PDA

View Full Version : C284 C-2152

Custom Search

copiertec
10-29-2020, 06:43 PM
Machine had a squeak, so I opened the right side jam door and cheated the door switch, ran a few on off cycles now the machine has a C2152 error. I have pulled out the transfer unit made sure sensors were clean, removed the fuser and reseated, reseated the transfer belt, but still have the code. What did I screw up? Any suggestions would be appreciated and thank you in advance.

tsbservice
10-29-2020, 06:54 PM
Didn't have this one but may worth check this ICP:

bizhub C224 has C2152 error code (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/125378-bizhub-c224-has-c2152-error-code.html)

tech51
10-29-2020, 07:34 PM
Have you opened and closed the front door with the power on to reset the code?

Only asking because you don’t mention it in your post.

copiertec
10-29-2020, 10:31 PM

Thank you for asking, tech51, that may have resolved the issue. I opened the door to turn the gear on the waste toner box, closed it and the code was gone. It had me going for a while, I pulled out the transfer multiple times, cleaned the ID sensors, pulled out the fuser unit, checked all the gears on the trans belt and fuser, etc. was ready to throw in the towel, checked the waste toner box, closed the front cover and it came to ready.
If it's not obvious...I am not a seasoned Konica tech, but I catch on real quick when pushed into the fire, I have made made note.

blackcat4866
10-30-2020, 12:12 AM
For future reference, you can get this code when toner blows up onto the inner frame, covering the sensor for the color primary transfer shift mechanism. This can occur at the same time as the primary transfer waste backing up. =^..^=

copiertec
10-30-2020, 12:25 AM
For future reference, you can get this code when toner blows up onto the inner frame, covering the sensor for the color primary transfer shift mechanism. This can occur at the same time as the primary transfer waste backing up. =^..^=

Thank you, blackcat. I did empty (Vacuum) the waste toner collector on the transfer belt unit when I had it out the fourth or fifth time and vacuumed the id sensors at the same time, so maybe that was an issue as well. It boils down to having done this for many of years, just not a lot of Konicas, and a little luck and some good help from Copytechnet.

blackcat4866
10-30-2020, 12:40 AM
The photo is too large to load, but the sensor is dead center in the middle of the rear transfer unit rail, and it doesn't look like a photointerrupter at all.

Ok, it's really small, but maybe you can see it. =^..^=

copiertec
10-30-2020, 01:03 AM
The photo is too large to load, but the sensor is dead center in the middle of the rear transfer unit rail, and it doesn't look like a photointerrupter at all.

Thank you, I did take my vacuum and brush along that area you have mentioned as I am almost obsessive about having a clean contacts and sensors, so almost unknowingly, I am sure I vacuumed this area because I remember the sliding lever by it.

blackcat4866
10-30-2020, 01:13 AM
Being obsessive has it's benefits. I would know. =^..^=

copiertec
10-30-2020, 01:40 AM
Being obsessive has it's benefits. I would know. =^..^=

I'd give you two thumbs up if I could.

tsbservice
10-30-2020, 09:34 AM

Yes, but in fact it is :)
Yet another picture of PS39.

MVPunisher
10-30-2020, 04:32 PM

Yep that is a rank B code so even if you fixed it, it will not reset without a open/close of front door.

Bix
11-02-2020, 03:58 PM
Yep that is a rank B code so even if you fixed it, it will not reset without a open/close of front door.

You may need to troubleshoot with the clear key

Custom Search