PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else getting crystallized/hardened toners from KM

Custom Search

SAR
10-29-2020, 07:16 PM
We've had several bad oem Konica Minolta toners in the last 2 months or so and was just wondering if anyone else is seeing this.
We have a climate controlled warehouse and have never had issues in the past with supplies, so I figured I would check to see if anyone else has had issues, because I don't think it's on our end unless it could be the shipper storing them in a hot or damp area.

copier tech
10-29-2020, 08:04 PM
We've had several bad oem Konica Minolta toners in the last 2 months or so and was just wondering if anyone else is seeing this.
We have a climate controlled warehouse and have never had issues in the past with supplies, so I figured I would check to see if anyone else has had issues, because I don't think it's on our end unless it could be the shipper storing them in a hot or damp area.

What exactly is wrong with them to make you feel they were "bad" ?

SAR
10-30-2020, 02:26 PM
What exactly is wrong with them to make you feel they were "bad" ?
The toner in the cartridge is hardened. If you shake the cartridge it sounds like there are marbles in there.
We have had to replace some toner hopper and development units because of it.

slimslob
10-30-2020, 02:37 PM

Please explain exact what you mean by "OEM." Usually that is a term used by those who do not want to admit they are using after market products. The problem you describe is one of the reasons to only purchase KM toner from KM.

and
10-30-2020, 02:44 PM
The toner in the cartridge is hardened. If you shake the cartridge it sounds like there are marbles in there.
We have had to replace some toner hopper and development units because of it.

One time about a year ago. Bizhub 554e

SAR
10-30-2020, 03:42 PM
Please explain exact what you mean by "OEM." Usually that is a term used by those who do not want to admit they are using after market products. The problem you describe is one of the reasons to only purchase KM toner from KM.
These are genuine Konica Minolta toners. We are an authorized dealer and NEVER use non oem toner, that is a recipe for disaster.

tsbservice
10-30-2020, 05:53 PM
This will happen when toner is stored or exposed to high temperature, obviously before entering your storage area. I would claim them all.

mga
10-30-2020, 07:25 PM
This will happen when toner is stored or exposed to high temperature, obviously before entering your storage area. I would claim them all.

Correct just send back to Konica

occus
10-31-2020, 05:06 PM
One time about a year ago. Bizhub 554e

Same... one time one bottle since 10 years. Maybe 2 years ago.

EarthKmTech
10-31-2020, 10:21 PM
Interestingly I installed some machines on a remote island a few years ago and found the machines and toners in a shipping container in the blazing sun, left like that for weeks too. It would have been about 50 degrees Celsius inside. Immediately I thought I was going to be in for a complete nightmare but to my astonishment all machines and toners were fine. I have had hardened toners and even developing units left in my car in the sun. It would be interesting to know at what temperature things become risky. Note that the dev units destroyed in my car happened during summer and me being away holidaying for a month. I’ve never made that careless mistake again

Bix
11-02-2020, 08:50 AM
In the 8e series we had a whole lot of bad toners. Konica Minolta was aware of the problem and they proceeded with the replacement. You give them the barcode
They knew about this problem

Custom Search