How did you disconnect the HDD,
did you select uninstall in system 2?
A 250GB HDD must be connected when uploading FW

copier tech
10-05-2020, 11:05 AM

Well, it could start up, but i dont know the background for this machine, if it worked properly. It has just came in, for resale.
And by some strange reason, we couldnt change the admin password in service mode. So because of that, we would try to update it.

Ok so you could enter CE mode to change the admin password? but why were you unable to change it?

Jumping Jack Flash
10-05-2020, 02:32 PM

I have just tried to unplug it. As i cant get into service mode anymore. :-(

Hymm....
Plug in the HDD and press / hold "reset" on the desktop and Power ON.
After a while, "Trouble Reset" will appear on the screen - select and turn OFF the machine.
Try to upload the Firmware now.
Do everything with the front cover open.

zoool
10-07-2020, 06:01 PM
try install SATA CONTROLLER RECOVERY
A7PU0Y0-F000-GXX-A8(00)

Custom Search