PDA

View Full Version : C3850 not loading security certificate

Custom Search

pickle8486
10-29-2020, 07:04 PM
Hi Guys,

So I got to change the security certificate on this c3850, I have updated the software, done the dipswitch, and I am still having issues with the machine taking the certificate in pagescope. I have called solutions, they walked me through, even to the point of giving me a repair request code. I am thinking of doing an initialization on the machine and reformatting the hard drive. Anyone got anything to save me from having to do this?

emujo2
10-30-2020, 03:57 PM
If there are any apps trying to use the Open API you will have issues with making SSL changes. Since you mentioned the dip switch I assume you need the SHA256 cert..Here's how I normally make a change like this

1. Remove any apps that utilze the Open API (3rd party stuff or marketplace)
2. Creast a new SSL certificate and set it as the new default
3. Delete any un needed SSL certs.

I do not know if the original cert is SHA1 and you try to upgrade to SHA256 if this will cause a conflict..There have been a few machines that did need a HDD format/data init to remove the greyed out settings. E

Bix
11-02-2020, 11:24 AM
I believe that in this model the new encryption levels are not supported

emujo2
11-02-2020, 05:47 PM
SHA256_RSA2048 is supported with firmware and a dip switch change. I can assure you that after getting these machines to fianlly accept Equitrac, OM, and Papercut, you can't do it with the less secure SHA-1 (w/o making some really dangerous security setting changes to the server. E

Custom Search