PDA

View Full Version : PC410/415 lift wires

Custom Search

rrrohan
10-29-2020, 04:39 AM
Is there mod to stop lift wires coming out of the grooves of A2XM622400

I recall someone mentioned sticking mylar over it but cant find any mention of it in the September 2019 part guide.

blackcat4866
10-30-2020, 01:10 AM
I used a heavy control panel sticker. Cut a 2mm x 30mm wide strip for the outer side and a 4mm x 30mm wide strip for the inner side. The cable only gets loose enough at the bottom of the travel, when there is no weight on it. =^..^=

rrrohan
10-30-2020, 02:44 AM
I used a heavy control panel sticker. Cut a 2mm x 30mm wide strip for the outer side and a 4mm x 30mm wide strip for the inner side. The cable only gets loose enough at the bottom of the travel, when there is no weight on it. =^..^=

so no official mod? i was planning on just dabbing some super glue in the slit it keeps using to escape

femaster
10-30-2020, 03:53 AM
so no official mod? i was planning on just dabbing some super glue in the slit it keeps using to escape

I have used a small amount of plastic epoxy to "fill in" the top part of the hole to prevent the wires from jumping out. It works well, and since the epoxy doesn't bond well to that type of plastic, it is fairly easily removed should you have a need to service the cable down the road.

One of the other techs in my office discovered a really good way of plugging that hole, that I'm looking at doing from now on. He took the small clear rubber corona holder (56AA17830) out of a BH600 transfer unit, cut it in half, and shoved the half of it down into the opening. I'm pretty sure those little rubber holders are used in a number of copier models, so shouldn't be too hard to find if you any ancient machines laying around you could scavenge them from.

I can't find any good images online, but here is the closest I could get. It's a clear rubber block, with a slit in the middle that goes about halfway down the length of the block. The corona wire would rest in that slit. You can't see the slit in this picture.
https://arcservicesco.com/images/thumbs/0020183_genuine-konica-minolta-transfer-holding-rubber-for-the-models-listed-on-this-pagespan-stylequotfont-_550.jpeg

blackcat4866
10-31-2020, 12:23 AM
I was thinking about hot glue, for the same reason. It doesn't stick very well, so it can be removed easily enough. It's just pretty snug down in that cavity. Long handled tools or hemostats .. without removing the face of the tray.

The rubber plug is a good idea. =^..^=

femaster
10-31-2020, 05:33 AM
I was thinking about hot glue, for the same reason. It doesn't stick very well, so it can be removed easily enough. It's just pretty snug down in that cavity. Long handled tools or hemostats .. without removing the face of the tray.

The rubber plug is a good idea. =^..^=

Is that the one at the front of the tray, or are my aging eyes playing tricks on me? So far I've only ever encountered the cable issue on the back side of the tray. Maybe I've just been lucky so far...

tech51
10-31-2020, 12:36 PM
I just block the hole with blue tak. Been doing it for a long time now and never had a cable fall out after.

blackcat4866
10-31-2020, 03:51 PM
Is that the one at the front of the tray, or are my aging eyes playing tricks on me? So far I've only ever encountered the cable issue on the back side of the tray. Maybe I've just been lucky so far...

Correct, the front. Same effect on the front or back. =^..^=

EarthKmTech
10-31-2020, 10:27 PM
When the cable is kinked at the pulley end you can reverse it to get an extra life out of it.

The cable holders on the lift platform are easy to remove without breaking by slipping a razor blade under the plastic stopped by the metal dimple. Dont be a dumbass and cut yourself.

The inertial damper on the lifting shaft is designed to stop the backspin from people opening the tray when full of paper. The backspin allows the cable to come off the pulley and causes the kink.

If the damper isnt damping, replace it. And re-educate end users to use bypass tray or other trays for one-off stock. The large capacity tray is not designed to be opened continuously while full of paper. This is what ruins the damper.

MVPunisher
11-02-2020, 08:54 PM
All of these better ideas than mine. But I have fixed this on the fly by wedging the perfect size tiny piece of paper.... folded up tight (real tight) in the groove. Just the right size to not obstruct cable but folded tight enough to not pop out. Didn't get a call back. Done it twice.

rrrohan
11-03-2020, 04:59 AM
what Part Number for damper?

is it part of this?

femaster
11-04-2020, 03:44 AM
what Part Number for damper?

is it part of this?

Pretty sure it's page 11, part #12 (A2XM623000). My parts manual calls it a "Dumper", but I'm quite certain someone misspelled that!

Synthohol
11-04-2020, 04:36 AM
All of these better ideas than mine. But I have fixed this on the fly by wedging the perfect size tiny piece of paper.... folded up tight (real tight) in the groove. Just the right size to not obstruct cable but folded tight enough to not pop out. Didn't get a call back. Done it twice.
done exactly that 4 times.
i use my spring hook tool to wedge it in the groove.
i gotta find some old bh600 rubber corona holders, that sounds like a good fix as well.

femaster
11-05-2020, 02:19 AM
i gotta find some old bh600 rubber corona holders, that sounds like a good fix as well.

It works quite well. Only need half of it, and it sits in there nice and snug so it won't pop out.

drowranger
11-05-2020, 09:21 AM
This post have jinxed me and i found this one ... broken front holder lead to this. Awaiting for the wire..

Zesti
11-05-2020, 10:59 AM
GREAT MINDS AT WORK.......Thumbs up....:o

femaster
11-07-2020, 02:44 AM
This post have jinxed me and i found this one ... broken front holder lead to this. Awaiting for the wire..

Looks terrible! Never had an issue like that thankfully. Maybe I should say, yet...

rrrohan
11-07-2020, 09:10 AM
i gotta find some old bh600 rubber corona holders, that sounds like a good fix as well.The part can still be ordered from KM, I asked the other day

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

blackcat4866
11-07-2020, 01:42 PM
Off topic: Kyocera sold a ledger/A3 sized external paper deck PF-660 for the KM-8030. Almost every customer I had with one of these eventually loaded two stacks of letter on the lift tray. Naturally the paper deck can only take paper off the left stack. Once it had used about 50mm of the left stack, the right stack was pressed very tightly up against the top of the deck, and the right cables would snap like over-tight guitar strings. =^..^=

suomi
11-07-2020, 09:15 PM

Works when you just put something in the gap.

Custom Search