PDA

View Full Version : C454e edge of 12*18 not printed or fused well

Custom Search

positiveg
10-31-2020, 09:28 PM
Good day we've noticed that when we print jobs on 12*18 sheets the edges aren't printed the same way as the rest of the documents.

What do you think might be causing this fuser or belt?
Thanka

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Phil B.
10-31-2020, 09:30 PM
Good day we've noticed that when we print jobs on 12*18 sheets the edges aren't printed the same way as the rest of the documents.

Thanka

if the toner rubs off it's due to the fuser

Copiers 101

tsbservice
10-31-2020, 09:38 PM

Thanka

Samples please.

positiveg
10-31-2020, 09:39 PM
if the toner rubs off it's due to the fuser

Copiers 101It actually doesn't rub off.
Two jobs today two label jobs one with multiple labels per sheet the other with one label per sheet. The multiple label for sheet we have a line on two sides and the colour fades as yiu get closer to the edges. On the other h print the borders weren't printing was some Covid wear your mask signs. We've been getting tons of jobs like that as we plan to reopen to international travel so getting these done right is essential

Phil B.
10-31-2020, 10:10 PM
It actually doesn't rub off.
Two jobs today two label jobs one with multiple labels per sheet the other with one label per sheet. The multiple label for sheet we have a line on two sides and the colour fades as yiu get closer to the edges. On the other h print the borders weren't printing was some Covid wear your mask signs. We've been getting tons of jobs like that as we plan to reopen to international travel so getting these done right is essential

have you cleaned the laser lens? without samples kinda hard to make suggestions

Synthohol
10-31-2020, 11:42 PM
you can play with 2nd transfer voltage or try another thickness setting

copyman
11-01-2020, 01:04 AM
Have you done this same "exact" job before with good results?

You are pushing the max size for that machine. Most printers I know use 12x18 so they can get full bleed (complete edge to edge) 11x17 prints.

All copiers have a void area on the edges so if you are trying to do the machines max at 12x18 then you will have a void area for sure. This can be 1/16" to 1/8" blank area on edges. Might be able to minimize but not all the way.

Reason "all" copiers have a void area is if there was print to the edge it would cause jamming (sticking to drum & entering fuser unit) and if print was there it would get smeared.

One of the few things that has never changed, analog or digital, the dreaded void area!

BillyCarpenter
11-01-2020, 01:09 AM
Have you done this same "exact" job before with good results?

You are pushing the max size for that machine. Most printers I know use 12x18 so they can get full bleed (complete edge to edge) 11x17 prints.

All copiers have a void area on the edges so if you are trying to do the machines max at 12x18 then you will have a void area for sure. This can be 1/16" to 1/8" blank area on edges. Might be able to minimize but not all the way.

Reason "all" copiers have a void area is if there was print to the edge it would cause jamming (sticking to drum & entering fuser unit) and if print was there it would get smeared.

One of the few things that has never changed, analog or digital, the dreaded void area!

Quoted for accuracy!!! Good explanation.

slimslob
11-01-2020, 01:59 AM
The main reason that office grade copiers have side edge voids has more to do t he fact that they do not have CIS detection of the side of the paper like most production machines now do. he specifications for most office copiers allows up to 2mm variation on registration, lead edge and side edge, and up to 2 mm skew over 11 inches. Without the edge void you can end up with a black line down one side or the other which is a shadow of the edge of the original. Even if you are doing a print job and not a copy job, the allowed variation could still cause loss of printed data at the very edge. One thing that you can try is you are doing a print job is to reduce by 1% to 3%. That should put the entire content of the page on the portion of the paper that is not effected by the edge void.

If you absolutely have to have 12X18 full bleed then you are talking production color MFP or inkjet. If you are trying to print signs on construction paper or other heavy stock you might need a color wide format banner printer. Epson and a few others make them.

blackcat4866
11-01-2020, 02:54 PM
I still haven't seen a sample yet. I'm not going to speculate on some imaginary issue. =^..^=

positiveg
11-03-2020, 07:47 PM
I still haven't seen a sample yet. I'm not going to speculate on some imaginary issue. =^..^=

So strange we're trying to get you a sample print, we dumbed the one sheet that came out bad, and now the printer is acting all brand new. But it is something we have seen before.
thanks much.
I do believe it might be the fuser.

rrrohan
11-03-2020, 11:23 PM
Well you could open door mid print and see what image looks like on paper prior to it going into fuser.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Phil B.
11-03-2020, 11:32 PM
Well you could open door mid print and see what image looks like on paper prior to it going into fuser.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

yup the ol' Half Print or Stop Test

also examine belt/drums for the like image

Custom Search