PDA

View Full Version : FS533 Gripper on one side only

Custom Search

Genotrom
10-14-2020, 03:45 PM
hi, i have a client with FS533 and bizhub 308.
He says he stopped pinching on one side. He says he tried to change the refill from another same printer but with the same result.
No error codes or weird problems. The customer is a long way off and I would like to be prepared for what the problem could be. In your opinion, what could cause the caliper only on one side?
Thank you!

blackcat4866
10-15-2020, 01:25 AM
Something lost in the translation: Are we talking about the stapler? =^..^=

Genotrom
10-15-2020, 07:52 AM
Something lost in the translation: Are we talking about the stapler? =^..^=

accurate, the stapler. When they double staple, it only staples on one side while on the other it leaves a mark on the paper.

Gift
10-15-2020, 09:23 AM
Plenty of possibilities, perhaps the exit tray is misaligned due to harsh handling or there's something bad with that paddle things that pulls the paper back to the stapler. Or it's something easy like a foreign object / piece of paper. If it's a long drive I'd check if you can take another FS533 with you in case you can strip some used C308 from your storage.

Bix
10-15-2020, 11:33 AM
try rotate the rollers. there may be some pieces of paper.

EarthKmTech
10-15-2020, 01:34 PM
number one problem on these crappy finishers is the black plastic spring loaded actuator that hangs down from the top in the middle. it has an adheasive rubber strip on it that gets bunched up at the tip and ends up trapping the actuator or flipping it in the wrong direction. Peel the rubber off and it never happens again. It can also get a bit of paper trapped under it causing the stacked sheets to never come back in far enough for correct stapling. It can also cause all kinds of weird and wonderful jam codes especially if you have the punch kit installed. It can cause jams registered at the punch area causing serious head scratching. We have these p.o.s. finishers in public use vending machines - if it can go wrong, i have seen it and fixed it. The metal guide on the front of the stapler can tear too causing the sheets to not enter it correctly.

Genotrom
10-15-2020, 03:23 PM
Hi thank you so much! But I am not very clear what you are referring to @EarthKmTech. I tried to take everything apart, but I couldn't find any adhesive rubber. Thanks again!! I tried to disassemble an FS533 here in the lab. Here some photos:
stepler2 — ImgBB (https://ibb.co/0Q94PHG)
stepler1 — ImgBB (https://ibb.co/0Q8YTvz)

Genotrom
10-19-2020, 08:28 AM
Good morning, I went to the place.
I preferred to replace the FS533. Calmly in the laboratory I analyzed the finisher and I identified the problem. The sheets come out slightly crooked and before stapling, the caliper does not poke the paper on the opposite side.
Anyone have any ideas on how I can adjust this tilt? If I move the paper backwards, adjusting the inclination with my hand, FS533 can staple without problem.

Bix
10-19-2020, 04:17 PM
I advise you to replace the rollers in the alignment section. The rollers may be very worn. Here are the codes:
AAC9PP0900 x1 (roller assy)
AAC9PP1000 x1 (roller assy)
A2YUPPF001 x1 (arm - has undergone modifications)

allan
10-20-2020, 01:18 AM
Check if the rubber paddles that needs to push the paper back against the stoppers are there.
Running the finisher with the door open should give you a nice view of what could be wrong.

Genotrom
10-20-2020, 03:45 PM
Hi, I have removed all covers. I see the paper in output is skewed.
So I'll replay alignment rollers.
Its are very worn out. I'll update you soon

Genotrom
10-21-2020, 03:41 PM
Hello, I replaced the alignment rollers and it seems the problem is now solved!
I am out of luck, I broke a plastic hook during disassembly. I'll try to replace the piece or use the attack

Custom Search