PDA

View Full Version : Konica c454e problem

Custom Search

Xehe
10-20-2020, 06:22 PM
Hi,

I have a problem with a C454e that i gave to a dog rescue here in Sweden. A guy at my company reseted the printer and it was fully working before we moved it to their place.
But it wont print now. I think it might be the FW? I know for sure it need the animated guide FW. But is there more for the printer?

When i try to copy or print it just say "print cancel" in joblist. When i go to service menu and do a testprint it prints. So im totaly lost.

I reseted the user/account authentication. And tried with making it public. But it wont print anything.

So im woundering, can it refuse to print thanks to lacking the FW? And can someone sort me out with them?

Is there any tips i can do to continue my work with fixing it for them?

My English isnt the best i know, but i hope you guys can understand me anyway.

Regards Robin

tulintron
10-20-2020, 06:29 PM
Hi,

I have a problem with a C454e that i gave to a dog rescue here in Sweden. A guy at my company reseted the printer and it was fully working before we moved it to their place.
But it wont print now. I think it might be the FW? I know for sure it need the animated guide FW. But is there more for the printer?

When i try to copy or print it just say "print cancel" in joblist. When i go to service menu and do a testprint it prints. So im totaly lost.

I reseted the user/account authentication. And tried with making it public. But it wont print anything.

So im woundering, can it refuse to print thanks to lacking the FW? And can someone sort me out with them?

Regards Robin
Your printer is definitely not without FW. Movie data only. Resetting the printer does not disable user authentication.
This can be the problem that does not let the prints out.

tsbservice
10-20-2020, 06:55 PM
Check in service mode(System 2) if HDD shows as Installed.

Xehe
10-20-2020, 07:05 PM
I will go there tomorrow again and give it a go. I will check if HDD is installed.

How do i disable user authentication then? Feels like i tried everything. Allowed in all options. And tried to make it public. Checked every youtube tips i can find. :D

Phil B.
10-20-2020, 07:12 PM
I will go there tomorrow again and give it a go. I will check if HDD is installed.

How do i disable user authentication then? Feels like i tried everything. Allowed in all options. And tried to make it public. Checked every youtube tips i can find. :D

ever thought about finding a service manual for it?

https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/service-manual-requests/

tsbservice
10-20-2020, 07:22 PM

In Admin mode under Security tab.

copier tech
10-20-2020, 09:11 PM
Hi,

Regards Robin

If the device was working before your guy reset the printer? find out EXACTLEY what he did.

It sounds like he formatted the HDD hence you getting the animation error, this won't stop the machine printing. However this could be hiding another warning, like image unit end of life etc.

Turn off user authentication & account track if you were using this at the previous location.

Xehe
10-21-2020, 08:54 PM
Check in service mode(System 2) if HDD shows as Installed.

Im here now, And HDD was marked on not installed

tsbservice
10-21-2020, 09:01 PM
Then set HDD to installed.

Xehe
10-21-2020, 09:13 PM
Then set HDD to installed.

I did. But there is no change..

femaster
10-22-2020, 01:26 AM
I did. But there is no change..

If you didn't already, you should reboot after changing to "installed". Not saying it's going to fix the problem, but just that it needs to be done.
You also didn't state if you disabled authentication as others have suggested. It sounds like that is probably your hold-up here.

allan
10-22-2020, 07:06 AM
Could be consumable out of life problem.

Sendragon
10-22-2020, 07:19 AM
Allan is right, i think you have to change the Life Stop Settings back to No Stop.

Xehe
10-22-2020, 10:50 AM
So i was over there and tried alot of stuff. But it didnt work. But as soon as i changed the life stop settings, it worked like a charm.

Thanks alot for al the tips and help! Now they can use it until it crashes i guess!

Custom Search