PDA

View Full Version : Jamming c454 ADF original stop position settings

Custom Search

florian
11-02-2020, 04:42 PM
Hi there and good evening

I work at an architecture company where I take care of most of the printing infrastructure, as a side thing. We don't have a lot, just a large format plotter and a konica bizhub c454 for smaller print outs.
I've been a frequent visitor to this forum and have usually found answers to my questions, a very helpful thing.

Unfortunately my last problem I could not solve after long crawly through endless pages. The following has occurred in the last week: We have always been perfectly able to scan and copy via the ADF, suddenly this stopped working and jamming. The original gets pulled in and runs through coming out on the underside. Suddenly it stops though, still sticking inside (roughly half of the page). The copy/scan is sent via email or comes out perfectly fine, the display although shows a paper jam (at 22/25). I have to pull out the paper open the lid and the problem is solved.

I found out that this has to do with the original stop position. The setting I could also localize in the service mode. However I have trouble adjusting it to the correct parameters. I believe the problem is minor and should be easy to solve and not recquire the necessity of a technician.

Can someone help?

All the best and thank you very much,

Florian

Synthohol
11-02-2020, 05:00 PM
Grab a can of air and blow out EVERYTHING. Lift up flaps and blow in crevasses.
Most of the time it's a dirty black felt patch under feeder far left side. The center patch gets contaminated with paper dust.
Also the ADF adjustments emade with the black box sheet that comes with the feeder. Don't try manual afjustments, it won't fix any slight skew.
Get the sheet and do it right.

tsbservice
11-02-2020, 05:19 PM
Grab a can of air and blow out EVERYTHING. Lift up flaps and blow in crevasses.
Most of the time it's a dirty black felt patch under feeder far left side. The center patch gets contaminated with paper dust.
Also the ADF adjustments emade with the black box sheet that comes with the feeder. Don't try manual afjustments, it won't fix any slight skew.
Get the sheet and do it right.

Agree it have nothing to do with original stop position. Still it's a bit of lottery to do the canned air job :cool:

emujo2
11-02-2020, 05:32 PM
you will need the ADF afjustment page that comes with every new ADF. It may be somewhere in the back of your machine..It is an A4 test chart. With this and access to service mode you can run the various zonal adjustments, but...let me ask..Is it the last document that gets stuck on every job, or if just a one page job? And the document itself has no evidence of striking something (paper clip, staple, candy corn (yes candy corn)). If so you probably have a dirty sensor or malfunctioning tray empty sensor. E

MVPunisher
11-02-2020, 08:49 PM
The email/copy portion of this issue seems unlikely or a coincidence. Most likely your jam code says 6605 in the history. The read sensor needs to be cleaned underneath the feeder. The most common service call on these feeders. When my customers ask me if there is anything they can do I send them this link to youtube that shows them where the sensor is. Pretty easy fix. If user is helpful it is a user fixable.

Adf sensor cleaning, Konica Minolta copiers - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQuFxjYUS2w)

florian
11-03-2020, 08:27 AM
Immense gratitude!!! I cleaned it with alcohol, blew in a few times and it works like a charm – saved us a lot of money! Thank you guys so so much!!!

rrrohan
11-03-2020, 12:25 PM
alcohol fixes most things including us techs

Custom Search