PDA

View Full Version : KM Bizhub C3350 waving paper only at the end of the sheet

Custom Search

ammorex112
11-04-2020, 07:16 AM
hello,
i have a customer with a Bizhub C3350 multifunction printer and the problem is that all the sheets are coming out with the last few centimeters in waves.
the problem is not the fuser, tried with another one. tryed another kind of paper, even used paper, but no luck. i somehow suspect a delay between fuser and exit rollers, after the fuser exit sensor is closing, but as i'v seen, the fuser and the exit rollers are driven by the same gear. any advice would be great. thank you!

and
11-04-2020, 07:54 AM
If you want test remove one of 19 and with a piece of paper press sping 13.

If you want disassemble mfp change 16, 13, 19.

rrrohan
11-04-2020, 11:31 AM
Simplex vs duplex give different result?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

CraigW
11-04-2020, 01:40 PM
For us it was, the Reversal/Exit assembly.

tech51
11-04-2020, 03:56 PM
Had this a lot over this machines life time.

The exit guides on these are prone to getting a layer of toner on them which goes tacky and drags the paper as it goes through.

You may get away with cleaning them but replacing them is the only permanent cure.

In particular the guide over the fuser,the reversal guide on the duplex drive, the holder assembly (part 8 on the previously posted parts list) and the exit drive rollers.

blackcat4866
11-04-2020, 11:21 PM
Back when I was working on Canon analogs, worn exit rollers caused this. =^..^=

ammorex112
11-05-2020, 11:58 AM
thank you all! tommorw i'll take another exit assembly from a newer machine and go to the client. i'll get back here to share my experience after the test.

907tec
05-11-2022, 04:43 AM
thank you all! tommorw i'll take another exit assembly from a newer machine and go to the client. i'll get back here to share my experience after the test.

Did you ever resolve this? Have a customer with two old c3350s doing the same thing. Fuser/Reverse Duplex assy didn't fix it.

DasBurGovna
06-10-2022, 07:09 PM
I have a customer with same issue so I'm ordering exit guides and roller. Just curious how long it took you guys to do this job. Ive never had to work on the exit ass'y of this model before. Doesn't look too complicated looking at parts manual. Just a lot of stuff to swap over.

kingarthur
06-13-2022, 04:13 PM
I have a customer with same issue so I'm ordering exit guides and roller. Just curious how long it took you guys to do this job. Ive never had to work on the exit ass'y of this model before. Doesn't look too complicated looking at parts manual. Just a lot of stuff to swap over.

it's been a while since I did one - if I remember correctly, you have to remove the scanner to remove the exit assy, but be very careful, that when you re install the assy - you don't break the paper exit actuator.

gareth577
06-13-2022, 11:08 PM

It takes about an hour, the ADF and scanner need to come off, be careful when removing the exit assembly, the exit actuator exit prone to breaking.

femaster
06-14-2022, 03:25 AM
I'd also be careful with the entire exit assembly. Not only does the actuator tend to break, the entire upper guide in the exit area will most likely crumble to bits do to heat degradation. We've had to replace the upper guide area in a number of these (including the C3351's) recently because they are warping and cracking. Just bumping the assembly causes it to crumble.

Yet another reason I keep trying convince the powers that be at our office to NOT set the low power time out to the maximum of 240 minutes. The plastic just sits there and bakes to death for no good reason at all...

Custom Search