PDA

View Full Version : Jamming Bizhub C558 J9901

Custom Search

copier tech
10-06-2020, 03:02 PM
Hi all,

But stuck fighting this one, intermittent J9901 from all 4 trays. Seems to be OK on landscape but jams very frequently if paper is load portrait.

Machine has over a million on the total counter & replaced all the feed rollers no change.

srvctec
10-06-2020, 03:09 PM
I'm betting it's vertical rollers worn so bad it can't grab the paper tight enough to feed reliably. Of course, by now I would think you'd know to say SEF or LEF vs. the very confusing landscape/portrait vernacular which can be interpreted either way for each one. Just some good-natured ribbing! ;)

If in fact, LEF feeds better than SEF, I stand by my first statement.

EarthKmTech
10-06-2020, 09:50 PM
Hi all,

But stuck fighting this one, intermittent J9901 from all 4 trays. Seems to be OK on landscape but jams very frequently if paper is load portrait.

Machine has over a million on the total counter & replaced all the feed rollers no change.

check that the registration actuator at the registration roller is *consistantly* moving freely and returning back quickly and not lazily.

remove and clean if required.

copier tech
10-11-2020, 06:59 PM
I'm betting it's vertical rollers worn so bad it can't grab the paper tight enough to feed reliably. Of course, by now I would think you'd know to say SEF or LEF vs. the very confusing landscape/portrait vernacular which can be interpreted either way for each one. Just some good-natured ribbing! ;)

If in fact, LEF feeds better than SEF, I stand by my first statement.

​I think portrait/landscape is a United Kingdom term, I worked for Canon & that is how they describe the paper orientation or they use A4/A4R.

​I've ordered the reg sensor, actuator & clutch.

tsbservice
10-11-2020, 07:31 PM
I think most universal would come SEF/LEF. It eliminates different paper standard/sizes plus landscape/portrait is more common in print drivers than in copier documents I know of.
Btw, good luck with error solving.

Synthohol
10-11-2020, 09:55 PM
22 years ago when I started this career the terminology was letter or letter r
Apparently this was too much for people so the long edge\short edge first started to take the guesswork out of the letter r for rotated.
Next it will be called the 11" or 8.5" side because people can't adapt to shit.
216x279 for the folks across the great pond lol because A4 is taller and thinner than our paper.

srvctec
10-13-2020, 05:36 PM
22 years ago when I started this career the terminology was letter or letter r
Apparently this was too much for people so the long edge\short edge first started to take the guesswork out of the letter r for rotated.
Next it will be called the 11" or 8.5" side because people can't adapt to shit.
216x279 for the folks across the great pond lol because A4 is taller and thinner than our paper.

Wait, "Letter R" meant rotated? Back when I started in 1988 Letter R meant Letter Reduction, meaning the lead edge had to be 8 1/2" because when you reduced with analog machines, the lens moving and scanner speed combined to make the reduction only fit if the lead edge was narrow (8 1/2").

In any case, I think LEF and SEF are the easiest and most universal, leaving no room for confusion.

Hope you get the issue resolved, @copier tech!

copier tech
10-13-2020, 08:36 PM
Wait, "Letter R" meant rotated? Back when I started in 1988 Letter R meant Letter Reduction, meaning the lead edge had to be 8 1/2" because when you reduced with analog machines, the lens moving and scanner speed combined to make the reduction only fit if the lead edge was narrow (8 1/2").

In any case, I think LEF and SEF are the easiest and most universal, leaving no room for confusion.

Hope you get the issue resolved, @copier tech!

Yes 'R' does indeed stand for reduction as I say Canon still use this term.

Regarding this issue I replaced the registration parts in the pic.

Looking at the reg arm its worn down I suspect this was the cause.

EarthKmTech
10-15-2020, 01:28 PM
wow this thread went off on a wild tangent.

I like to use the term short edge feed and long edge feed - but people look at me blankly when I use these terms and end up having to revert to using the terms landscape and portrait also. We arent dealing with paintings here - SEF and LEF should be it.

copier tech
10-15-2020, 01:33 PM
wow this thread went off on a wild tangent.

I like to use the term short edge feed and long edge feed - but people look at me blankly when I use these terms and end up having to revert to using the terms landscape and portrait also. We arent dealing with paintings here - SEF and LEF should be it.

I think it depends if you’re talking to an engineer or an end user.

EarthKmTech
10-15-2020, 09:45 PM
I think it depends if you’re talking to an engineer or an end user.

Sadly, half the techs I work with don't know what I'm talking about most of the time anyway ;)

Custom Search