PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Printer offline when doing copies

Custom Search

XEROX_1111_TEC
10-21-2020, 05:08 PM
I need help
I have a Xerox Workcentre 7220 that is acting weird. I have xerox standard accounting active for copy service

When users use copy the machine stays offline. When that happens, i loose access via browser. It only solves by rebooting the machine.

Steps i have done:

- Reload software via altboot, with, desable_databackup and forced_updgrade
- I made a clone only on address book and exported the xerox standard accounting to csv file. No clonning on that.

The problem looked to be solved but, it come back.

Any suggestions to solve this issue?

slimslob
10-25-2020, 03:19 AM
Try posting in the actual brand X forum. https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/xerox/

XEROX_1111_TEC
10-25-2020, 12:18 PM
Try posting in the actual brand X forum. https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/xerox/

Ok i´ve done it.

Lewis-H
10-29-2020, 03:23 PM
Go to the Start icon on the bottom left of your screen then choose Control Panel and then Devices and Printers. Right click the printer in question and select “See what's printing”. From the window that opens choose “Printer” from the menu bar at the top. Select “Use Printer Online” from the drop down menu.

XEROX_1111_TEC
10-29-2020, 11:43 PM
Go to the Start icon on the bottom left of your screen then choose Control Panel and then Devices and Printers. Right click the printer in question and select “See what's printing”. From the window that opens choose “Printer” from the menu bar at the top. Select “Use Printer Online” from the drop down menu.

It is not the driver that stays offline, it is the printer, when that happens if I use ping on cmd it does not respond. I have to switch off and on again to get the printer online again

slimslob
10-30-2020, 12:28 AM
It is not the driver that stays offline, it is the printer, when that happens if I use ping on cmd it does not respond. I have to switch off and on again to get the printer online again

In the printer driver go to the Ports tab and click on Port Settings. If the SNMP Status Enabled is checked, it will cause this. With SNMP status enabled the driver randomly send out status queries. If the printer is delayed in responding due to heavy network traffic or the MFP being busy doing something else like making copies, the driver will go to an offline status until the power on the printer is cycled. No response to ping might be a bad port on the network switch or an old failing network switch.

XEROX_1111_TEC
10-30-2020, 12:38 AM
In the printer driver go to the Ports tab and click on Port Settings. If the SNMP Status Enabled is checked, it will cause this. With SNMP status enabled the driver randomly send out status queries. If the printer is delayed in responding due to heavy network traffic or the MFP being busy doing something else like making copies, the driver will go to an offline status until the power on the printer is cycled. No response to ping might be a bad port on the network switch or an old failing network switch.

it is not that, is when make a copy, not printing

slimslob
10-30-2020, 01:12 AM
it is not that, is when make a copy, not printing

Making a copy can cause an MFP reply late to an SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) query. This will cause the driver to report the printer as busy (offline).

XEROX_1111_TEC
10-30-2020, 05:51 PM
Making a copy can cause an MFP reply late to an SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) query. This will cause the driver to report the printer as busy (offline).

Ok but you´re not understanding what I mean.

When I make a copy, in the control panel of the printer, i the black bar, i get the information of device is offline. After that if i try to access via browser i can´t access, if i do a ping, it does not respond.

After going off and on, it is back online.

Phil B.
10-30-2020, 05:54 PM
are you sure you don't have a WSD port installed?

slimslob
10-30-2020, 06:05 PM
Ok but you´re not understanding what I mean.

When I make a copy, in the control panel of the printer, i the black bar, i get the information of device is offline. After that if i try to access via browser i can´t access, if i do a ping, it does not respond.

After going off and on, it is back online.

In other words, your initial post was totally inadequate and did not properly describe your actual problem.

XEROX_1111_TEC
10-30-2020, 07:33 PM

WSD is off. but the offline info apears in the display in the black bar.

XEROX_1111_TEC
10-31-2020, 03:41 PM

This is nothing to do with driver, or snmp or wsd.

I go to the machine and choose copy, I put my account code anda make a copy, after that it goes offline

XEROX_1111_TEC
10-31-2020, 03:45 PM

Guys, take a look at the picture, is copy service that I´m having trouble!

XEROX_1111_TEC
10-31-2020, 03:47 PM
In other words, your initial post was totally inadequate and did not properly describe your actual problem.

do you know what is a copy? I mean copy, not print, so the post is correct.

Phil B.
10-31-2020, 03:58 PM

seeing how most that have tried to help you have more years under our belts than you do... YES we know what a copy job is. You haven't even posted the config pages from the unit for us to analyze ...

frankly I think your comment is out of line.. SOMETIMES this job takes thinking OUTSIDE the box.

slimslob
10-31-2020, 04:05 PM

You failed in your initial post to mention that the "Off Line" was being displayed on the machine.

Phil B.
10-31-2020, 04:09 PM

Guys, take a look at the picture, is copy service that I´m having trouble!

this doesn't show the OFFLINE message

look at the title of your thread " Printer offline when doing copies " most units cannot print and copy at the same time..

look at your preferences for machine usage...

XEROX_1111_TEC
10-31-2020, 04:29 PM
this doesn't show the OFFLINE message

look at the title of your thread " Printer offline when doing copies " most units cannot print and copy at the same time..

look at your preferences for machine usage...

That picture is only an example.

XEROX_1111_TEC
10-31-2020, 04:38 PM
seeing how most that have tried to help you have more years under our belts than you do... YES we know what a copy job is. You haven't even posted the config pages from the unit for us to analyze ...

frankly I think your comment is out of line.. SOMETIMES this job takes thinking OUTSIDE the box.

Thinking outside the box is what I'm doing. But that doesn't mean to put in the table options that had no influence.

The only less correct initial info was about the off-line, but I've mentioned it in one my answers, that the off-line info was in controll panel.

The configuration pages were confronted with more five printers and are all equal, the only difference is xerox standar accounting. All printers have the same firmware.

Phil B.
10-31-2020, 04:40 PM

how can it be an example when it doesn't show the MESSAGE?

some system analyst/computer tech person you are. :mad::mad:

slimslob
10-31-2020, 05:16 PM

An example of what? Like Phil said, it does not show what you claim!

XEROX_1111_TEC
10-31-2020, 05:23 PM
An example of what? Like Phil said, it does not show what you claim!

An example of the service I'm talking about. The error is shown in the black notification bar and only says machine is offline

slimslob
10-31-2020, 05:26 PM
Thinking outside the box is what I'm doing. But that doesn't mean to put in the table options that had no influence.

Ignoring and insulting senior techs with years more experience than you is not think outside the box. t comes closer to have your head up your arse.

The only less correct initial info was about the off-line, but I've mentioned it in one my answers, that the off-line info was in controll panel.

And got mad when I pointed out that it should have been in your initial post.

The configuration pages were confronted with more five printers and are all equal, the only difference is xerox standar accounting. All printers have the same firmware.

Then why are you afraid to print the setting report and service so that those who are more experience can evaluate them. Afraid someone might find something that you are missing?

slimslob
10-31-2020, 05:30 PM
An example of the service I'm talking about. The error is shown in the black notification bar and only says machine is offline

What are you trying to hide that you are afraid to provide a picture of the "black notification bar" where it says "machine is offline"? Could it be that it doesn't exist and you are just blowing smoke out your ass?

XEROX_1111_TEC
10-31-2020, 05:31 PM
Then why are you afraid to print the setting report and service so that those who are more experience can evaluate them. Afraid someone might find something that you are missing?

Any problem at all, i just can do it know.

Phil B.
10-31-2020, 05:35 PM

no it says SELECT A SERVICE.. no error message at all.. do you even read what the hell you post? :mad::mad::mad:

BillyCarpenter
10-31-2020, 06:39 PM
I'll never understand why anyone would come here and ask for help and then argue when someone is trying to help. Very confusing.

Phil B.
10-31-2020, 06:43 PM
I'll never understand why anyone would come here and ask for help and then argue when someone is trying to help. Very confusing.

esp when the one mouthing off is a 2-10yr tech who refuses to post the info we need to help him.

XEROX_1111_TEC
10-31-2020, 08:22 PM
For once for all, i´m not arguing with anyone.

I wrote "Printer offline when doing copies (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/copier-technical-discussion/151973-printer-offline-when-doing-copies.html)" so it means an issue with copy service, if you insist to give chances that are only related to print service, why do I have to accept them all?

I was trying to tell, that´s nothing to do with printing or driver configurations, but was not easy to understand.

Ok, I should mention in the beginning of the post that the error appears in the display and not in the computer, but i gave that info after.

Another point, i never refuse to give more info like configuration report, i just can´t print wright now, even so, i gave you da info that i have compared with other 5 printers of the same model, and it was all equal.

At last, the picture that i have shared was only to explain for good that the problem is with copy and not with print.

All the solutions you gave are related to print, snmp and wsd, both deactivated.

So anyone had experienced a bug like that?

Phil B.
10-31-2020, 08:30 PM
For once for all, i´m not arguing with anyone.

I wrote "Printer offline when doing copies (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/copier-technical-discussion/151973-printer-offline-when-doing-copies.html)" so it means an issue with copy service, if you insist to give chances that are only related to print service, why do I have to accept them all?

I was trying to tell, that´s nothing to do with printing or driver configurations, but was not easy to understand.

Ok, I should mention in the beginning of the post that the error appears in the display and not in the computer, but i gave that info after.

Another point, i never refuse to give more info like configuration report, i just can´t print wright now, even so, i gave you da info that i have compared with other 5 printers of the same model, and it was all equal.

At last, the picture that i have shared was only to explain for good that the problem is with copy and not with print.

All the solutions you gave are related to print, snmp and wsd, both deactivated.

So anyone had experienced a bug like that?

NOWHERE did we say the message would be on the PC.. but your pics of the copier screen doesn't show the message in the black bar. *messgae bar*

no more help from me ( can't speak for others here ) UNTIL you print out and upload PDF's of said pages.

like I said 2 pages back... SHOW US THE ERROR LOG. Config page. look in the PRIORITIES PAGE.. see if there is Copy before print or sum such.

DONE

XEROX_1111_TEC
01-04-2021, 11:32 AM
I´ve tried to upload here the configuration page but it was not authorized by the company. So i´ve compared to the other printers one by one and it is all the same values.

Any clue to help me?

slimslob
01-04-2021, 05:08 PM
I´ve tried to upload here the configuration page but it was not authorized by the company. So i´ve compared to the other printers one by one and it is all the same values.

Any clue to help me?

"Not authorized" by what company? Print the pages we have asked for, scan them to single page pdf files (300 dpi resolution), attach the pdf files.

nealhiggins
02-11-2021, 11:39 AM
I've got the same problem but I asked expert for help, by the way you can do it as well just check custom-paper-writing.org feedback (https://best-essay-sites.com/review-of-custom-paper-writing-org)

Custom Search