PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C364e scans

Custom Search

emujo2
10-02-2020, 08:34 PM
Getting this from all scans..copies made from glass are good, only when ADF is used..Affects anything 8 x 11 LT or Ledger. Single pass ADF. Thinking the scan bed may have been damaged but really don't want to swap if at all possible. I have had 2 techs looking at this and they can't figure it out. 46943

progoffice
10-02-2020, 09:42 PM
Maybe you can put a Dual Scan doc feed on it (if you have one) just to see if the second side does it as well. The image is processed differently (CIS), so it might be worth a try to help pinpoint the only scenarios where this is occurring.

tsbservice
10-02-2020, 10:45 PM
Maybe you can put a Dual Scan doc feed on it (if you have one) just to see if the second side does it as well. The image is processed differently (CIS), so it might be worth a try to help pinpoint the only scenarios where this is occurring.

+1 to this test.

blackcat4866
10-03-2020, 12:23 AM
Were I to make a guess, and I've seen this somewhere before, light source #1 or light source #2/#3 tips as it slides into position under the slit glass. The possible reasons can be:
* a dry scanner rail
* a damaged or missing slide (plastic disk that acts as a sliding surface between light source and the rail)
* a damaged pulley or pulley bearing
* a damaged rail (some scanners have a chromed metal strip adhered to the scanner frame, and that strip can come un-stuck)
* or you might have some foreign object bumping one of the mirror assemblies, like a wire harness or light shield

Were it me, I'd take off the glass and turn the drive hub towards the slit glass position slowly. Since it doesn't affect prints off the glass, one of the light sources must shift or be bumped in the last few millimeters of travel.

What if somebody installed a cover screw that was just a little bit too long in the end cover of the scanner? LOL.
=^..^=

Synaux
10-03-2020, 03:42 AM
Were I to make a guess, and I've seen this somewhere before, light source #1 or light source #2/#3 tips as it slides into position under the slit glass. The possible reasons can be:
* a dry scanner rail
* a damaged or missing slide (plastic disk that acts as a sliding surface between light source and the rail)
* a damaged pulley or pulley bearing
* a damaged rail (some scanners have a chromed metal strip adhered to the scanner frame, and that strip can come un-stuck)
* or you might have some foreign object bumping one of the mirror assemblies, like a wire harness or light shield

Were it me, I'd take off the glass and turn the drive hub towards the slit glass position slowly. Since it doesn't affect prints off the glass, one of the light sources must shift or be bumped in the last few millimeters of travel.

What if somebody installed a cover screw that was just a little bit too long in the end cover of the scanner? LOL.
=^..^=
That last one... lol I could see something like that potentially wasting a LOT of time! ;)

Anyways, much of the same stuff, I have seen something similar when a mirror was not seated correctly (looked like it was but little jiggle it snapped into place).

EarthKmTech
10-04-2020, 07:09 AM
Anyways, much of the same stuff, I have seen something similar when a mirror was not seated correctly (looked like it was but little jiggle it snapped into place).

This

and seen distorted scanner frame do this too, not necessariliy visible, the bottom plate the ccd sits on can distort.

blazebusiness
10-05-2020, 04:21 PM
Getting this from all scans..copies made from glass are good, only when ADF is used..Affects anything 8 x 11 LT or Ledger. Single pass ADF. Thinking the scan bed may have been damaged but really don't want to swap if at all possible. I have had 2 techs looking at this and they can't figure it out. 46943

Saw something similar way back with something blocking the light path but only when scanner was near home position. Turned out to be small piece of hanging fuzzlike debris underneath slit glass area.

tulintron
10-05-2020, 07:55 PM
Getting this from all scans..copies made from glass are good, only when ADF is used..Affects anything 8 x 11 LT or Ledger. Single pass ADF. Thinking the scan bed may have been damaged but really don't want to swap if at all possible. I have had 2 techs looking at this and they can't figure it out. 46943Emujo, I've come across this a few times. Some very tired users rest on the machine, causing the Scanner base to tilt on the left front side, the only part where the base is not attached.Remove the covers, just loosen the screws and reposition the base.

I believe it will be enough.

emujo2
10-06-2020, 06:01 PM
Thanks, wish I had a spare dual scan for a C364e sitting around..E

Custom Search