PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 4020i crumpled paper

Custom Search

Genotrom
10-28-2020, 11:50 AM
Hi, I have a bizhub 4020i with only 10k pages. It smudges and prints a black line. I replaced the imaging unit and the black line seems to have disappeared but the paper problem I believe is the fuser. I opened and it seems that a spring is missing. But I'm not sure if it's missing or not. Some idea? I have ordered a new fuser.

demo — ImgBB (https://ibb.co/WfGy0Pb)
fuser2 — ImgBB (https://ibb.co/VSsjFp1)
fuser1 — ImgBB (https://ibb.co/L1DHQXY)

Genotrom
10-28-2020, 04:37 PM
I took the fuser unit apart. I noticed that there was a broken piece of plastic under the imaging unit. I've tried to see everywhere but really, I can't understand where it comes from. The fuser unit appears to be in good condition when pulled out. The curl increases when making multiple prints.

Cantechman
10-30-2020, 03:36 PM
I took the fuser unit apart. I noticed that there was a broken piece of plastic under the imaging unit. I've tried to see everywhere but really, I can't understand where it comes from. The fuser unit appears to be in good condition when pulled out. The curl increases when making multiple prints.

It certainly looks like a fuser issue to me. If it's only missing the spring for some reason maybe you can find one in a hardware store to fix it.

Bix
10-30-2020, 04:17 PM
Maybe I am wrong, I have installed few of these printers.
I once had a jam and it seems to me that there is only one spring on the left.
Let us know if it's the fuser when you change it. Alternatively, the rollers or damp paper may be dirty

tsbservice
10-30-2020, 05:34 PM
They are Brothers I think. If so check fuser entrance plastic guide, I had one of new pinter(new fuser) incorrectly placed from factory. Ground spring is only one and can't be problem in your case.

P.S.
Make sure paper guides in tray are aligned to paper tightly.

blackcat4866
10-30-2020, 11:54 PM
They are Brothers I think. If so check fuser entrance plastic guide, I had one of new pinter(new fuser) incorrectly placed from factory. Ground spring is only one and can't be problem in your case.

P.S.
Make sure paper guides in tray are aligned to paper tightly.

Yeah, that single spring just makes a ground connection, nothing to do with fuser pressure. It's got to be the paper or the fuser, one or the other. So open a fresh new ream of paper. If that doesn't fix it, you know what to do. =^..^=

Genotrom
11-05-2020, 09:39 AM
I changed the fuser and the problem now seems solved! The roller of the previous fuser has no marks but I have noticed that by lifting the plastic pressure lever, sometimes the rollers do not match and the pressure is stronger on one side.
I don't see anything broken and the springs seem healthy. In any case, the new fuser seems to have fixed it.

blackcat4866
11-05-2020, 12:11 PM
Congratulations on your success. =^..^=

JR2ALTA
11-05-2020, 12:38 PM
If it comes back look at the paper. I have seen many times there are random wrinkled pages in a brand new ream. Especially those diagonal ones in your example.

Genotrom
11-06-2020, 09:13 AM
If it comes back look at the paper. I have seen many times there are random wrinkled pages in a brand new ream. Especially those diagonal ones in your example.

I also tried my own stack of paper with no success. So necessarily some broken guideline or the fuser. Thank you!

Bix
02-01-2021, 04:13 PM
I also had a similar problem today. The 4020i printer has only 17k. Do these Brothers have such a bad fuser?

Custom Search