PDA

View Full Version : Copystar 3060 opinions

Custom Search

pjdbm
11-08-2008, 06:55 PM
I installed one of these last week and need peoples opinions?

I can tell you I dont like the fact it does not offset in traditional fashion. I had to use two trays for "Cross switching offsetting "

That drop down touch panel seems a future problem and I don't like the the error messages with the adf.

So my observations are that this box aint nothing like the cs2550 and the cs3035 series :cool:

blackcat4866
11-08-2008, 07:17 PM
The Stratos machines are two generations beyond the Falcon II's. I personally love them. If you don't like the rotate-offeset, get the DF-730 finisher for traditional offset finishing.

The tilt panel has not been an issue on the Stratos. That's not true of the Falcon IIIs. On the Falcon III the ribbon cable to the display rubs against the rearmost part of the panel housing. If the touch display is unresponsive on a Falcon III just tilt the panel and it will become responsive. The construction of the panel housing presses against the ribbon cable near the pinch connector. Movement of the panel can cause a disconnection.

There is a new style DP main PWB to solve the grounding issues plaguing these DP-670s. Also make sure that the firmware is at version 2.20C. A lot of problems have been fixed by firmware on this machine.

My only complaint about the Stratos machines is the cheapo transfer roller rear latch which breaks every time you touch it, and sometimes when you don't touch it. =^..^=

11-09-2008, 07:53 AM
I have 50+ in the field with great results, I would recommend them anyone who needs a 25-30 ppm machine

pjdbm
11-09-2008, 03:57 PM
Thanks for you reply , they will be doing about 75k a year with scanning,printing,copying . I just got spooked during the demo when I found out about the cross tray collating lol and the error message to "add paper in the MP tray" the dam woman was running around and saying "there is an error message already on our new machine"

I almost fainted because this box is not paid for and...

termacadon
11-10-2008, 06:26 AM
Thanks for you reply , they will be doing about 75k a year with scanning,printing,copying . I just got spooked during the demo when I found out about the cross tray collating lol and the error message to "add paper in the MP tray" the dam woman was running around and saying "there is an error message already on our new machine"

I almost fainted because this box is not paid for and...

Must be a NOOB Rep!:D

I dont see anything wrong with this series, i also personally like them. Do the latest firmware and you are up to scratch with a machine that will do everything except make Pizza.

Custom Search