PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 283 jamming all the time

Custom Search

bgolpmp
10-21-2020, 03:47 AM
Good evening

I have a bizhub 283 that keeps jamming when I am trying to run some 80lb card stock. I have to do some 2 sided prints. I volunteer some printing for a non profit and hate to have them send this out and pay to have it done. It is always getting stuck in spot #1. I can't seem to change the settings to Thick paper because I need double sided prints. Any other thoughts???

Thanks

Andy

femaster
10-21-2020, 04:25 AM
Good evening

I have a bizhub 283 that keeps jamming when I am trying to run some 80lb card stock. I have to do some 2 sided prints. I volunteer some printing for a non profit and hate to have them send this out and pay to have it done. It is always getting stuck in spot #1. I can't seem to change the settings to Thick paper because I need double sided prints. Any other thoughts???

Thanks

Andy

If you are running 80lb card stock, you will need to run it through the bypass tray, on the thickest setting there is, and you will need to do manual duplexing (double sided). According to the specification sheet, the copier isn't designed to run anything higher than "55.75lb" paper, even through the bypass. There is no way you will ever get it to (nor is it designed to) duplex 80lb card stock.

tsbservice
10-21-2020, 06:45 PM
If you are running 80lb card stock, you will need to run it through the bypass tray, on the thickest setting there is, and you will need to do manual duplexing (double sided). According to the specification sheet, the copier isn't designed to run anything higher than "55.75lb" paper, even through the bypass. There is no way you will ever get it to (nor is it designed to) duplex 80lb card stock.

Are you sure that "55.75lb" paper is maximum through bypass feed. In spec sheet it says max is 210gsm which practicality is equal to 80lb. Of course it should be manually duplexed.

femaster
10-22-2020, 01:22 AM
Are you sure that "55.75lb" paper is maximum through bypass feed. In spec sheet it says max is 210gsm which practicality is equal to 80lb. Of course it should be manually duplexed.

I thought it was extremely strange as well, but according to the specification Sheet for the Bizhub 283, it states 16lb to 55.75lb (60-210g/m2). If 210 is close to 80lb, maybe it was a typo on the spec sheet? Screen capture attached.

tsbservice
10-22-2020, 05:59 AM
I thought it was extremely strange as well, but according to the specification Sheet for the Bizhub 283, it states 16lb to 55.75lb (60-210g/m2). If 210 is close to 80lb, maybe it was a typo on the spec sheet? Screen capture attached.

Honestly I dunno. Sounds like they miscalculated.
I used this calculator.
LBS to GSM (https://okpaper.com/toolbox/calculators/calc-lbs-gsm)

Custom Search