PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Reset transfer belt on c454e

Custom Search

Leebs14
11-03-2020, 10:14 AM
Not used to working in these machines but been asked to fit a new transfer belt on one, do I need to clear any counters once fitted or is it automatic?

rrrohan
11-03-2020, 10:16 AM
New release it in CE mode with don't door open. Boop the start button. So long as it's blue when you do it close front door. Bob should be ya uncle

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Bix
11-03-2020, 10:27 AM
The transfer belt does not have a counter chip. Once replaced, you need to reset it from Service Mode. If the annoying problem is "replace the transfer belt", you can simply reset the counter. But be careful, it is highly discouraged because if you have any quality problems in the future, you may not understand why.

Leebs14
11-03-2020, 11:48 AM
New release it in CE mode with don't door open. Boop the start button. So long as it's blue when you do it close front door. Bob should be ya uncle

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Thanks worked a treat !

rrrohan
11-03-2020, 11:52 AM
well u have some advise that helped maybe help out the site with a one off donation? https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/vbdonate.php?do=donate

Leebs14
11-04-2020, 02:34 PM
thank you everyone for your reply, it was the New release machine so opening closing the door worked to reset the counter. One thing though is that the grey's are very pinkish? i have checked the life of everything and all the drums and developer units are well within life, i went into service and did a gradation adjustment but its still the same. Its a chargeable customer so they are wanting it fixed but not sure where I start?

copier addict
11-04-2020, 04:46 PM
thank you everyone for your reply, it was the New release machine so opening closing the door worked to reset the counter. One thing though is that the grey's are very pinkish? i have checked the life of everything and all the drums and developer units are well within life, i went into service and did a gradation adjustment but its still the same. Its a chargeable customer so they are wanting it fixed but not sure where I start?

I would start with cleaning the printhead and IDC sensors, doing and initialize and stabilize and then run gradation again.

tsbservice
11-04-2020, 05:28 PM
I would start with cleaning the printhead and IDC sensors, doing and initialize and stabilize and then run gradation again.
+1. Do the basics first.

Custom Search