PDA

View Full Version : C224 Colour Print Problem (Shfting, Blurry Images). Also show P-21 error.

Custom Search

jamaicapepe
10-03-2020, 12:04 PM
Hello,
I am including photos of a test page so you can understand easily.
We have changed belt about a month ago. Also tried PH Skew and after Initialise and Image Stabilisation
as proposed by the service manual but still no luck.

Any ideas?

copyman
10-03-2020, 01:31 PM
Hello,
We have changed belt about a month ago. Also tried PH Skew and after Initialise and Image Stabilisation

Any ideas?

You need to get rid of P-21 so you can do gradation adj

I would start with making sure the IDC sensors are clean & shutter opening ok.

Possible it needs at least the Magenta drum.
Swap the magenta drum unit with the Cyan drum unit and see if the Magenta over bleed turns to cyan. Then you will know original magenta drum is bad.

copier tech
10-03-2020, 03:00 PM
Hello,

Any ideas?

Clean the patch sensors & then run 'initialise + stabilize in CE mode.

tsbservice
10-03-2020, 03:16 PM
Likely patch sensors or try crash stop A3 paper partly in the fuser and see where image is mis-registering.

jamaicapepe
10-03-2020, 04:33 PM
You need to get rid of P-21 so you can do gradation adj

I would start with making sure the IDC sensors are clean & shutter opening ok.

Possible it needs at least the Magenta drum.
Swap the magenta drum unit with the Cyan drum unit and see if the Magenta over bleed turns to cyan. Then you will know original magenta drum is bad.

I can't seem to find the IDC sensors. As i see in the manual they should be under the 2nd transfer roller or am i wrong?

jamaicapepe
10-03-2020, 04:36 PM
Clean the patch sensors & then run 'initialise + stabilize in CE mode.

Hi! What do you mean by "patch sensors"? I can't find anywhere in service manual. Also CE mode = Service mode?

tsbservice
10-03-2020, 04:42 PM
I can't seem to find the IDC sensors. As i see in the manual they should be under the 2nd transfer roller or am i wrong?
They are under TBU(right side).

Hi! What do you mean by "patch sensors"? I can't find anywhere in service manual. Also CE mode = Service mode?

Patch sensors = IDC sensors

jamaicapepe
10-03-2020, 05:33 PM
Cleaning the IDC Sensors cleared the error and fixed the colors! So... a huge thanx to everyone!

Now there is another problem. I did a gradation test and it doesn't print black on the right side
of the page as you can see in the image i upload now.

As i said i have changed transfer belt recently and also changed the black drum.

Does anybody know what else should we check???

copier tech
10-03-2020, 05:42 PM
Cleaning the IDC Sensors cleared the error and fixed the colors! So... a huge thanx to everyone!

Now there is another problem. I did a gradation test and it doesn't print black on the right side
of the page as you can see in the image i upload now.

As i said i have changed transfer belt recently and also changed the black drum.

Does anybody know what else should we check???

Clean the printhead with the cleaning tool inside the front door & clean the black charge wire & grid.

jamaicapepe
10-03-2020, 06:23 PM
Clean the printhead with the cleaning tool inside the front door & clean the black charge wire & grid.

I will try on Monday and report back with the results. Once again thanx to everyone who helped!

Custom Search