PDA

View Full Version : C3350i Brand new All dev units depleted

Custom Search

MVPunisher
11-04-2020, 04:46 PM
I am pretty sure I already know the direction I am heading but weird enough issue that I would post here in case someone already had it happen and wants to save me wasted steps.

Brand new out of box. CMY dev units all washed out, diagonal wavy auger lines on halftones. Waste toner box full of Dev. Band around the belt most likely collateral damage from running dev through it.

Plan is to warranty the HV unit, along with the IUs and belt. I put a call in with Konica just to log it.

Not expecting someone to have seen this already but worth a shot.

kingarthur
11-05-2020, 02:36 PM
I am pretty sure I already know the direction I am heading but weird enough issue that I would post here in case someone already had it happen and wants to save me wasted steps.

Brand new out of box. CMY dev units all washed out, diagonal wavy auger lines on halftones. Waste toner box full of Dev. Band around the belt most likely collateral damage from running dev through it.

Plan is to warranty the HV unit, along with the IUs and belt. I put a call in with Konica just to log it.

Not expecting someone to have seen this already but worth a shot.

There are bulletins & FW for these machines, IU units failing prematurely, I've warranty claimed a few, and KM haven't quibbled, all the HV contacts need to be checked, remove PCBs & refit, there's a new set up procedure, and also all the units have to be taken out & shook before set up, carry out the initialize/stabilize with the paper tray open, this might need to be done a few times, until the toner percentage is above 6.5%, look at replacing IU in the service manual

Bix
11-05-2020, 02:39 PM
firmware update in these models is important. In some cases it might help with resolution. Read the latest notes in the latest firmware documents.

Cidermatt
11-05-2020, 03:46 PM
There are bulletins & FW for these machines, IU units failing prematurely, I've warranty claimed a few, and KM haven't quibbled, all the HV contacts need to be checked, remove PCBs & refit, there's a new set up procedure, and also all the units have to be taken out & shook before set up, carry out the initialize/stabilize with the paper tray open, this might need to be done a few times, until the toner percentage is above 6.5%, look at replacing IU in the service manual

do you have a setup procedure?

blackcat4866
11-05-2020, 06:10 PM
I had this on a 3 month old C458. The cyan developing unit was sucked dry of toner in 20 seconds. Yes, the new one ... and the one before that. It turned out to be the HVT. I didn't even get (1) good copy before the toner depleted. =^..^=

MVPunisher
11-05-2020, 06:42 PM
Yep I had a c308 do this with yellow as well. Hadn't seen all 3 colors before and directly out of the box. 0 good prints .

Boltaction
07-22-2021, 06:45 PM

Just saw one in the field for waste toner full, 490 pages on the machine total since June of last year. Yellow IU is depleted, Cyan IU is showing signs on the halftones. It currently has G00-B5 firmware but I'm seeing there is a new firmware G00-E9 so I'm going to replace Yellow and Cyan IU's and then update the firmware. Once you reseat connectors on the PCBs run the Initialize/Stabilize with the paper trays open and confirm that TCR levels are around 6.5%, have you seen this problem come back?

Custom Search