PDA

View Full Version : BH-C-360, water drops in fuser

Custom Search

Hansoon
11-04-2020, 05:53 AM
BH-C-360 is having fuser jams regularly because humidity in the paper is condensing in the fuser unit. Besides of the quality of the paper, are there any mods to avoid water condensing in the fuser unit?

Hans

copier tech
11-04-2020, 08:03 AM
BH-C-360 is having fuser jams regularly because humidity in the paper is condensing in the fuser unit. Besides of the quality of the paper, are there any mods to avoid water condensing in the fuser unit?

Hans

NO.

rrrohan
11-04-2020, 01:16 PM
Maybe don't stock paper tray so full that it has time to soak moisture

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Hansoon
11-04-2020, 05:04 PM
Maybe don't stock paper tray so full that it has time to soak moisture

Have been through that already, not the cause in this case. Opening a brand new ream of paper (rotten-) within 30 prints water is condensing in the fuser. Office has normal climate, heaters are on.

Hans

tsbservice
11-04-2020, 05:26 PM
Maybe try another fuser?

BillyCarpenter
11-04-2020, 05:38 PM
I live in the deep south right on the gulf and I have never seen drops of water from the paper. I'm not saying that I don't believe you but that's incredible. And how can water get into every fresh ream of paper? I've just never seen it. In any event, the problem is in the paper, not the machine, IMHO.

Synthohol
11-04-2020, 09:24 PM
I've seen droplets of condensation in vertical sections many times.
I've turned off sleep mode and set power save to the max.
Usually keeps the machine warm enough NOT to collect condensation.

BillyCarpenter
11-04-2020, 10:47 PM
I've seen droplets of condensation in vertical sections many times.
I've turned off sleep mode and set power save to the max.
Usually keeps the machine warm enough NOT to collect condensation.

Maybe I misunderstood. Is he saying the condensation is in the machine or the paper? I understood him to be talking about the paper. Yes, I've seen condensation inside the machine.

If he has condensation inside the machine he should be able dry it out and the machine should run correctly for a little while. And from that point he's gonna have to figure out what's causing it. Severe temperature changes in the room will cause it. Perhaps they turn the heat/air off overnight?

blackcat4866
11-04-2020, 10:57 PM
If he has condensation inside the machine he should be able dry it out and the machine should run correctly for a little while. And from that point he's gonna have to figure out what's causing it. Severe temperature changes in the room will cause it. Perhaps they turn the heat/air off overnight?

For this situation, you can set a daily timer to start the machine ~3 hours before the first person arrives in the office. Then set the sleep timer to keep the machine awake during this time. =^..^=

Synthohol
11-04-2020, 11:17 PM
fwiw the c360 expired last December. no support, no parts being made.
dead model. hell even my manuals for it are from 2011.
last nail in coffin is it likely wont support SMBv2
there is a firmware that supports smb v1 and this is a quote from the bulletin.

But if it’ s does not work or has some problem on SMBv2 and CIFS, we cannot provide solution for you anymore.

i know this has little to do with your droplet issue, just dont want to see you invest money on a dead/dying horse.

Gaffers01
11-10-2020, 05:36 PM
how about installing a heater in the bottom of the machine? when we have machines in damp conditions we install a little
heater like this HPG-1/11-60X35-100-240 | Heating Element | RS Components (https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/heating-elements/7256459/)

tsbservice
11-10-2020, 06:28 PM
how about installing a heater in the bottom of the machine? when we have machines in damp conditions we install a little
heater like this HPG-1/11-60X35-100-240 | Heating Element | RS Components (https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/heating-elements/7256459/)

Agree.
Offtopic: I dismantled several old Tosh 1360/1370 years ago and these little beauty had what I believe is built heater inside. They were gorgeous machines.

rrrohan
11-10-2020, 08:10 PM
Don't the bigger Konica have built in heaters?

allan
11-10-2020, 08:48 PM
Had exactly this issue at only one customer before. Never seen it that bad before on any other machine also C360.
Jams plagued the machine. Must be environmental. If there is an air conditioner there set it to dry mode.

Please keep us posted.

Try the power save off option as per Synthohol.

allan
11-10-2020, 08:53 PM
Wonder if anti-fog spay for windscreens would be of any use here...

fishleg
11-19-2020, 12:01 AM

Woah brilliant idea how does it regulate though like do you leave it on permanently and how is it powered?

Won't it just cook the machine 24/7?

blackcat4866
11-19-2020, 01:03 AM
Woah brilliant idea how does it regulate though like do you leave it on permanently and how is it powered?

I would suppose that depends on how much wattage it uses. A 40watt light bulb and a metal cabinet with a snug fitting door makes a nice dry-storage cabinet for your paper.

I'd imagine that the lowest rated 40C, mounted to a metal frame member in the bottom of the machine would be quite adequate (doesn't show resistance or wattage specs).

allan
11-19-2020, 08:49 AM

The tray heater for the Konica Minolta machines have only 2 wires going to it.
That comes from an step down transformer at around supplying from 20 to 24V AC.
Guess its got regulation and protection included in the element somewhere.
Or its just a low wattage.

Instead of buying just strip out of B600 or any other scrap machine that includes a tray heater.
Strip out the element pad and the transformer.

Used those for on a incubator before. Also used them one winter to heat up my feet.

But doubt the source of moisture here is from the paper.

Custom Search