PDA

View Full Version : CQ C2060L

Custom Search

kenpio
10-26-2020, 02:17 PM
So I have a customer that has this model. It was about 2 months ago that I replaced the black developer unit and developer. Well it happened again. The black developer went bye bye. The developer count was not even 1%. I know that these should be good for 1.2 million. Any input would be helpful, because there is nothing on KM website.

Thanks
KEN

mikeena
10-26-2020, 04:38 PM
Heres what i would do. remove process carriage. check what the toner looks like on the developer roller. consistency wise. if it looks fine. Goto service mode run the k in the test mode at 255 stop the image before the transfer. Remove process section again does it look good on transfer belt. What you could be experiencing is something other then a developer issue. Let me know what it looks like on transfer belt though. If you could stop it on drum as well. It will let us know where the problem is happening

tulintron
10-26-2020, 05:36 PM
I agree with Mikeena, but I should have inverted the cargo corona and drums. It could be the black loading corona, lack of grounding on the black drum. Can you notice the presence of developer in the prints? Does the black drum have a developer?

wjurls
10-26-2020, 05:52 PM
Looks like fairly heavy black coverage could be depleting the toner/carrier, faster than it's being added back in. Try setting dip switch 163-0 to a 1 to increase toner addition interval. There may be a sacrifice in productivity because it may also slow down printing during the add process.

kenpio
10-26-2020, 07:25 PM
Let me clarify the two prints that I have in the example. The solid black one is a test print of solid black at 255. The bottom green print is their print that the were printing. I was able to stop the print and looked at the transfer belt and the black drum. That is what led me to the developer. I could see that pattern on both the TB and the drum. This customer, I don't think is too much into speed, they are an hour away. So the next time I am there I will change the 163 dip switch.
Thanks
KEN

mikeena
10-27-2020, 03:56 PM
olk so heres where you conclusion has lead me. Transfer belt Has bad image. Drum has bad image. If you currently just replaced developer and dev unit. then the issue would be a arc or dev unit. now yes you just replaced the dev unit and the only reason i say this, is beecause i know a while back there was issues with dev units on a different model. i dont believe it is the issue here as this problem was a while agpo and on a different model ill look to see though if i can fine anything. i just didnt want to leave it out as a possiability. one question did this issue start after a black dev change? maybe dev is old it does have a shelf life. Arc seems more realistic though.

allan
10-27-2020, 07:42 PM
Change out your main charge corona just as a precaution.
It should not be chowing the developer like that.

mikeena
10-27-2020, 08:05 PM
Change out your main charge corona just as a precaution.
It should not be chowing the developer like that.

i agree i actually did have one do a similar issue. i didnt even think about that

mikeena
11-18-2020, 10:42 PM
so were you able to fix it or still having issues

Custom Search