View Full Version : Pattern on prints shows up on black C454e

Custom Search

positiveg
10-14-2020, 10:00 PM
So here were are guys
Black drum new
Black developer new
Cyan drum new
Developer installed two days ago the drums today.
Now sure why I have those pattern prints to be honest. Could it be the IBT? Installed a new blade a few days ago when thought the blade was the issue.
Really don't know what going on. This printer been so reliable https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201014/2bc5779b7e43a42d0e98560265f47cd2.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201014/288450d25e9b26cd706c64c6c0e404d4.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201014/67b6c238f5db850a77e4ee0d5d83ebd8.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201014/01243705229cb8d777219e462736f6c8.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201014/e539bc5f6139bb6a33b0898211f5064b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Phil B.
10-14-2020, 10:09 PM
So here were are guys
Black drum new
Black developer new
Cyan drum new
Developer installed two days ago the drums today.
Now sure why I have those pattern prints to be honest. Could it be the IBT? Installed a new blade a few days ago when thought the blade was the issue.
Really don't know what going on. This printer been so reliable https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201014/2bc5779b7e43a42d0e98560265f47cd2.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201014/288450d25e9b26cd706c64c6c0e404d4.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201014/67b6c238f5db850a77e4ee0d5d83ebd8.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201014/01243705229cb8d777219e462736f6c8.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201014/e539bc5f6139bb6a33b0898211f5064b.jpg

brand NEW OEM dev unit?

was it initialized ?

OEM genuine toner?

did you clean all electrical contacts before installing dev unit?

how does the belt look?

is the image on the belt like that

is the image on the drums like that

Phil B. ' The Dentist '

Synthohol
10-14-2020, 10:38 PM
replace the white cap on the toner hopper and install a new DV unit and warranty this one.
also check the slide door to see if toner can even enter the DV unit (corrugated tube).

positiveg
10-14-2020, 10:42 PM
see below thanks

brand NEW OEM dev unit? Genuine

was it initialized ? ? installed and the machine picked it up as new

OEM genuine toner? Nah Genuine

did you clean all electrical contacts before installing dev unit? didn't check

how does the belt look? kinda ok no marks really it is relatively new, was replaced a few months ago.

is the image on the belt like that not sure will a stop print

is the image on the drums like that will check

Phil B. ' The Dentist '

qbert69
10-14-2020, 10:54 PM
That looks like the auger pattern from the dev unit!!![emoji15]

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

BillyCarpenter
10-14-2020, 10:59 PM
It's possible that you have a faulty new DV unit. But I'd like to know if you got the exact same pattern with the old DV unit. If so, that would make me skeptical that the new DV is bad.

Edit: I'd start with a couple of basic checks:

- Make sure the mag roller is turning. You can do this by wiping off all the DV/toner from the mag roller and then running a copy and pulling the DV unit out to see if it's now covered. If not, you've got a broken gear somewhere or a clutch problem.

- Check the DV bias voltage to make sure it matches what the manual says.

positiveg
10-15-2020, 12:34 AM
I actually csnt recall getting this pattern with the old developer unit. Good thing I didn't throw it away. In fact got the old drum too. But I think that old black drum might be an issue.
When you say mag u mean the magenta developer correct?
I don't get any issues with reds etc but I'll let yoy guys know for sure.
This is crazy that it could be a brand new dev unit and getting this issue.

blackcat4866
10-15-2020, 12:36 AM
Please measure: What interval on the pattern in millimeters? =^..^=

BillyCarpenter
10-15-2020, 12:43 AM
I actually csnt recall getting this pattern with the old developer unit. Good thing I didn't throw it away. In fact got the old drum too. But I think that old black drum might be an issue.

No, I mean the magnetic roller on the black DV unit. It's the roller that you can see and it's coated with developer and toner. Take the black DV out and wipe off all the developer until there is none left. Reinstall the DV unit and make a copy. Take the DV out again and look at the magnetic roller. If it's not coated with developer you have lost rotation somewhere in the DV drive train.

Phil B.
10-15-2020, 12:59 AM

mag = magnetic roller.. every dev unit has one it transfers toner to the drum.

are you a tech? that is common lingo

allan
10-15-2020, 01:13 AM
Could be the bushing.

That drum unit sucked the developer right out of the tank.
Had it where a defect on the charge grid will suck the developer out right on the edge of the drum.
Could be a dev bias contact issue.

Does it continuously add toner and and dump it into the waste box?

Also make sure the image process adjust setting are all on 0.
Like TCR level and image background adjust.

positiveg
10-15-2020, 01:48 AM
Just got back to the shop.
Staff threw out old dev unit, damn damn damn.

So I'll have to just stick with this.
I'll clean the connections and I'll also measure the space. Anything else I'll let the tech do.
Thanks again

BillyCarpenter
10-15-2020, 01:51 AM
On a side note: As a rule of thumb, you should always print out test copies on arrival before you do anything. That means print out all of your solids and graduation scales. I also like to print out a blank (solid white) page. Always set those test prints to the side and then proceed to correcting any problem found. If you fail to do that and you introduce a problem to the machine, you'll never know because you didn't make the necessary test prints on arrival. Another reason for doing this is you may find a problem that wasn't reported by the customer and you can correct it while you're there.

Had you of done this, you could easily compare the old DV unit to the new one.

positiveg
10-15-2020, 02:02 AM
No, I mean the magnetic roller on the black DV unit. It's the roller that you can see and it's coated with developer and toner. Take the black DV out and wipe off all the developer until there is none left. Reinstall the DV unit and make a copy. Take the DV out again and look at the magnetic roller. If it's not coated with developer you have lost rotation somewhere in the DV drive train.Oh yeah yeah. Got you. Yeah would do that with my Xerox C75 too. Had something similar never thought of that seeing that this DV unit is brand new.

positiveg
10-15-2020, 02:04 AM
Could be the bushing.

That drum unit sucked the developer right out of the tank.
Had it where a defect on the charge grid will suck the developer out right on the edge of the drum.
Could be a dev bias contact issue.

Does it continuously add toner and and dump it into the waste box?

Also make sure the image process adjust setting are all on 0.
Like TCR level and image background adjust.Can't tell you of it dumps extra back into the waste toner box. But I'llake every attempt, with he tech of course to look at all the options presented

positiveg
10-15-2020, 02:05 AM
Please measure: What interval on the pattern in millimeters? =^..^=Between each one it's about 100mm apart

BillyCarpenter
10-15-2020, 02:14 AM
Just got back to the shop.
Staff threw out old dev unit, damn damn damn.

So I'll have to just stick with this.
I'll clean the connections and I'll also measure the space. Anything else I'll let the tech do.
Thanks again

I'm not trying to nick-pick, but you sound relatively inexperienced? Did you leave the DV unit on your workbench or did you just leave it laying randomly around the shop? No one is supposed to touch anything left on a tech's workbench. That's a BIG no-no.

If you are inexperienced, you need to develop good habits like making test prints before you work on the machine and make sure you put parts somewhere that they won't be thrown away. This will make life much easier in the future.

positiveg
10-15-2020, 02:27 AM
Pulled the DV unit and look at it https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201015/030b9d21de1327e2e21fc2694d195845.jpg

positiveg
10-15-2020, 02:59 AM
After cleaning it off and turning sea like there's actually little dev powder in there or the mag roller just not working well cause even after cleaning it off I still get the se pattern on the prints. Now this hurts. And I'm so sorry the staff tosses the old one out on the weekend. We usually keep them there for a while but guyss was in the wrong storage area and got tossed.

positiveg
10-15-2020, 03:15 AM
I'm not trying to nick-pick, but you sound relatively inexperienced? Did you leave the DV unit on your workbench or did you just leave it laying randomly around the shop? No one is supposed to touch anything left on a tech's workbench. That's a BIG no-no.

If you are inexperienced, you need to develop good habits like making test prints before you work on the machine and make sure you put parts somewhere that they won't be thrown away. This will make life much easier in the future.I'm not a tech I'm the owner I know a few things I can install stuff etc. The old DV was placed in box and in the back of the shop we usually have an area for storage etc
I did do a test print saw it and because there was somethung else wrong with the drum I never paid it muchind till I got the new drum in today then realise we aren't getting solid black. Well seems as if the mag on the new unit is really bad. So means spending more money again. I'll send the supplier a photo they are aware. But this hurt cause I had it shipped to the island via FedEx and it's not cheap shipping here priority

Synthohol
10-15-2020, 03:42 AM
i went through 5 black DVs because of that white bushing i posted earlier. installed new bushing and DV and problem was fixed.
it just empties out the unit, it sucked. literally! hehe

BillyCarpenter
10-15-2020, 07:11 AM
Pulled the DV unit and look at it https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201015/030b9d21de1327e2e21fc2694d195845.jpg

If that's a new DV unit and it's already depleted, you need to check the waste toner bottle. Take a magnetic tip screwdriver and stick it in the waste toner and see if it sticks.

positiveg
10-15-2020, 11:55 AM
Thanks much, ok I'll check for these things. Where's the bushing though?
And are all developer powder practically the same?
Gonna take me about 4-5 days to get powder here on Island. And my C75 down for repairs I have powder for that lol

Synthohol
10-15-2020, 01:01 PM
Where's the bushing though?
download the toner seal document i posted a couple pages ago in this thread.

positiveg
10-15-2020, 03:26 PM
Hey @BillyCarpenter yep it sticks like crap to shoes lol.
So it seems as if all leaked out in there.

positiveg
10-15-2020, 03:28 PM
@Synthohol thank. I'll go look for it. Appreciate the help guys.

So again another far out question would yiu guys try another developer in there. Then just replace it with the one when I get it on Island?

BillyCarpenter
10-15-2020, 05:13 PM

So again another far out question would yiu guys try another developer in there. Then just replace it with the one when I get it on Island?

I haven't been able to gain the information needed to help you. I saw a pic of the DV unit you pulled. But is that what the mag roller looked like right after you pulled it or did you wipe it off some? Also, did you spin the mag roller by hand to see if it would coat the mage roller and form a nice brush? If so, you can't hold the DV unit the way way it shows in your picture.

To be honest, you may be better off calling a tech to fix the problem. And, no, I wouldn't install another DV unit in the machine because it sounds like it's pulling DV to the waste toner bottle...but I'm not 100% certain about that from your answer.

tsbservice
10-15-2020, 06:46 PM

I don't recommend putting another developer into machine especially from other brand. Besides your new developer unit would quickly finish in WTB if Synthohol is right(like 90%). Your best bet for short time is to take developer from WTB with help of magnet then fill up developer unit remove bushings and clean them or atleast one for black unit. You may get some results that way waiting for new bushing and K developer unit.

positiveg
10-15-2020, 06:57 PM
I haven't been able to gain the information needed to help you. I saw a pic of the DV unit you pulled. But is that what the mag roller looked like right after you pulled it or did you wipe it off some? Also, did you spin the mag roller by hand to see if it would coat the mage roller and form a nice brush? If so, you can't hold the DV unit the way way it shows in your picture.

To be honest, you may be better off calling a tech to fix the problem. And, no, I wouldn't install another DV unit in the machine because it sounds like it's pulling DV to the waste toner bottle...but I'm not 100% certain about that from your answer.

Yes that's just how the DV unit looked when I pulled it out. Didn't wipe off any
When i turn the rollers, very little powder is stuck to it then nothing again.
When I checked the waste toner cartridge, by putting in a screwdriver you could see the powder stuck to it
So as pointed put could be a bushing issue.

positiveg
10-15-2020, 06:59 PM
I don't recommend putting another developer into machine especially from other brand. Besides your new developer unit would quickly finish in WTB if Synthohol is right(like 90%). Your best bet for short time is to take developer from WTB with help of magnet then fill up developer unit remove bushings and clean them or atleast one for black unit. You may get some results that way waiting for new bushing and K developer unit.

ok let me see if I can get a bushing for the unit and also a new K powder

I don't think there is enough in there to get any reasonable prints to be honest.

tsbservice
10-15-2020, 07:21 PM
ok let me see if I can get a bushing for the unit and also a new K powder

I don't think there is enough in there to get any reasonable prints to be honest.

1. All missing powder should lay in WTB.
2. Don't just replace powder replace developer unit. K one is dirt cheap.
This is very important new unit will do new release and will initialize machine readings for proper tune up, calibration and gradations. Otherwise you're asking for troubles.

positiveg
10-16-2020, 01:10 AM

Thanks for the assistance,
I'm guessing the bushings could also be changed.
If so can you provide me with the part number
?

Synthohol
10-17-2020, 04:15 AM
Error codes C2551, C2553, C2555 and C2557 are related to abnormal low toner density.
Root Cause
Toner is leaking from the toner seal onto the bushing of the transfer screw.

Workaround/Fix
Replace the toner seal (p/n A5C1RA0000).

femaster
10-17-2020, 05:51 AM
Error codes C2551, C2553, C2555 and C2557 are related to abnormal low toner density.
Root Cause
Toner is leaking from the toner seal onto the bushing of the transfer screw.

Workaround/Fix
Replace the toner seal (p/n A5C1RA0000).

I've had luck with just removing the white part and cleaning it and the auger chamber out. I've only come across this issue on 2 machines (both on the black hopper) and have never replaced a part yet. The one I remember the most happened at about 80K pages. Since cleaning, it is up over 550K now and never had the problem come back.

Even if it was cleaned out as a temporary fix, it should last quite a while afterwards.

positiveg
10-17-2020, 11:11 AM
I've had luck with just removing the white part and cleaning it and the auger chamber out. I've only come across this issue on 2 machines (both on the black hopper) and have never replaced a part yet. The one I remember the most happened at about 80K pages. Since cleaning, it is up over 550K now and never had the problem come back.

Even if it was cleaned out as a temporary fix, it should last quite a while afterwards.Thanks. Too.
I am trying to get some developer back on Island. Then will confirm if this work.
I'm also going to try another user here comment here where they say to try getting the developer powder from the WTB until such time.
I'm in my 'By all means necessaryv mode thanks

positiveg
10-17-2020, 11:20 AM
I've searched for the part number and still haven't been able to find a seller of the part. There's this store I usually get my stuff from it's not showing.
Kinda strange to not have another place selling parts,.
Anyway will share the results of the cleanup plan is to work on it tomorrow.

suomi
10-17-2020, 08:32 PM
I once had ALL the develop unit look the same. Need to replace the high voltage card & then new dv units..
Old dv unit is dead. The device cannot adjust the defective one. Wonderfully expensive...

positiveg
10-18-2020, 06:55 PM
Thanks to @Synthohol (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/members/synthohol.html) and others who really assisted
Well today i cleaned out the bushings, thanks again man for the illustration
And I added some dev powder back into the unit and I'm getting blacks
Don't know how long it may last but I'm hoping for the best till the main printer is back up and running then can take a good look at this one
Please see the scans of the print test
thanks again all

Synthohol
10-18-2020, 07:12 PM
if you use OEM toner, there is developer mixed in with the bottle that replenishes small amounts that get trashed during normal use.
it will balance itself eventually i hope.
good luck!

positiveg
10-18-2020, 08:29 PM
if you use OEM toner, there is developer mixed in with the bottle that replenishes small amounts that get trashed during normal use.
it will balance itself eventually i hope.
good luck!
Konika
Thinking of getting another once things pick back up business wise
only drawback there are no Konika service on island here.

Synthohol
10-18-2020, 09:34 PM
dont know if they would send anyone from PR but here are the authorized dealers from there, its the closest i could find.

Document Support, Inc.
Ave. Iturregui MM-7 Calle 420
Carolina, PR 00982
Phone: 787-294-9663
Email: ilevi@dsincpr.com

IGM Corp.
Carretera 199 Km 1.2
Bo. Los Frailes
Guaynabo, PR 00969
Phone: 787-622-0850
Email: jirizarry@igmpr.com

Caribbean Data Systems, Inc.

636 Av. San Patricio
San Juan, PR 00920
Phone: 787-774-6969
Email: jmustelier@caribbeandata.com

positiveg
10-18-2020, 11:44 PM
dont know if they would send anyone from PR but here are the authorized dealers from there, its the closest i could find.

Document Support, Inc.
Ave. Iturregui MM-7 Calle 420
Carolina, PR 00982
Phone: 787-294-9663
Email: ilevi@dsincpr.com

IGM Corp.
Carretera 199 Km 1.2
Bo. Los Frailes
Guaynabo, PR 00969
Phone: 787-622-0850
Email: jirizarry@igmpr.com

Caribbean Data Systems, Inc.

636 Av. San Patricio
San Juan, PR 00920
Phone: 787-774-6969
Email: jmustelier@caribbeandata.com

thanks much
Yeah I'm sure they'll send a tech once you're willing to pay for it lol .
Think I've heard of Caribbean Data Sys, think they are HP dealers also.

REGSIS
10-20-2020, 07:48 AM
Thanks to @Synthohol (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/members/synthohol.html) and others who really assisted
Well today i cleaned out the bushings, thanks again man for the illustration
And I added some dev powder back into the unit and I'm getting blacks
Don't know how long it may last but I'm hoping for the best till the main printer is back up and running then can take a good look at this one
Please see the scans of the print test
thanks again all

Good result!
Regarding the white bushing - worn one can cause c2557 abnormal low toner K density, but then machine will stop and (in theory) should not cause developer loss. K output will be faint as toner density will be 1% or 2%.
When you take out the bushing and look inside, you will see toner. In that case replace it. If it's clean then it's not necessary. Replace with modified ones - metal bearnig inside.

Regarding developer - permanent magnet on magnet roller should hold back developer, and bias voltage from HV board should hold back toner.
In theory HV board failure will result in solid black (or colour) image (no Vb or no Vg). It will not suck out developer. Voltages can be checked in State confirmation --》 Table number.
Only sparks from worn drums can take it out little by little.

Using OEM toner will recouperate developer and after few thousands prints brush on magnet roller will be perfect again.

Custom Search