PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C368 No Matching Paper Size

Custom Search

setfree40
10-13-2020, 05:06 PM
I have this strange error with only some of a customer's C368 printers: while the other printers will allow users to manually select a paper tray to print from regardless of paper size, the one's they are having issue with are forcing them to load paper into the bypass tray and not showing the option of selecting any of the paper trays.

tsbservice
10-13-2020, 05:14 PM
Check this setting:

[User Settings]

[Printer Settings]

[Basic Settings]

[A4/A3 <- -> LTR/LGR Auto Switch]

setfree40
10-13-2020, 05:22 PM
The setting for [A4/A3 <- -> LTR/LGR Auto Switch] is ON.

blazebusiness
10-13-2020, 05:33 PM
I have this strange error with only some of a customer's C368 printers: while the other printers will allow users to manually select a paper tray to print from regardless of paper size, the one's they are having issue with are forcing them to load paper into the bypass tray and not showing the option of selecting any of the paper trays.

Make sure drawers are not set to special paper stock. If it is , set it to plain paper.

Other possible causes- the document to be printed is formatted to something other than available paper tray sizes.

There is not, as far as I know , a user setting to force it to choose to print on the closest available size. (would be nice to be proven wrong on this though-terrible that if the document format is off just a little it won't choose to auto print on a close size)

qbert69
10-13-2020, 05:33 PM
The setting for [A4/A3 <- -> LTR/LGR Auto Switch] is ON.What is original document size being printed or copied??? If copied, are the length & width sensors operating correctly in the document feeder?[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

setfree40
10-13-2020, 08:06 PM
All trays are set to plain paper, and usually the originals in the document are either 8.5 by 11W, 8.5 by 14W or 11 by 17W, or some other custom paper size, and I've already referred the users to check their page setup and printer properties options to make sure they select the right paper size without the "W". Even then, the problem I'm trying to address is when the "No Matching Paper Size" error shows up, its suppose to show the option of selecting any one of the paper trays regardless of paper size, but on some of the printers, it won't give that option and instead forces you to either delete the job or use the bypass tray.

copier tech
10-13-2020, 08:57 PM
All trays are set to plain paper, and usually the originals in the document are either 8.5 by 11W, 8.5 by 14W or 11 by 17W, or some other custom paper size, and I've already referred the users to check their page setup and printer properties options to make sure they select the right paper size without the "W". Even then, the problem I'm trying to address is when the "No Matching Paper Size" error shows up, its suppose to show the option of selecting any one of the paper trays regardless of paper size, but on some of the printers, it won't give that option and instead forces you to either delete the job or use the bypass tray.

If the all the paper trays are set to plain & the document you are printing is also set to plain check auto tray select is on for each tray.

[Utility]
[User Settings]
[System Settings]
[Paper Tray Settings]
[Auto Tray Selection Settings]
When you have selected [Auto] in [Paper], select target paper trays for auto tray selection. Also, specify the priority for the paper trays.

Descriptions of Functions / Utility Keys (https://manuals.konicaminolta.eu/bizhub-C658-C558-C458-C368-C308-C258/EN/bizhub-c658-c558-c458-c368-c308-c258/contents/opkey_297_S.html?k=paper%20tray)

progoffice
10-13-2020, 09:38 PM
Here's a setting we've used recently to help a job print when all other obvious solutions were tried. It might be worth a try.

[Utility]

[Administrator Settings]

[System Settings]

When printing data from a computer using the [B]Bypass Tray, select whether to apply the paper size and paper type specified in the printer driver.
Selecting [Driver Priority] puts the settings configured in the printer driver ahead of the paper size and paper type of the Bypass Tray that are specified on this machine.
[Driver Priority] is specified by default.

copiray
06-16-2021, 10:18 AM
Here's a setting we've used recently to help a job print when all other obvious solutions were tried. It might be worth a try.

[Utility]

[Administrator Settings]

[System Settings]

When printing data from a computer using the [B]Bypass Tray, select whether to apply the paper size and paper type specified in the printer driver.
Selecting [Driver Priority] puts the settings configured in the printer driver ahead of the paper size and paper type of the Bypass Tray that are specified on this machine.
[Driver Priority] is specified by default.

I can't find this menu on my printer

Synthohol
06-16-2021, 02:24 PM
the print job properties are set for 11x17 wide not standard 11x17.
looks like user error when sending the job.

emujo2
06-16-2021, 02:59 PM
11x17W is 11.2 X17.2 The trays will not support this size. If print dialog box is set to choose paper source by PDF size then it will force any jobs to go to bypass tray. I do not have the time to create a 11 x 17 W and test it. For copies you should be able to specify all copies go to a specific tray, but you may lose some of the image. E

blackcat4866
06-16-2021, 06:15 PM

I had quite a hard time with this on bizhub PRO950s at a school district. The print driver drop down for size listed the 'W' wide paper sizes at the top of the list, and waaaayyy down at the bottom of the list, off the screen was US Letter and Ledger. The teachers usually selected the 8 1/2 x 11W size in the print driver, then when it wouldn't select Letter paper they would manually change the programmed size to the "W" size on the copier, so it didn't work for everybody else.

Every single service call I had to discuss this with 2 or 3 users, and change the sizes back. =^..^=

Synthohol
06-16-2021, 09:17 PM
11x17W is 11.2 X17.2 The trays will not support this size. If print dialog box is set to choose paper source by PDF size then it will force any jobs to go to bypass tray. I do not have the time to create a 11 x 17 W and test it. For copies you should be able to specify all copies go to a specific tray, but you may lose some of the image. E

In the app screen they should have fit to page checked not pdf size.

CP-1015
06-17-2021, 06:44 AM
If "Marketing Area" isn't correct you have problems with paper size, too.

Gift
06-17-2021, 12:49 PM
What kind of document and application triggers this? Seems the MFP just try to perform according to what the print job is asking for.

Zesti
06-21-2021, 10:23 AM
Valuable information............no body seems to notice...

emujo2
06-21-2021, 03:57 PM
Valuable information............no body seems to notice...

I think you are the only one that did not notice that the fact of 11x17W is the media size. There have been several answers addressing this. The poster is saying on some C368,s the machine just prints it on whatever is in the tray, and on the one in question it asks for paper to be loaded in the bypass tray, but thanks for your valued input.

Synthohol
06-21-2021, 07:22 PM
11x17 is the paper in the tray, the user is selecting 11x17W which is not in the machine.
It's a pebcak issue.
At least that's what I see.

Custom Search