PDA

View Full Version : A4 recognition from glass bizhub c284e

Custom Search

Bix
10-12-2020, 09:17 AM
hi, I have a c284e which does not recognize A4 size when placed on the scanner glass. "Unable to detect original size" signal. The trick would be to set default to A4 and then the client can change. But I would like to understand if there is any calibration or check that I can do to fix the problem.

EarthKmTech
10-12-2020, 09:39 AM
if the scanner is not bent, theres no scratches in the original glass at the detection area, the mirrors are clean, the non image area erase has been performed and the angle switch at the back side of the scanner is working you are probably looking at a failing ccd. Unless someone has seriously screwed around with the original glass scanner position adjustments.

Make sure the scanner lamp is illuminating the original just before the adf is closed as this is when the original size is looked at by the stationary scanner to measure the width. Long originals are by the 2 optical sensors over to the right.

blackcat4866
10-12-2020, 11:31 PM
if the scanner is not bent, theres no scratches in the original glass at the detection area, the mirrors are clean, the non image area erase has been performed and the angle switch at the back side of the scanner is working you are probably looking at a failing ccd. Unless someone has seriously screwed around with the original glass scanner position adjustments.

Make sure the scanner lamp is illuminating the original just before the adf is closed as this is when the original size is looked at by the stationary scanner to measure the width. Long originals are by the 2 optical sensors over to the right.

I've found the mounting brackets for those original detection sensors bent by a customer that "cleans their own optics". This is an excellent reason not to teach endusers how to clean optics. =^..^=

tsbservice
10-13-2020, 06:48 AM
I've found the mounting brackets for those original detection sensors bent by a customer that "cleans their own optics". This is an excellent reason not to teach endusers how to clean optics. =^..^=
BC, think EKMtech mean those 2 sensors - position 2 and 3(option). Those reading original length (sub-scanning direction) when original is put on the glass.

blackcat4866
10-13-2020, 10:51 PM
BC, think EKMtech mean those 2 sensors - position 2 and 3(option). Those reading original length (sub-scanning direction) when original is put on the glass.

hmmm.

I couldn't find the reference, but I did find this:

bizhub C224e, C284e, C364e, Zeus3MLK/ 2MLK/ 1MLK

"Original left on the glass." message when using DF. Off the glass LTR original size is detected as LGR, LTR-R originals are detected as LGL.

Faulty readings from original size detection sensor PS204. Sensor may have gotten wet. Salt stains on the PWB.

Monitor sensor state in Service Mode > State Confirmation > Sensor Check > pg 14 > original size detection 1 > 0: unblocked, 1: blocked. Adjust VR sensitivity until 0 output is achieved with glass installed, 1 output with paper present.

=^..^=

tsbservice
10-14-2020, 07:12 AM
hmmm.

I couldn't find the reference, but I did find this:

bizhub C224e, C284e, C364e, Zeus3MLK/ 2MLK/ 1MLK

"Original left on the glass." message when using DF. Off the glass LTR original size is detected as LGR, LTR-R originals are detected as LGL.

Faulty readings from original size detection sensor PS204. Sensor may have gotten wet. Salt stains on the PWB.

Monitor sensor state in Service Mode > State Confirmation > Sensor Check > pg 14 > original size detection 1 > 0: unblocked, 1: blocked. Adjust VR sensitivity until 0 output is achieved with glass installed, 1 output with paper present.

=^..^=

We may thinking of 2 different scenarios.
[Original left on glass.] is what you talk when using DF and [The original size cannot be detected. Select the paper size.] is another one when using copier glass.

Either ways I believe below are mentioned correct troubleshooting steps.

allan
10-14-2020, 07:57 AM
You can try to play around with <Original Size Detection> settings under <System1>.
Resolved issues like this before by simply toggling from Table1 to Table2 and then back to Table1 again.
Know it does not make sense but it worked before.
Some machines due to marketing areas have both the Sensor1 and Sensor2 installed.
Think Table2 is for fools cap.

If it has both sensors you can physically swap out the 2.

tsbservice
10-14-2020, 08:09 AM
Interesting.

12.14.6 Original Size Detection

(1) Copy Glass

(a) Use

• To change the size detection table for the document glass.

(b) Default setting

• The default setting varies depending on the marketing area.

(c) Setting item

• “Table1”

• Table2

NOTE

• Table 2 can be set only when original size sensor 2 is being mounted.

Gift
10-14-2020, 11:55 AM
I was told that a slightly dirty glass plate might cause this issue, even if it looks ok. Try clean both sides properly if the other setting-related hints doesn't help.

Bix
10-14-2020, 03:31 PM
You can try to play around with <Original Size Detection> settings under <System1>.
Resolved issues like this before by simply toggling from Table1 to Table2 and then back to Table1 again.
Know it does not make sense but it worked before.
Some machines due to marketing areas have both the Sensor1 and Sensor2 installed.
Think Table2 is for fools cap.

If it has both sensors you can physically swap out the 2.

This seems like a ridiculous solution but ... this just worked for me!

allan
10-15-2020, 12:58 AM
Told you it does not make any sense...
Glad it worked.

Phil B.
10-15-2020, 04:20 AM
This seems like a ridiculous solution but ... this just worked for me!You owe Allan a thanks button

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Bix
10-15-2020, 04:35 PM
definitely. This forum is my best tool bag. :D:D:D

tsbservice
10-15-2020, 06:14 PM
definitely. This forum is my best tool bag. :D:D:D
I think you're very popular here Brother. We need more good German engineering even coming from young lads :.

Custom Search